Summit current cruisers please....

SPacificbound

It's been 6 years since we have been on a cruise, or any type of vacation. We will be B2B on Summit in a few weeks. We have been so looking forward to this trip, and these cruises, but all the negatives I've been seeing about X has me wondering.  (MDR not a problem because we don't dine there.) 

If someone currently on Summit would share what they are seeing and experiencing, I will appreciate your notes. Condition, cleanliness, service, entertainment?

Thank you.

Edited by SPacificbound
content

I will be embarking on Summit on July 9th. I will likely post at least a mini-review on return.

I have been reading negative comments on here about Celebrity going down hill since 2008. Thus far I have not found such complaints to match my own experiences.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, conquesodor said:

I will be embarking on Summit on July 9th. I will likely post at least a mini-review on return.

I have been reading negative comments on here about Celebrity going down hill since 2008. Thus far I have not found such complaints to match my own experiences.

I'll be getting on when you get off on the 16th! 🙂 Have a great cruise!!

10 hours ago, conquesodor said:

I look forward to reading your mini-review. 

• Like 1

Our experience doesn’t fall within your requirements but we disembarked in May.  

The ship was in excellent condition, the crew and service anywhere in the ship was very good.  We did a B2B and dined in the MDR, Blu and Luminae and, the food and service were very good but I have to say Blu stood out over Luminae. 

We didn’t go to any of the shows in the theater but the entertainment in the other venues was great.  One of our favorite sailings from the perspective of a on board experience.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SPacificbound said:

Thank you so much!! It is so nice to hear a from a recent and satisfied response!!

Even though I didn’t meet your criteria for replying.

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jelayne said:

Even though I didn’t meet your criteria for replying.

Enjoy your cruise

Fantastic feedback none-the-less, so thanks from another future Summit cruiser.

• Like 1

@SPacificbound My DH and I were on the Summit in June.

My comments would be very similar to what @jelayne has posted. We found the staff and crew to be excellent and the ship was in very good condition.

We had dinner in Blu , with fine service.

The menu left me with few choices, but I managed. But, food can be subjective-we all have likes and dislikes.

The only caveat that I will put out is that I tested positive for Covid. when we got home a day and a half after the cruise.

I had tummy issues on the fourth day of the cruise which I thought may have been Noro .

Speaking with the family Dr when we returned home, stomach issues are a symptom of Covid and, apparently , are becoming more common.

Not being a Debbie Downer-just giving you a heads up. The virus is still among us.

MJ

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jelayne said:

Our experience doesn’t fall within your requirements but we disembarked in May.  

The ship was in excellent condition, the crew and service anywhere in the ship was very good.  We did a B2B and dined in the MDR, Blu and Luminae and, the food and service were very good but I have to say Blu stood out over Luminae. 

We didn’t go to any of the shows in the theater but the entertainment in the other venues was great.  One of our favorite sailings from the perspective of a on board experience.

Since we will be cruising on the Summit next month, what is it about the Blu that stood out over Luminae?

I will look for some of your posts from that time frame, I do not know how I missed it.

We are departing from Iceland on August 15.

Thanks

My sister and I were on Summit early May, and this was one of our best cruises. Facilities and staff outstanding. Elite Breakfast in Tuscan was fantastic, food in MDR was a huge improvement since our last Summit cruise prior to Covid. The cabin was clean and comfortable. We did see a little rust on our Sunset corner balcony, but that was the extent of any signs of aging. 

• Like 3

We were on Summit in June - boarding with some trepidation based on the many negative comments on these boards, compounded by knowing it is X’s oldest ship.  We were blown away - the ship was in great shape, our aft Aqua class cabin was perfect, Blu outdid themselves twice a day -making us regret our 2 visits to Tuscan, and above all - the crew is absolutely on fire to serve.  It ranks among our best cruises ever.  Our most recent prior cruise was in a Grand Suite on Anthem (a favorite) with Coastal Kitchen for dining, and was remarkably lackluster compared to our Summit experience.  X is back with a passion. 

You’ll have no regrets on your choice - Enjoy!

• Like 7

We did summit in March I thought Luminae was hit or miss , also had a terrible chicken parmigiana in Tuscan , loved Le Petit Chef had dinner there twice and several lunches in sushi at 5 which were excellent, ship was in great shape , did have issue with getting hot water for morning shower and we were in royal suite , wouldn’t be surprised if same thing happens next year since we have same royal suite.

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Millennium is oldest, then Infinity, then Summit. 

Humble apologies - should have properly stated it was the oldest X ship we have cruised on but in my efforts at brevity I regrettably misspoke.  Hopefully the outstanding Summit crew wasn’t equally offended.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Since we will be cruising on the Summit next month, what is it about the Blu that stood out over Luminae?

I will look for some of your posts from that time frame, I do not know how I missed it.

We are departing from Iceland on August 15.

Thanks

The service was excellent and the sommelier offered us a Pinot Noir that I couldn't get in Luminae.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aggravation said:

Humble apologies - should have properly stated it was the oldest X ship we have cruised on but in my efforts at brevity I regrettably misspoke.  Hopefully the outstanding Summit crew wasn’t equally offended.

I wasn't offended by it.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The service was excellent and the sommelier offered us a Pinot Noir that I couldn't get in Luminae.

Was Nandha the Blu Sommelier? We had him on Summit last year, and I know he is back onboard now. He is magnificent! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Was Nandha the Blu Sommelier? We had him on Summit last year, and I know he is back onboard now. He is magnificent! 

Ida was the Blu Sommelier and we found her to be excellent.  Very engaging and knowledgeable,  she guided our party of 4 through more different wines in a week than we have ever tried before.  Her enthusiasm is contagious.  

• Like 2

We have sailed on the Summit 11 times (6 since it was refurbished) and although it is an older small ship, compared to S and E Class, with less “wow” factor, we have always had some of the best service and friendly crew experiences on her. Definitely a more intimate sailing experience. Blu on Summit is always spectacular and if the ship lacks anything, it is the Retreat area compared to the E Class in particular. You will have a great time! Enjoy!

• Like 2

We just got off the Summit this morning. It was a good cruise. Service was really good. Cabins are very nice. Food was good and entertainment was good too. The only problem was the pool on sea days. Is was so crowded we couldn’t get a lounge anywhere on the pool deck or in the solarium. Very crowded. Other than that it was a really good cruise. You should have a great time. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cruiseforus said:

Is was so crowded we couldn’t get a lounge anywhere on the pool deck or in the solarium. Very crowded.

Curious - was it butts in every chair or was it the people reserving sun and shade chairs for their party? (I've got a wake-view AQ cabin, so I'll have that veranda to chill on, just wondering if it was actual usage of chairs or people double reserving.)