Australian COVID test requirement

wendyp247

I just got a welcome from Princess. I see a Covid test is required prior to boarding it talks about self test but doesn’t mention a monitored self test   Anyone know about COVID testing requirements? Thanks 

• Like 1

Unless it has changed, which is not likely, when we boarded Grand Princess in Adelaide in January, with a COVID test required, a self monitored test was fine.  We photographed the negative tests along with our passports and a time stamp and they were acceptable when we boarded. 

• Thanks 1

It's not Australia that is requiring the tests - it's Princess. Same for New Zealand. Both Australia and New Zealand dropped their test requirement but Princess is hanging on and dragging things out.

21 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It's not Australia that is requiring the tests - it's Princess. Same for New Zealand. Both Australia and New Zealand dropped their test requirement but Princess is hanging on and dragging things out.

What?????

Are they testing for the annual flu virus and coronavirus as well?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Parts of Australia are requiring the tests and the cruise lines are complying.  This was posted yesterday on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board:

image.png.3a4584d19c9f62d0327943b1cb9a843f.png

• Thanks 2

RCI requires pre testing as well, at least they did in Jan of this year...can't imagine its changed...so it's definitely the Australian Government and the states that are requiring it...not Princess. 

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

See below link. Australia doesn't require testing to visit, but for cruise guests, they do 🙂

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules/cruise-factsheet

You have to click the part for cruise passengers and skim down to find it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sigh... I guess it doesn't really matter who wants the test. It's just one more hassle. It would be my luck to spend a buttload of money on flights and hotel only to have a defective test kit with a false positive. I'll have to be sure to have multiple kits available. I've tested a lot of times and have never shown positive but...

Double vaccinated and triple boostered. One would think I've done my bit.

Edited by Thrak

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... I guess it doesn't really matter who wants the test. It's just one more hassle. It would be my luck to spend a buttload of money on flights and hotel only to have a defective test kit with a false positive. I'll have to be sure to have multiple kits available. I've tested a lot of times and have never shown positive but...

Exactly!!! That is why we cancelled our Trans Pacific for this last March! Testing before we boarded was ridiculous after a very long flight!  Forget that!

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

No.  It’s state Govt regulations.  Not Princess.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Save some of your old negative test results and use them.

My second cruise after the restart I accidently pulled up the test results from an earlier cruise, showed it to the shoreside staff and was waved on through. Only when I put my phone away did I realize what I had shown. They didn't even notice that the test was over 30 days old.  

At this point in the pandemic, requiring testing is more about political theater than public health - otherwise they would be testing for norovirus and the annual flu.

17 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Save some of your old negative test results and use them.

My second cruise after the restart I accidently pulled up the test results from an earlier cruise, showed it to the shoreside staff and was waved on through. Only when I put my phone away did I realize what I had shown. They didn't even notice that the test was over 30 days old.  

At this point in the pandemic, requiring testing is more about political theater than public health - otherwise they would be testing for norovirus and the annual flu.

I wouldn't be so sure of that with Australia and New Zealand. Watch "To Catch A Smuggler: South Pacific" . They deeply care about their environment, agriculture, health, culture, immigration laws and many other things that I'm probably forgetting. I have absolute respect for how they handle their borders in ALL aspects.

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 4