Moveup - Royal Suite perks

bcoleman76

This is the trip of a lifetime for my family and I am deliberating bidding to get a Royal Suite upgrade over our stateroom.

Are we going to be treated to the same perks and everything if we get upgraded to the Royal Suite?  I've read several posts and comments on this forum but still not quite sure I understand what comes with this and what does not.

Currently we have a veranda stateroom with the basic drink package and I believe internet.  We have booked a few excursions.

If our bid is accepted for the Royal Suite, will we be treated basically like we had booked that from the get go?  It seems like some things will not be included (premium drink package, excursion credit), but all the important stuff is (24/7 butler, being able to order or eat at all dining included, access to all the retreat stuff)?  

Edited to add: I did speak with someone yesterday on the phone (celebrity customer service) and they assured me we would get all the Royal Suite perks.  Then my wife called them last night and they said you didn't get all the perks.  I haven't been able to get connected to anyone on the phone today, so I'm kind of sweating this.  

To book this outright on the celebrity website for the Royal Suite plus land tour would be $6k+  ---- the upgrade bid is significantly lower and so we'd be getting this at around a 50% discount based on my very uneducated research. 

Edited by bcoleman76

Both times we moved up to the royal suite, we got the unlimited specialty dining, 2 bottles of liquor, access to the retreat and the other amenities that are listed as part of the 'royal suite' amenities. This was pre-covid. If these amenities are still listed under that suite category then you should get them.

• Like 3

You will have access to the Retreat & Luminae will be your dining room.  You will have a Butler (shared with other guests and they do not work 24/7, more like 7 am - 9 pm), unlimited specialty dining and laundry 2x per cruise and the bar set-up..   i believe with a RS move up you do the premium beverage and wi-fi but you do not get the OBC that would come if you booked the suite and  you will be charged the difference in the gratuities from the veranda to a suite.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/royal-suite

I've heard so many conflicting things. So I'll get all the things listed on the page above?  That is not quite what other people on here have written.  For example, the onboard credit.  

We did not get any additional onboard credit. We got the amount we had initially.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

Both times we moved up to the royal suite, we got the unlimited specialty dining, 2 bottles of liquor, access to the retreat and the other amenities that are listed as part of the 'royal suite' amenities. This was pre-covid. If these amenities are still listed under that suite category then you should get them.

Were you upgrading from different type of suite or from a stateroom?  

I actually finally got someone on the phone but they are currently double checking on the unlimited specialty dining thing for me.  They said I would NOT get the premium beverages - I will only carry over the basic drink package.  

• Like 1

Generally with move-up, you get everything that comes with your new cabin type except the Wi-Fi package, drink package, included gratuities, and promotional OBC (you keep what you had for those things). Plus you earn loyalty points at the rate of your initial booking. 

• Like 1

Doesn't matter what you are upgrading from if you win a RS or above you get what they call the all-in suite benefits detailed by @jelayne above which includes Premium Bev and Wifi but not the OBC or gratuities.   If you had gratuities included in your original booking then you will be charged the difference between that amount and the suite gratuities.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Generally with move-up, you get everything that comes with your new cabin type except the Wi-Fi package, drink package, included gratuities, and promotional OBC (you keep what you had for those things). Plus you earn loyalty points at the rate of your initial booking. 

Yes but RS and above are different as Premium Bev Package and Wifi ARE included in the stateroom amenities along with specialty dining, bar setup, laundry......

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/royal-suite

I've heard so many conflicting things. So I'll get all the things listed on the page above?  That is not quite what other people on here have written.  For example, the onboard credit.  

On that page the section about amenities are the things that everyone gets with a Royal suite no matter whether they book it outright or MoveUp. The paragraph about added “perks” relate to your initial booking. You will not get those unless they were part of your initial booking. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

Were you upgrading from different type of suite or from a stateroom?  

I actually finally got someone on the phone but they are currently double checking on the unlimited specialty dining thing for me.  They said I would NOT get the premium beverages - I will only carry over the basic drink package.  

We upgraded from a sky suite. We already had the premium beverages and retreat but received the unlimited specialty dining, etc. 

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
clarification
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, prmssk said:

This is what I was just told on the phone.  They even put me on hold again and went and asked a supervisor to make sure.   AFter 3 hours on hold!  

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes but RS and above are different as Premium Bev Package and Wifi ARE included in the stateroom amenities along with specialty dining, bar setup, laundry......

This is what was so confusing. The website says these things are included in the Royal Suite amenities and then on the phone they tell me I will not get them.  It's strange.  

I wonder if I do end up winning the bid if once I get in I can convince them to give me the premium drinks since I'm in the RS?😀

From the link earlier, these are the suite amenities that you will get:

image.png.889d09fa4da2f390fd699c98daca5b01.png

These are the AI inclusions that you would get if you had booked the Retreat in the first place, but you do not get if it is a 'move up':

image.png.b9211d756b161878b9fde915694e2dfa.png

If you are drinking in the retreat lounge you will still get whatever they are serving, it is only elsewhere on the ship that you will still just have the Classic beverage package.

... and yes, you will get billed for the difference in the gratuities for your original cabin and the RS.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 2

We did a move up shortly after Covid to a penthouse from sky suite, we got everything WiFi, drink package, free specialty restaurants, two liters of our choice for liquor , I not sure If move up below royal would get the drink package, but royal does .love Royal suites , not penthouse but same perks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

This is what was so confusing. The website says these things are included in the Royal Suite amenities and then on the phone they tell me I will not get them.  It's strange.  

I wonder if I do end up winning the bid if once I get in I can convince them to give me the premium drinks since I'm in the RS?😀

Celebrity phone reps and even their supervisors can't be relied on for this type of information.   I believe if you read the description in the Royal Suite MoveUp description it explicitly states that you will get Premium Bev package and Premium Wifi.    Others on here have explained their personal experience which indicates they will be included.

There have been thread in the past on this topic.  One of them included a screen shot of the RS MoveUp Description.

16 minutes ago, George C said:

We did a move up shortly after Covid to a penthouse from sky suite, we got everything WiFi, drink package, free specialty restaurants, two liters of our choice for liquor , I not sure If move up below royal would get the drink package, but royal does .love Royal suites , not penthouse but same perks.

But I believe you already had the premium beverage and wifi with your Sky Suite, that is why you still got it with the Penthouse.  If they only have the classic beverage then that is all they get with move up even to a Royal.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Celebrity phone reps and even their supervisors can't be relied on for this type of information.   I believe if you read the description in the Royal Suite MoveUp description it explicitly states that you will get Premium Bev package and Premium Wifi.    Others on here have explained their personal experience which indicates they will be included.

There have been thread in the past on this topic.  One of them included a screen shot of the RS MoveUp Description.

Where is the screen shot of the RS Moveup description?  I am only seeing links to what the Retreat includes.

1 hour ago, bcoleman76 said:

This is the trip of a lifetime for my family and I am deliberating bidding to get a Royal Suite upgrade over our stateroom.

Do a mock booking of the cruise to see what is actually available because with Move Up, you can bid on any cabin they allow despite the fact the cruise may not have that cabin available. There are plenty of last minute cancellations still so even if it's not listed as available, one may come open later. You may then want to bid accordingly for that cabin because there will be some competition. Is the "family" all staying in the same cabin? If not, you will have issues dining with the others (in Luminae) if they are not in the Retreat.

20 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

But I believe you already had the premium beverage and wifi with your Sky Suite, that is why you still got it with the Penthouse.  If they only have the classic beverage then that is all they get with move up even to a Royal.

They sometimes sell suites without drink package, but I did have premium package. I book charters on celebrity and on those if you book, sky suite you don’t get drink package with royal you do.

3 minutes ago, George C said:

They sometimes sell suites without drink package, but I did have premium package. I book charters on celebrity and on those if you book, sky suite you don’t get drink package with royal you do.

If you look at my last post you will see even if you book with a special fare which is what I assume to be no perks or a Move up they do state the 4 perks are not then included.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

The link below is for ALL Retreat benefits, I think the little added disclaimer is missing from the Royal Suite page.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

image.png.52058f9d104ff2711cea55206cf9e520.png

Yep, this is the clarification I got.  I'm sure it's possible some people have been upgraded and gotten it for some reason, maybe due to error. But this seems to be the official stance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

The link below is for ALL Retreat benefits, I think the little added disclaimer is missing from the Royal Suite page.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

image.png.52058f9d104ff2711cea55206cf9e520.png

The ones I pulled up include that on the Royal Suite.  One note is you also owe the increased gratuities on the RS over what you had on the veranda