Coco Cay weather late February?

We did our first cruise to Coco Cay last August and loved it! Loved it! But man oh man was it freaking hot. We thought let's try it in winter to see the difference, plus I always wanted to sail south out of NJ in the dead of winter so we are booked on Anthem from late February. I think we will be at Coco Cay February 28th. What should we expect as far as weather goes, temps and ocean temps? Overall what should we expect? Thanks. 

We have sailed November thru March on Anthem many times. 

Expect 1st day at sea to still be chilly in the morning but may warm up enough to be poolside by afternoon.

CocoCay should be high 70s/low 80s.   Ocean temp may be low 70s.   We love escaping the winters in PA.   Hopefully you will enjoy it too!

Definitely a lot nicer than the heat and humidity of July and August.   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

We did our first cruise to Coco Cay last August and loved it! Loved it! But man oh man was it freaking hot. We thought let's try it in winter to see the difference, plus I always wanted to sail south out of NJ in the dead of winter so we are booked on Anthem from late February. I think we will be at Coco Cay February 28th. What should we expect as far as weather goes, temps and ocean temps? Overall what should we expect? Thanks. 

Expect decent air temperatures, could be in the 80's if you are lucky.  Water temperatures were too cold for the southerners but not too bad for us.  The temperature in the pool was cold though, so we usually just take a quick lap around the pool and go back to the ocean to warm up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have sailed November thru March on Anthem many times. 

Expect 1st day at sea to still be chilly in the morning but may warm up enough to be poolside by afternoon.

CocoCay should be high 70s/low 80s.   Ocean temp may be low 70s.   We love escaping the winters in PA.   Hopefully you will enjoy it too!

Definitely a lot nicer than the heat and humidity of July and August.   

Oh wow very nice. Those numbers all seem good to us. It'll be nice to like you says escape the cold NJ winter for a week. Anthem is our favorite ship too. Sad she is leaving us and Odyssey is coming. I mean I'm Odyssey is awesome too and will try her for sure. Pools will be ok and splash park water temp wise? Thanks again. 

10 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I’d take late February over July/August in Coco Cay any day, but I’m from the northeast so anything over 70 is pool or beach weather for me😎

Us too, right from NJ where we sail from. 👍

• Like 1

I have been to Coco Cay the last two Februarys. The weather is usually beautiful that time of year, but the water is too cold at the water park, the oasis pool and the ocean. Keep in mind I live in Florida, so what I consider cold water might be different from someone up North. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have been to Coco Cay the last two Februarys. The weather is usually beautiful that time of year, but the water is too cold at the water park, the oasis pool and the ocean. Keep in mind I live in Florida, so what I consider cold water might be different from someone up North. 

Oh wow interesting. I know our son care about the water temp but we might. We are from the north so we might think it's perfect or even warm. 🤣