NCLH Press Release on “Simply More”

Classiccruiser777

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Why?

On our 20 days cruise next year we don't drink hard liquor take maybe 3 tours which are included in SM. Maybe can be used in the spa I suppose. 

• Like 1

Just now, Acrusa said:

On our 20 days cruise next year we don't drink hard liquor take maybe 3 tours which are included in SM. Maybe can be used in the spa I suppose. 

Not  useless  unless you choose not to use it

Maybe a cooking  class  or a nice bottle of wine  (not included in SM)

gift shop purchases

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Not  useless  unless you choose not to use it

Maybe a cooking  class  or a nice bottle of wine  (not included in SM)

gift shop purchases

Well an O rep said he doesn't think there will be bottles of wine offered with the new SM

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

Well an O rep said he doesn't think there will be bottles of wine offered with the new SM

SM beverage package is the same as the old House Select which did not include bottles of wine or a discount off of bottles of wine but you can use your loyalty OBC to purchase a bottle of wine.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

For example, at the rather mediocre port Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, O had some beach time,

We were on this itinerary in Feb 2021.  At the last minute, I decided to back out of our beach break/snorkel in Puerto Plata.  I'm so glad I did.  Our friends went on a very rocky 45 min open air bus ride to the beach.  They said the transportation was horrific, the roads were horrible.  The water was cloudy and rocky and they hated every second of it.  

1 hour ago, Acrusa said:

We have an automatic $250.00 OBC because we are Silver. With SM it becomes useless. 

Exactly the way we feel.. With SM the Shipboard Credit from Loyalty Club useless. With SM yes you pay more and  basically get a shore excursion credit? Yes get a wifi and drink package, we don't drink so no gain for us previous wifi was just fine don't go on vacation for internet Service? Yes sure we can wonder around shops, ships services and spend money? (Not the best way to spend money) So if you were getting $250.00 $400.00 $500.00 What are you going to do with you it? Is it what it once was?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TIMONEY said:

Exactly the way we feel.. With SM the Shipboard Credit from Loyalty Club useless. With SM yes you pay more and  basically get a shore excursion credit? Yes get a wifi and drink package, we don't drink so no gain for us previous wifi was just fine don't go on vacation for internet Service? Yes sure we can wonder around shops, ships services and spend money? (Not the best way to spend money) So if you were getting $250.00 $400.00 $500.00 What are you going to do with you it? Is it what it once was?

We never used the loyalty shipboard credit for excursions so we will continue to use ours for cooking classes, nice bottle of wine with dinner and a few special gifts for family members,  Obviously this is a personal choice and, if you only used the loyalty credit for excursions, then your options are more limited.  I would look at using the loyalty OBC to book a special excursion that you would not normally have purchased due to cost.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TIMONEY said:

It might depend on how much your SM excursion credit  is  & how much the excursions you want cost   you can use the  Loyalty OBC to  book more excursions maybe  a higher value  than just what the O Life  ones were

We are not big drinkers  but have no trouble using the  O Club  OBC 

YMMV

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, basor said:

We never used the loyalty shipboard credit for excursions so we will continue to use ours for cooking classes, nice bottle of wine with dinner and a few special gifts for family members,  Obviously this is a personal choice and, if you only used the loyalty credit for excursions, then your options are more limited.  I would look at using the loyalty OBC to book a special excursion that you would not normally have purchased due to cost.

You are right it is a personal choice, but after 50plus cruises I find sometimes i don't need shore excursions to frequent visited ports. Just nice to get away. That's why having hard time paying for things we don't use, wish they would have told me I wasn't profitable? I would have left along time ago?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TIMONEY said:

You are right it is a personal choice, but after 50plus cruises I find sometimes i don't need shore excursions to frequent visited ports. Just nice to get away. That's why having hard time paying for things we don't use, wish they would have told me I wasn't profitable? I would have left along time ago?

Well I guess you had a wonderful 50 cruise ride…..

2 hours ago, TIMONEY said:

Buy your cabin steward or favorite waiters something nice, a necklace or cologne or shirt or or or. 
Plenty of possibilities to make some days and touch these hard working staff with your meh OBC. I’ve done it and it’s nice, I always have a plan for that OBC!

• Like 2

I had my chat with my Oceania agent today to determine if any of our five post-October cruises should and could be moved to SimplyMore.  The only one that is less expensive under SimplyMore has no other penthouses available so rebooking was not possible.  I am to let him know if I see a penthouse come available, he will be able to rebook us.  The savings would come to $474 CAD.  Not enough for another cruise.

19 minutes ago, WildWanderers said:

I had my chat with my Oceania agent today to determine if any of our five post-October cruises should and could be moved to SimplyMore.  The only one that is less expensive under SimplyMore has no other penthouses available so rebooking was not possible.  I am to let him know if I see a penthouse come available, he will be able to rebook us.  The savings would come to $474 CAD.  Not enough for another cruise.

Will they not reprice your cruise to the SM price ?

Some others seem to get the deal even with the  cabin category w/l

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

My TA wouldn't reprice it today.  He said 'let's see in 48 hrs'.  The final payment is due a day after that.  I assume it's because prices have changed and the mass email went out earlier today?

Though the website has same pricing showing so am not sure why it couldn't just be swapped over.  Perhaps the price is an error when in Cdn? I will call him tomorrow as a chat might work better than an email exchange.

36 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Seemingly not, even after checking and calling me back.  I have seen what others have said on this thread, but ... it is what it is.

3 hours ago, GeorginaSpica said:

My TA wouldn't reprice it today.  He said 'let's see in 48 hrs'.  The final payment is due a day after that.  I assume it's because prices have changed and the mass email went out earlier today?

Though the website has same pricing showing so am not sure why it couldn't just be swapped over.  Perhaps the price is an error when in Cdn? I will call him tomorrow as a chat might work better than an email exchange.

Tell  the TA to speak to a supervisor at O

See the posts in another thread  people are getting their booked cruises repriced to SM  no problem

9 hours ago, TIMONEY said:

I am truly not being snarky or anything, just curious. Pre SM, what would you have used it for that you cannot use it for now with SM?  

• Like 1

We are booked on the Marina in March 2025 for 18 nights in an A3 Concierge cabin. When we booked we chose the O Life Bev promo with no air as we will book our own air. With the new SM we could add the $1000 shore excursion credit and the price of our cabin is the same as when we booked back in February. From reading the press release and some comments here it looks like we will automatically get the new SM promo, is this true?  I will have my TA look into this just to be sure.

Edited by terrydtx

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are booked on the Marina in March 2025 for 18 nights in an A3 Concierge cabin. When we booked we chose the O Life Bev promo with no air as we will book our own air. We SM we could add the $1000 shore excursion credit and the price of our cabin is the same as when we booked back in February. From reading the press release and some comments here it looks like we will automatically get the new SM promo, is this true?  I will have my TA look into this just to be sure.

Not sure if they switch you automatically to SM

Best to contact your TA

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Not sure if they switch you automatically to SM

Best to contact your TA

We are a group of 6 in 3 cabins so this extra shore excursion credit is a big deal. My TA is out this week but I am sure she will find out next week.

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are a group of 6 in 3 cabins so this extra shore excursion credit is a big deal. My TA is out this week but I am sure she will find out next week.

I do not believe you have to make a choice  this week  so you have time

• Like 1