Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with these LA itineraries on Quantum... Cabo and Ensenada.  I don't even get off the ship anymore in Ensenada.  I was hoping for a some California coastal cruises or a Hawaii or just anything but what they offered.  

I feel like the kid who just opened all his presents on Christmas morning and all he got was clothes! 😞 

In Royal’s eyes… at least you got clothes, not just socks! 😂

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jasong38501 said:

So I am a bit late to the game of watching this, but are we thinking Wonder will come down to Miami for the short cruises when Star gets to Canaveral? That would fit with the Freedom schedule above.

No info on Wonder just yet. I suspect that her deployment may be held back a little though due to the Star delay announced today. She will likely have to remain on 7-Night’s in PC a bit longer than initially expected, before Star takes over at the end of August.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I am disappointed too in the lack of different routes being offered by royal. I have the 2nd half of 2025 open and was hoping for something after I get moved. Right now I'm too busy. Panama  Bermuda...Jewel used to do 11 days out of Tampa. I just dont see anything interesting. I assume short and sweet to save fuel costs. Getting royal cruises so they cost royal less to do. Cost cutting. Just same ole over and over. I hoped to move and have more choices. Wouldnt be with royal. 

Can see it, have done 50+ Cruises out of and to/from Florida of 10-16 nites, top Speed 21-23 multiple days. Longer Sailings with few Families, mostly Solo and Couples, high cost Fuel not as much Profit compared to Larger Ships. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

No info on Wonder just yet. I suspect that her deployment may be held back a little though due to the Star delay announced today. She will likely have to remain on 7-Night’s in PC a bit longer than initially expected, before Star takes over at the end of August.

Looks like at the moment she stays in PCN until the end of August.  She is staying on 7 night, finishing with a 6 night to land near the end of August, then has a one night deadhead repo before starting with a 5 night to get her lined up for a Friday-Monday-Friday 3/4 schedule.  

Subject to change.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I am disappointed too in the lack of different routes being offered by royal. I have the 2nd half of 2025 open and was hoping for something after I get moved. Right now I'm too busy. Panama  Bermuda...Jewel used to do 11 days out of Tampa. I just dont see anything interesting. I assume short and sweet to save fuel costs. Getting royal cruises so they cost royal less to do. Cost cutting. Just same ole over and over. I hoped to move and have more choices. Wouldnt be with royal. 

Keep in mind that all shipping is under global pressure to slow down.  The days of high speeds legs reach a far flung port are being reduced in name of reduced emissions.  Not all forms of shipping are playing ball but there is mounting pressure to do so and cruise lines are under more pressure due to the social media focus on cruise ships while most other forms of shipping sail well outside the limelight.  

This is playing a factor in route planning.  

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

We are also disappointed with the lack of longer cruises, newer ships and unusual destinations in Europe.

Couldn’t find anything of any value over the next couple of years, so have booked a couple with Celebrity instead.

It’s like Royal are completely giving up and abandoning the European market, especially ex-UK and Northern Europe.

Even when they have the opportunity to do something good, such as longer cruises on Quantum out of LA, they do the opposite and offer virtually the same short itineraries but just on two different ships. I see 2 ships being a ‘one season wonder’ to be honest.

It looks as though RCI is moving to shorter cruises and trying to push those wanting longer itineraries to Celebrity. I looked at the QN cruises out of LA. Looks like they drawn up or planned by a third grader. No imagination at all. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I’m found this a fortnight ago elsewhere on the web. 
image.thumb.png.82ce6c033add3ef406c8db6d13f99744.png

I suspect they may have modified plans for Wonder, at least once she switches to 3/4.

It looks like Utopia stays in PCN doing 3/4 on Mondays and Fridays which will occupy terminal one.  I don't see Wonder doing the same Mondays and Fridays from PCN beyond August especially with evidence that Utopia will be.  

Looks like Wonder goes to Miami in September of 2025.

But it's all speculation and subject to change. 

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Aaron3 said:

Unfortunately the LA 1st and 15th April 6 night doesn't quite work for us (uk school holidays) so looks like we'll be doing the 4 night to catalina and ensenada and the 5 night overnight to cabo switching between navigator and quantum 

With them hitting the site overnight, I'm happy to see the pdf brochure missing a 7 night on navigator during Easter school holidays, so looks like a b2b for us 😀 

• Like 1

Winter 2025/26 rom Tampa there are 3 Vision class ships - Grandeur, Enchantment and Rhapsody and all are doing the Rotatan, Belize, and Costa Maya/Cozumel Route.  I was hoping to revisit Key West again but that isn't looking like RCI will be offering there.

Also based on selecting Dec 2025 - Apr 2026 the following ships are still missing - Anthem, Ovation, Radiance, Serenade and Voyager.

image.thumb.png.4e2cec6aba402a691ff7f1aba590e120.png

Very disappointed that the only sailings longer than 8 nights out of either Miami or Fort Lauderdale is a single holiday sailing on Freedom. ☹️ 

I guess all I can do now is keep everything crossed that either Serenade or Radiance will fill that gap.

• Like 2