Where's the beef? I am not seeing Simply More pricing.

Nashna

1 minute ago, cluso said:

Why does all that matter?  Their fare went up $2,000 in the new program.  They are happy staying with the old program.

They booked awhile ago and cruise only so the increase will be more than someone that booked at the sane time with OLife.......

37 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

I have to say it appears a rather clumsy rollout with regard to the website. 

1). Stop with the FREE, just say INCLUDED.

2). From all we have heard the drink package is only for lunch and dinner.  The website does not mention that part anywhere.  I’ve looked several places where that could be clarified and can’t see it anywhere that they speak of the wine, etc.  Whereas we may be aware of that based upon notes from the TA…many would not have a clue. Seems very deceitful, UNLESS I have missed the further explanation somewhere else on their website. If so, would appreciate if someone could point it out. 

The web site does mention lunch and dinner only.  There is also a link to their Terms and Conditions. Bottom left of first web page "Read More".

Edited by cluso

4 minutes ago, cluso said:

Why does all that matter?  Their fare went up $2,000 in the new program.  They are happy staying with the old program.

It matters to make a fair comparison and get an idea how much fares went up per day in each category.

My fare went up by $1,100 CAD for a 10 nights cruise I booked a year ago. But prices already went up by $550 during the year before the switch to Simply More, so Simply More added $550 per person.

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

It matters to make a fair comparison and get an idea how much fares went up per day in each category.

My fare went up by $1,100 CAD for a 10 nights cruise I booked a year ago. But prices already went up by $550 during the year before the switch to Simply More, so Simply More added $550 per person.

I understand why people "look back".  But starting today Simply More is in effect no matter how you crunch the numbers.  The price is the price.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cluso said:

The web site does mention lunch and dinner only.  There is also a link to their Terms and Conditions.

Thanks, there I see it buried deep in T&C link. I see it just refers to the House Select program. Again, some of us have cruised Oceania before and understand what that means, how about just be specific and state during lunch and dinner there?? Doesn’t impact me as I know, but to not even make that point until the terms….it’s FREE!!! Tell everyone where you are talking about the FREE items. Just my very humble opinion. And yes I will most likely continue cruising with Oceania. 

Just priced our current booking under the new program.
Our Vista A2, without air, went up $100 PP. 

The reservation was made 10 months ago. 10 night sailing. 
As I am not interested in the excursion credit & not interested in a drinks package that only gives us wine at lunch and dinner, I am sticking with the olife promo. At least it included 600 OBC to use on anything. Some of which I already used to pay for the gratuities. 
Unless we become enamored with the Vista, this second cruise with Oceania will probably be our last unless they return to an olife type promo. 

1 hour ago, EJL2023 said:

I have to say it appears a rather clumsy rollout with regard to the website. 

1). Stop with the FREE, just say INCLUDED.

2). From all we have heard the drink package is only for lunch and dinner.  The website does not mention that part anywhere.  I’ve looked several places where that could be clarified and can’t see it anywhere that they speak of the wine, etc.  Whereas we may be aware of that based upon notes from the TA…many would not have a clue. Seems very deceitful, UNLESS I have missed the further explanation somewhere else on their website. If so, would appreciate if someone could point it out. 

Well they have not changed the  2 for 1  marketing in 20 yrs  so do not hold your breath on removing the "FREE"  anything

Read the terms & conditions  it does mention it is the house select  beverage deal

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

55 minutes ago, cluso said:

I understand why people "look back".  But starting today Simply More is in effect no matter how you crunch the numbers.  The price is the price.

Only for new bookings  & those that wish to upgrade to the  Simply More  deal

Those of us that are happy with the old deal  that we already have booked can stick with that

53 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

I booked four days ago, price went up 2k as of today for unwanted excursions or meal booze and we did get Olife of $800 for the cabin when we booked.

It isn’t a per day comparison for us, its a whole trip cost of 2k more for the same thing (although not really because we have $800 Olife to spend vs ‘excursion’ credit) and we wouldn’t have booked it because there ARE other cruiselines we love and value and not named Viking.
We will continue to love Oceania, maybe from afar after our two, time will tell. 
Until then, happy for this weeks earlier booking!

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Well they have not changed the  2 for 1  marketing in 20 yrs  so do not hold your breath on removing the "FREE"  anything

Read the terms & conditions  it does mention it is the house select  beverage deal

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

Agree on them changing. But with this change they seem to be aligning their pricing and inclusives to the more luxury liners and I don’t think any of them refer to the included items as free. And yes on the wine issue, someone above pointed that out. Thanks. 

The cruise I have booked for 2024 increased $400 per person.  For reference, this is an 11-day cruise on Nautica in a PH2.  All cabin categories are showing to be available. If I change to Simply More, I will take advantage of the wine with lunch and dinner and get my money's worth on that.  Additionally I'll get a $400 credit on shore excursions. Seems like a pretty good deal for me however I understand the disappointment of those who don't drink or take the ship's shore excursions. 

As was mentioned, the increase in price is going to be related to the demand of the particular cruise.  What I don't like about the marketing of Simply More is the use of the word "free".  It's deceptive because we all know that nothing is "free". 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Just go on the O website and make a booking using the same stateroom category and put in if you want air or not.  It will give you Simply More pricing. 

Unfortunately not all cruises are showing. I have a booked cruise in November 2024 and does not even show up…..

5 minutes ago, Nashna said:

That is weird.  Is the sailing not showing or is it the Simply More fare?

The sailing does not show.  Obviously they are having issue with the system.  It states 23 cruises to view on 3 pages…..but when you click to go to pages 2 or 3 it just brings up what was already showing on page 1.  Again, so far out no biggie, was just curious but there is plenty of time for the dust to settle and get the website working properly across the board. Just real spotty at this point. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Just checked few sailings that I recorded before and after. All prices are in CAD

Vista May 1 2024 B5 $4,999 $5,549 $550 increase

Vista Sep 3 2024 B5 $4,999 $5,549 $550 increase

Marina Nov 5 2024 C $3,445 $3,999 $550 increase

Riviera Nov 14 2024 G $2,349 $2,849 $500 increase

But the website looks very buggy, search doesn't work well.

Based on those prices, looks like in lower categories the increase is around $400 USD per person for 10 day cruises.

I believe it's important to compare to the prices yesterday, not to what people paid a year or 2 years ago.

I would amend this to say, "I believe it's important to compare to the prices yesterday, ..." WITHOUT A SALE. Comparing to the Extraordinary Sale price or the Upgrade sale price is not informative to the general public. For example, I booked a $3000 cruise for $2000 during the Extraordinary Sale (cruise-only, no OLife or air); it should not shock anyone that the price increase by at least $1000. What IS interesting (at least to me) is that it increased by $1000 plus $400 which is equal to the amount of SimplyMore shorex-OBC.

So, if someone's fare has increased more than the shorex-OBC, it is likely because the previous fare was a sale fare. It would be helpful if people would indicate that their paid fare was a sale fare.

I compared all of the 2024 Alaska and CA fares today with the catalog NON-sale fares that expired yesterday. The cruise-only fares all increased exactly the amount of SimpleMore shorex-OBC. The airfare-included fare increased mostly by $100 (although 1 had a $200 increase).

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EJL2023 said:

Unfortunately not all cruises are showing. I have a booked cruise in November 2024 and does not even show up…..

It is the weekend  & they are still updating  the site

Are you planning on booking  today  or upgrading today

if not step away from the computer & check tomorrow or Monday

• Haha 1

Is anyone else hearing the screaming???

😲

Must be all the travel agents  across  the Country  screaming into their pillow from all the  calls  they are getting

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

It is the weekend  & they are still updating  the site

Are you planning on booking  today  or upgrading today

if not step away from the computer & check tomorrow or Monday

Agree and I noted back that it was no biggie.  I was simply responding to a specific question I was asked.  I’m good. 

5 hours ago, cluso said:

Actually, that is the simple reality for anything you buy anywhere.  Price is X on Monday and on Wednesday it is X+. 

6 hours ago, basor said:

They booked awhile ago and cruise only so the increase will be more than someone that booked at the sane time with OLife.......

Not quite, I booked four days ago with the only ‘cruise only’ option available so $800 Olife OBC and SM price is now 2200 more. It really doesn’t matter about the price per day for us, it was the total cruise cost and 2k more would’ve prevented our booking. That’s all. A simple 2k more makes it not desirable, no per day crunch of numbers needed to feel good about stuff we don’t want.

Bottom line, we’re good for our two booked and we’ll see what happens, lots of nice ships in the sea.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vtgumby said:

Not quite, I booked four days ago with the only ‘cruise only’ option available so $800 Olife OBC and SM price is now 2200 more. It really doesn’t matter about the price per day for us, it was the total cruise cost and 2k more would’ve prevented our booking. That’s all. A simple 2k more makes it not desirable, no per day crunch of numbers needed to feel good about stuff we don’t want.

Bottom line, we’re good for our two booked and we’ll see what happens, lots of nice ships in the sea.

Just out of curiosity, if you consider the new prices too high, which "nice ships" would you consider for future sailings? As non drinkers, we are running out of options if we don't want to pay for "stuff we don’t want". Viking already included drinks and excursions, and their prices were higher than O.