Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

56 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

I was there Royal was using it's own Ship Tenders, was a Disney Ship and a smaller Princess Ship

We've experienced both....no problems.

20 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Surprisingly Navigator doesn’t appear to be doing any Hawaiian cruises. 

Probably keeping there fuel burn down.

2 ships just idling down to Mexico and hooking up to shore power with bring their emissions down.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kj_connections said:

Interesting..there's going to be an MSC ship in LA too starting in October 2025

They’re bringing the Bellissima out here. If RCI keeps two ships out here the west coast is going to get competitive. Carnival will finally have some competition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruising89143 said:

They’re bringing the Bellissima out here. If RCI keeps two ships out here the west coast is going to get competitive. Carnival will finally have some competition. 

How will ground transport and hotels keep up.

11 hours ago, mil76 said:

From the site posted above, it does show that Quantum will be stopping in Cabo, which from my experience is the slower tender port.  Catalina is the other tender port, but they have much bigger tender boats so it seems to go quicker.

This may be a silly question, but people pay cruise fare to have Catalina island as a cruise port? I like Catalina Island, but I thought it was easy to get to and cheaper to get to than as a cruise port. But, I guess thats like people paying to have Port Canaveral as a port stop on some cruises. 

4 hours ago, blueslily said:

This may be a silly question, but people pay cruise fare to have Catalina island as a cruise port? I like Catalina Island, but I thought it was easy to get to and cheaper to get to than as a cruise port. But, I guess thats like people paying to have Port Canaveral as a port stop on some cruises. 

At least it is an island.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, springaussie said:

Ovation is booked into Hong Kong 15 October 2025. 

Could it be on the way to SG for the new season? Do you see any repeat port bookings in HK or any indication of next port of call?

23 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Could it be on the way to SG for the new season? Do you see any repeat port bookings in HK or any indication of next port of call?

I bet Anthem is staying in the western hemisphere and not going to Asia - they will cancel her TP .....

Just now, cruiseboy89130 said:

Anthem is stuck in the Med but was supposed to go to SG in October.....and on to Alaska....

That is not going to happen IMHO

They are likely to reroute in that case. And that's an issue for this year's deployment. Things are unlikely to be extended to next year's deployment season. I don't see them giving up on APAC just cause of the red sea. If they can continue to send ships to Australia, they can send them to Asia still, just a change of sailings and timing.

1 minute ago, Ethanol95 said:

They are likely to reroute in that case. And that's an issue for this year's deployment. Things are unlikely to be extended to next year's deployment season. I don't see them giving up on APAC just cause of the red sea. If they can continue to send ships to Australia, they can send them to Asia still, just a change of sailings and timing.

I think they have too many ships in Asia.....China is not buying vacations as expected!

Just now, cruiseboy89130 said:

I think they have too many ships in Asia.....China is not buying vacations as expected!

Huh? There is not even a single royal ship serving China yet since covid. What are you talking about? lol

1 hour ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I bet Anthem is staying in the western hemisphere and not going to Asia - they will cancel her TP .....

When so they leave for Asia and in the case of redeployment when do you assume that decision will

be made.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:57 PM, blueslily said:

A round trip ferry ride to Catalina is about $90.  Factor in the food and lodging a cruise provides, and it’s not too bad a deal if they’re throwing in Ensenada.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 7:57 PM, blueslily said:

People in SoCal don't go over to Catalina as much as you would think.  The town is very small and has limited accommodations that are very expensive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

In my opinion, it will be the following for Winter 25/26:

Asia - Ovation

Australia - Anthem & Voyager

LA - Quantum and Navigator

A few months back, Anthem’s Captain said it had been planned for a while that she would do: Asia, then Alaska, then Australia. Ovation has no TP or Aus bookings yet, so fair to assume that she will remain in Asia, after taking over from Anthem (April/May 2025). Quantum and Navigator have bookings in LA, and Voyager has bookings in Brisbane.