Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

13 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Very true. However as a solo I cant afford Celebrity! 

Celebrity often has better rates for solo travellers than Royal and they have single edge veranda rooms on Edge class ships. Look e.g. into Ascent in June 2025.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Celebrity often has better rates for solo travellers than Royal and they have single edge veranda rooms on Edge class ships. Look e.g. into Ascent in June 2025.

Was there day Edge got to Port Everglades for first time. Only second time I'd seen Tugs Blasting water hoses for it's Welcome as Edge spun around while I was on a Royal Ship doing a B2B on turn around day... Watch but for my Cruises Celeb at times comes close(smaller Ships) but Royal SOLO 340+ is usually better. Now with no longer Repo or Carib Sailings offered on Radiance Class not much to compare. Wont do Larger Ships on either Line but with new Rates on Royal can only imagine Celeb offering lower $$$ and Royals Higher $$$ it would have them beat...

Edited by ONECRUISER

It seems like now on X when you see a reduced solo rate it means they are desperate to fill the ship.   That and it's unbundled fares only, no AI fares for solo at reduced rates.

If you check out the Blog there is an article "Five moves Royal Caribbean is making to overhaul its weekend cruise business for the future"

Basically it is confirming what this thread has been saying for months - focusing on new cruisers, shorter 3-5 night cruises and abandoning the longer cruises in favour of chasing the new cruisers money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I have never seen a less expensive price on Celebrity for a solo than using my single supplement on Royal.

I would love to try Celebrity. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I thought Ovation might start something new in Tokyo but it appears she is heading to China in 2025 after her dry dock in Singapore.

image.jpeg.201061feebd790f4c71529b84c38ff26.jpeg

The 10 year dry dock isn’t due until April 2026. 

Sorry if it's a newbie question... But why release one itinerary in April (Sydney to Singapore) and one in July (round-trip Beijing) with nothing in between? Is this dry dock, leasing to a local agent? Or they just haven't decided what the ship will do yet beyond April (but then why release a July itinerary)? 

I'm thinking of doing an Asia cruise April-June 2025, and the lack of visibility is frustrating. Though at least Royal seem to be progressively updating their schedule. MSC has nothing at all for 2025, and I don't think NCL has a release schedule (or at least I couldn't find it).

4 hours ago, MyriamS said:

But why release one itinerary in April (Sydney to Singapore) and one in July (round-trip Beijing) with nothing in between?

The initial steps during the release could have gaps like that - they'll get filled soon after. Pre-COVID, Asia (especially China) could have itineraries only go out as little as 6 months (while RCI gauges the market and decides what to do).

April 16 Ovation has a repo to Hong Kong, does one cruise from there then has a repo to Beijing where she homeports starting May 2025.

6 hours ago, springaussie said:

The 10 year dry dock isn’t due until April 2026. 

Yep, confused her with another ship.  

7 hours ago, KJL53 said:

I have never seen a less expensive price on Celebrity for a solo than using my single supplement on Royal.

I would love to try Celebrity. 

I am not sure about Caribbean but for Europe cruises Celebrity very often has better offers (and more choice).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I am not sure about Caribbean but for Europe cruises Celebrity very often has better offers (and more choice).

I have seen some amazing last minute deals for Infinity out of Athens for the first few months of this year.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, twangster said:

April 16 Ovation has a repo to Hong Kong, does one cruise from there then has a repo to Beijing where she homeports starting May 2025.

Yep, confused her with another ship.  

Cannot see that repositioning cruise to HK on the Royal Carribbean website yet, but I am definitely interested in it! 

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2024 at 3:23 AM, Saab4444 said:

I’m in a solo veranda on the Edge in May. It was cheaper than a regular interior cabin. I’m looking forward to it and it’s my first Celebrity cruise. I’m not concerned about getting points on Celebrity since I go over as Elite any way because of Royal points.

Edited by crzndeb

9 hours ago, MyriamS said:

Cannot see that repositioning cruise to HK on the Royal Carribbean website yet, but I am definitely interested in it! 

Apr 16 - Apr 21: Singapore to Hong Kong

Apr 21 - Apr 26: Hong Kong > Naha > Keelung > Hong Kong

Apr 26 - May 01: Hong Kong to Tianjin

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cookooclock said:

If Ovation is taking over China for Summer 2025, where does that leave Spectrum? Back in Singapore? 

Spectrum:

Feb 2025 - Nov 2025: Shanghai

Dec 2025 - Jan 2026: Hong Kong

Ovation:

May 2025 - Oct 2025: Tianjin

No news after Oct 2025 yet, but she appears on the port schedule of Hong Kong on 15th Oct 2025 (transit), so apparantly she will be southbound to Singapore (?)

40 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Spectrum:

Feb 2025 - Nov 2025: Shanghai

Dec 2025 - Jan 2026: Hong Kong

Ovation:

May 2025 - Oct 2025: Tianjin

No news after Oct 2025 yet, but she appears on the port schedule of Hong Kong on 15th Oct 2025 (transit), so apparantly she will be southbound to Singapore (?)

Oh wow, never considered that they would station two Quantum class ships in China at same time! Guess bookings are booming! 

On 3/4/2024 at 11:18 AM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

If you check out the Blog there is an article "Five moves Royal Caribbean is making to overhaul its weekend cruise business for the future"

Basically it is confirming what this thread has been saying for months - focusing on new cruisers, shorter 3-5 night cruises and abandoning the longer cruises in favour of chasing the new cruisers money.

I don't like it but I understand the business move. New cruisers spend money onboard. The pandemic double points created so many new Diamonds, and their vouchers, thus less onboard revenue. 

I strongly prefer longer itineraries so my eye will be looking for repositioning cruise releases.