Britannia - a cut back too far

nomadgirluk

3 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

Instead of the usual ribbon on handle, I put an identifier GB (car) sticker on my case last time, hoping they would think it belonged to Gary Barlow and treat it differently....Nope, that didn't work! 🤣

Back in the day, Tommy Trinder had a TT number plate on his Rolls. He said that the police may think it belonged to Terry Thomas, who did lots of charity work and let him off.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Bar of soap by the sink plus shampoo and body wash next to the shower on Aurora on the cruise I got off yesterday.

No flannels but sure you can ask for one…..!

On every cruise and every cruise line we ask for flannels and bars of soap, never been refused. Flannels always got replaced daily. May need to use Americanism likes face cloth instead of flannel to make sure steward understands what you want though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokey01 said:

On every cruise and every cruise line we ask for flannels and bars of soap, never been refused. Flannels always got replaced daily. May need to use Americanism likes face cloth instead of flannel to make sure steward understands what you want though.

Otherwise you may end up with a nice pair of Farahs…😀

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 12:15 PM, kalos said:

It doesn't matter how nice the soap smells..

Never let anyone see you walk out of the bathroom sniffing your fingers.

Is the soap scented????or were you being tongue in cheek? Our sailing next spring will be my first time with P&O...I would need to bring my own supplies if this is the case.  Thanks

Edited by RumAndCoconuts

6 hours ago, RumAndCoconuts said:

Is the soap scented????or were you being tongue in cheek? 

Yep it was the latter . Sorry but I don't know the scent of P&O soap🤣

I once did  a survey and I asked people what soap they like to use in the shower ?

Over 98%  of them told me to get out before they report me to  the police 🙃😉

Enjoy your cruise 🙂
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Yep it was the latter . Sorry but I don't know the scent of P&O soap🤣

I once did  a survey and I asked people what soap they like to use in the shower ?

Over 98%  of them told me to get out before they report me to  the police 🙃😉

99.9% were perfectly happy with the soap

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just back from Britannia this morning.

No hand soap in our balcony cabin.

No big deal because after reading these threads I had packed my own.

Cabin steward was fine in providing facecloths, replaced every day, and  I didn't want to stress him out over hand soap.

Plenty tea and coffee, replenished nicely each day, but no biscuits. Again no problem as digestives are available from Horizon buffet if you are fancying a dunk.

Now, the effectiveness of the hair dryer....that's a different matter!! Definitely bring your own for Britannia, but they are fine on Arvia and Iona. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Cabin steward was fine in providing facecloths, replaced every day, and  I didn't want to stress him out over hand soap.

Plenty tea and coffee, replenished nicely each day, but no biscuits. Again no problem as digestives are available from Horizon buffet if you are fancying a dunk.

Now, the effectiveness of the hair dryer....that's a different matter!! Definitely bring your own for Britannia, but they are fine on Arvia and Iona. 

The inconsistency is annoying... 

We had a bar of soap on the cruise before you and I believe Selbourne had liquid soap on the same cruise as you?? 

Doesn't make sense... 

Andy 

1 hour ago, alpha whiskey said:

oy.  They have ONE job. 😑

15 minutes ago, RumAndCoconuts said:

oy.  They have ONE job. 😑

Not on P&O.  I frequently saw my cabin steward helping in the restaurants in the evening and others were cleaning public areas.  Since the pandemic cabin stewards multi task on various jobs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Not on P&O.  I frequently saw my cabin steward helping in the restaurants in the evening and others were cleaning public areas.  Since the pandemic cabin stewards multi task on various jobs.

Actually, I was referring to the hair dryer. 🤣

• Haha 3