Preferences - When?

JPH814

Has something changed with Seabourn?  

I have a cruise in September.  I have completed my online registration (passport info, flights, etc.)  But the tab that says "Preferences" is blank. I seem to recall that this is where I would tell them things like what kind of booze and other drinks I want in my suite, how I want the bed arranged (queen vs 2 singles) etc.  Is this something that I will just do as we get closer to sailing?  My last cruise (October of 2022) I recall being able to fill this out when I did the registration.

This is not to be confused with the Seabourn Club benefits (free laundry and shore excursion discount) that I already successfully selected.

JPH814

A lot of folks have posted that the tab on the registration page has been "down" / blank / 404 Error (I believe) for quite some time. We had 3 cabins on a sailing two weeks ago - our cabin when I registered all the other tabs - it worked and was filled in from our previous sailing. The other two cabins were never able to complete that tab. Just told our room stewardess' on embarkation when they stopped by to introduce themselves. We were 3 cabins in a row and were "toasting" the start of the cruise when they stopped by - so made it easy all around !

Bob

22 minutes ago, robertmartha said:

JPH814

A lot of folks have posted that the tab on the registration page has been "down" / blank / 404 Error (I believe) for quite some time. We had 3 cabins on a sailing two weeks ago - our cabin when I registered all the other tabs - it worked and was filled in from our previous sailing. The other two cabins were never able to complete that tab. Just told our room stewardess' on embarkation when they stopped by to introduce themselves. We were 3 cabins in a row and were "toasting" the start of the cruise when they stopped by - so made it easy all around !

Bob

thanks Bob.  You are right.  My experience with Seabourn is that all will be well.  If the fridge is not set up when we arrive, it will be made right in very short order.  

it is just my OCD Ess worrying about it 100 days before the cruise. 

JPH - completely understand. I was checking constantly for our other two cabins - our adult daughters and their SO's on their first Seabourn cruise - so of course I had told them about the tab and they of course thought how fabulous it would be ! But as I said all was made good within an hour of embarkation. And the fridge stayed very well stocked for all of them for the week ! For the wife and I - all we drank was the Pellegrino...never even opened anything else that had been stocked. Unless someone spends a lot of time in the cabin - anything we needed was available in the colonnade, the pool deck, bars, restaurants, etc. I definitely indulged more then I would at home ... but it is vacation !

I did get a bit nervous when I didn't recall finishing one night in the club with an espresso martini though! 😨 !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robertmartha said:

I did get a bit nervous when I didn't recall finishing one night in the club with an espresso martini though! 😨 !

This reminds me of our last cruise---we chatted with a  woman at the Obs Bar one evening.  I saw her the next day on our excursion--called her by name etc.  She looked at me and said that we had never met.  I reminded her about the night before and that we had chatted at the bar.  She said, "Oh, if it was after dinner, I would never remember."  

• Haha 10

55 minutes ago, robertmartha said:

It reminds me of my recent crossing…however, I do remember having issues falling asleep due to the caffeine! 😂

Nancy

First Seabourn cruise for us. We don’t drink alcohol. What non alcoholic drinks are available for our fridge? Ie. just soft drinks and  water or are there juices we can request? (Specifically Apple or Cranberry) What brand soft drinks? (Coke vs Pepsi) Thanks in advance, feeling a bit out of our element. 

10 minutes ago, imescaping said:

First Seabourn cruise for us. We don’t drink alcohol. What non alcoholic drinks are available for our fridge? Ie. just soft drinks and  water or are there juices we can request? (Specifically Apple or Cranberry) What brand soft drinks? (Coke vs Pepsi) Thanks in advance, feeling a bit out of our element. 

I know they have Coca Cola.  I'm not sure about Pepsi.  When you board you can ask your room attendant and they will bring you whatever is available.  I'm sure there are some juices available.  

3 hours ago, JPH814 said:

I have a cruise in September.  I have completed my online registration (passport info, flights, etc.)  But the tab that says "Preferences" is blank. I seem to recall that this is where I would tell them things like what kind of booze and other drinks I want in my suite, how I want the bed arranged (queen vs 2 singles) etc.  Is this something that I will just do as we get closer to sailing?  My last cruise (October of 2022) I recall being able to fill this out when I did the registration.

This is not to be confused with the Seabourn Club benefits (free laundry and shore excursion discount) that I already successfully selected.

I always see it when I book a cruise but never need to change my preferences.

2 hours ago, robertmartha said:

JPH - completely understand. I was checking constantly for our other two cabins - our adult daughters and their SO's on their first Seabourn cruise - so of course I had told them about the tab and they of course thought how fabulous it would be ! But as I said all was made good within an hour of embarkation. And the fridge stayed very well stocked for all of them for the week ! For the wife and I - all we drank was the Pellegrino...never even opened anything else that had been stocked. Unless someone spends a lot of time in the cabin - anything we needed was available in the colonnade, the pool deck, bars, restaurants, etc. I definitely indulged more then I would at home ... but it is vacation !

I enjoy a cocktail in the room while my wife finishes getting dressed in the evening,,,,And she has ben known to have a glass then as well.  

We are on the fifth deck and love the aft pool.  So rarely used  it is like my own private oasis.  Only problem the cocktail servers never make it around to there.  So I will bring a cocktail with me.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robertmartha said:

A lot of folks have posted that the tab on the registration page has been "down" / blank / 404 Error (I believe) for quite some time.

On an upcoming sailing it is my husband's birthday and that tab is usually the place to indicate celebrations onboard for birthdays etc. Since I had another query, when I rang Seabourn Australia I asked about that preference page and was told it had been down for awhile and the IT department were working on making it more up to date. The bonus was the representative  gave my husband a little OBC for his birthday.

Leaving a note that first day for preferred drinks works well even if you have asked the stewardess previously as she has a few rooms to do and it can help as a reminder.

Julie

8 hours ago, JPH814 said:

I was struggling with this same issue a couple of days ago. The only way I managed to see this preference page required some work. I opened the Seabourn Source app, then I selected "Online Guest Registration". It opened a new Chrome browser and asked me to login in. I login in, and then checked register for all guests. Then I sumped ahead and selected the preference page. Another page came up and asked me to login again! After these login in, the familiar preference page show up and I can select what my food allergy is. I was using an Android phone, if that makes a different. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CalmSea said:

I was struggling with this same issue a couple of days ago. The only way I managed to see this preference page required some work. I opened the Seabourn Source app, then I selected "Online Guest Registration". It opened a new Chrome browser and asked me to login in. I login in, and then checked register for all guests. Then I sumped ahead and selected the preference page. Another page came up and asked me to login again! After these login in, the familiar preference page show up and I can select what my food allergy is. I was using an Android phone, if that makes a different. 

Oh my god! 😱😱😱

Thanks for sharing! 

IMG_3383.png

Interesting am on the President's cruise starting in little over a wee.  Was able to complete the preferences list several months ago on the Source App but, not on any browser.  Got a phone call about a week ago asking what my preferences were.  Told her I had cocmplete the preferences but, she could not find it so remembered and gave verbally my preferences.  Later looked on the source app and preferences were still there.  

A complet mystery why the seabourn IT is so horrible.  Can't get anywhere with chrome on my computer but, Firefox works fine.  We'll see if my preferences are there when I board in Greenland a wee from Sunday but,, who's counting the days and hours.

22 hours ago, CalmSea said:

This can also be done directly from a browser on a computer for those who prefer that by starting with the following url:
https://book2.seabourn.com/olci-iu/#/preferences

I tested with both Chrome and Edge and it works on both when following CalmSea's instructions.

That being said, since this is a URL you're not being directed to via the main Seabourrn site I give absolutely no guarantee that somebody actually will take note of the preferences entered. All the other passenger information is however correct there, so there's certainly a link to their database. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2