Are Cabins near elevator banks noisy on the Joy?

Just now, knscruiser322 said:

Around cabin 14780. Currently I have a nice room at 11866, but if upgrading that would be the room available.

Was wondering if anyone stayed here or near this vicinity to comment on this. Thanks in advance CCer's!

We stayed in 14178 and heard absolutely no noise.   I was a little concerned beforehand, but the location was perfect.

• Like 1

That is nice to hear especially since that is literally on the opposite side. I'm guessing its because the floors above and below are all cabins so the only traffic would be people going back to their rooms or waiting for the elevator.

So you don't even hear the chimes of the elevator?

20 minutes ago, knscruiser322 said:

That is nice to hear especially since that is literally on the opposite side. I'm guessing its because the floors above and below are all cabins so the only traffic would be people going back to their rooms or waiting for the elevator.

Did not hear a beep from the elevator.   I would definitely stay in this location again if given the opportunity.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knscruiser322 said:

The elevators are not outside your door. They are separated from the passenger halls. Since we have some mobility issues, we always have a cabin at the elevator banks. are there kids that run down the hall, yup… but that would be the same noise anywhere in the hall (more by the elevators). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knscruiser322 said:

Was wondering if anyone stayed here or near this vicinity to comment on this. Thanks in advance CCer's!

I think elevator noises are an overblown issue -- certainly on the newer ships that have no public areas on the deck.

A far more important concern is the venue below or above you. We made the mistake of deck 9 on Joy right above the Cavern Club. I love the Beatles, but damn, a person can take only so much...  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Did not hear a beep from the elevator.   I would definitely stay in this location again if given the opportunity.   

Looks like I'm staying in 14176! I just straight up paid for the upgrade. I was originally on the fence and waited too long so HJ, the lowest Haven suite was all sold out, so the next one up which only had literally 4 left.

It seems everyone is just upgrading to Haven because of the price drops as it inches closer to sailing.

A few days ago the same room was literally a couple of hundred bucks more. Big difference.

Thanks all who chimed in.!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, knscruiser322 said:

Looks like I'm staying in 14176! I just straight up paid for the upgrade. I was originally on the fence and waited too long so HJ, the lowest Haven suite was all sold out, so the next one up which only had literally 4 left.

It seems everyone is just upgrading to Haven because of the price drops as it inches closer to sailing.

A few days ago the same room was literally a couple of hundred bucks more. Big difference.

Thanks all who chimed in.!

Good for you!   Enjoy it and again, I am sure you will love the location.    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Cabins near the elevator bank I think are the best choice.  No waking through the long hallways.  Never ever heard any noise from the elevator area.

We avoid elevators and take stairs but alway book as close to the elevators nd use the stairs, no noise.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 6:51 PM, vacation44 said:

We stayed in 14178 and heard absolutely no noise.   I was a little concerned beforehand, but the location was perfect.

We have 14182 and hoping all good!

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Haven't been on the Joy but have been on nearly all of the larger ships. We have never been bothered by any noise from the elevators and we purposely book cabins as  close to them as we can. (for convenience) You will be fine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, knscruiser322 said:

Hi again,

Can anyone tell me what is above the room in 14176 on the Joy? It looks to be a open area.

Is that the Observation Lounge? Now I'm wondering if there will be heavy foot traffic noise from above.

Does look to be a seating area of the observation lounge.  It's carpeted and people don't drag the chairs around, so it's not nearly as high traffic as say the pool or buffet.  This site has pics of the area.  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Joy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, knscruiser322 said:

Can anyone tell me what is above the room in 14176 on the Joy? It looks to be a open area.

Is that the Observation Lounge? Now I'm wondering if there will be heavy foot traffic noise from above.

Our portside balcony stateroom was on Deck 15 last September and we frequently visited/use the OL, I dig thru our photo collections - cabin #14176 is under the OL, it is near "current" entrance - but as best as I can remember (see photo below as that's best one we have to help explain it) - it is a non-public space there, further ahead along that corridor is the first section of the lounge with fixed/stationary sofa, small coffee tables and about 4 chairs ... layout similar to a large living room.  Any foot traffic would be directly along the corridor (that's "your" hallway, outside the cabin ... sound insulation is excellent, you won't hear any ordinary noises from above.)   Even if someone is going to move around those single chairs, it is not going to really make a lot of noise that you can hear from the deck below.  

PXL_20220918_213948891.jpg

PXL_20220918_184754530.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, knscruiser322 said:

Hi again,

We were in 14180 on Joy in March. We heard no noise from above, below, or the hall. It was a well-positioned room, though I was slightly nervous, not knowing exactly what was above us. I think you'll find your room is peaceful. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 6:54 PM, knscruiser322 said:

I got off the Joy yesterday. I had an inside cabin near the aft elevators (13641). I could hear the chimes. If you have a balcony cabin, you are a bit farther away and won't hear them. 

Edited by Bonobochick
added something.