Specific Carnival E Gift Card Refund Question

wemjam

I have a specific question from anyone that has received an E Gift Card Refund from Carnival.

I just received an email stating it was a gift card refund from giftcards@carnivalgiftcards.com.  When I click on it, it takes me to a site carnival.ourgiftcards.com and wants me to verify the email the gift card was sent to.

I have never received a refund via E Gift Cards, Only hard cards in the mail.  I am SO very paranoid now about all the different ways people try to scam you.

Can someone confirm this is legit and this is how they have gotten their gift card too that has first hand experience please.  Are these two websites legit?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I received my last two that way also. I thought it was spam and kept wondering why I had note received my gift card refund in the mail. Luckily, I did not delete the original email. I called Carnival and they told me it was legit. Now I just have to make sure to check my junk folder in case one ends up there after I cancel something. 

Thanks all, opened and printed the card.

Now, I just have to figure out why they are sending me a gift card "refund" from my Sept 2022 cruise lol!  I called Carnival and they gave me the email for the gift card department to ask.

I am not due any refund that I am aware of for that cruise lol!  And I keep pretty darn good records, I know when they miss $.05 usually. 😀

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

Now, I just have to figure out why they are sending me a gift card "refund" from my Sept 2022 cruise lol!  I called Carnival and they gave me the email for the gift card department to ask.

I am not due any refund that I am aware of for that cruise lol!  And I keep pretty darn good records, I know when they miss $.05 usually. 😀

Do you fund your sail and sign with gift cards? If you have an overage of more than ten dollars at the end of the cruise you are supposed to get a gift card refund for that amount. 

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Do you fund your sail and sign with gift cards? If you have an overage of more than ten dollars at the end of the cruise you are supposed to get a gift card refund for that amount. 

Yes I use gift cards, but nope that isn't it.  We don't leave an overage when we get off.  I plan it out just so I don't.    Usually by the 2nd to last day if we have money left, I go to Cherry on Top and get new gift cards to use for my next cruise and then on the last day if I have anything small I buy I just let it charge to my credit card.  It's a weird amount $69.

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

That is an odd amount. I am very careful to leave with zero balance also. You may have to call if you really want to know but good luck with that! The only other thing I can think of would be a no show on a short cruise with only one stop generating a refund of port fee or possibly a shore excursion cancellation. I do like egift card refunds though. 

Edited by n6uqqq

6 hours ago, wemjam said:

Yes I use gift cards, but nope that isn't it.  We don't leave an overage when we get off.  I plan it out just so I don't.    Usually by the 2nd to last day if we have money left, I go to Cherry on Top and get new gift cards to use for my next cruise and then on the last day if I have anything small I buy I just let it charge to my credit card.  It's a weird amount $69.

Did they skip a port-that could be a port fee refund? Was there a severe issue on the ship that would warrant a refund going to everyone? Maybe they double charged you for something..I am just surprised it would be sent months after the cruise, and without an e-mail explaining why.

12 hours ago, ngrund said:

Did they skip a port-that could be a port fee refund? Was there a severe issue on the ship that would warrant a refund going to everyone? Maybe they double charged you for something..I am just surprised it would be sent months after the cruise, and without an e-mail explaining why.

Nope no port skip.  I got a response to my email and they said it was a fun shop purchase refund.  I don't have refund due that I am aware of.  

Oh well, extra $69 for me to use next month 😁

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Weeniemom1971 said:

Mine is for $6.50. Who can I call to find out what it is for?

If wemjam doesn't come back to give you the email to the gift card department, I found this on Carnival's gift card website:

If I have questions regarding my gift card transactions, who would I contact?

You will need to contact customer service who has access to review gift card transactions. The contact phone number for the Gift Card Fulfillment line is 1-866-270-1064 and a representative will assist them.

• Like 1

So this just gets crazier.  I just got two more random refunds from Carnival via gift cards.  $5.85 and $76.00.

Spent an hour on the phone again trying to get someone to tell me why I keep getting these!  No one can answer me.  Driving me nuts.

Guess I will go email them again!

• Like 1

I just received an email from Carnival stating that an excursion I have purchased for my Oct 23 cruise has had a price reduction.  This is the email:

Dear ninjacat123 (JK😉)

Good News!!

Please be advised, part of your Shore Excursion Order, XXXXXXX (booking number), has been revised due to a price reduction to one or more of your booked excursions.  Please know the difference in price you've paid has already been refunded back to your credit card ending in and should show on your account in an estimated 5-7 business days, depending on your bank.  This notification is for your information only, and please know nothing further is required on your end.

Thank you and have a wonderful cruise!

I used a digital gift card to purchase this and I don't know which one I used.  Do you think Carnival will issue me an actual gift card?  I thought this was an odd email.  TIA!

I do know refunds from Carnival will come back in the original form of payment, so if you paid with a gift card you will get a gift card back in the mail (mine always come FedEx).

They have started issuing E Gift Cards to, so you may get that instead.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wemjam said:

So this just gets crazier.  I just got two more random refunds from Carnival via gift cards.  $5.85 and $76.00.

Spent an hour on the phone again trying to get someone to tell me why I keep getting these!  No one can answer me.  Driving me nuts.

Guess I will go email them again!

I got one today, too, but here's the odd part. We had 2 cancelled cruises (due to covid) back in Jan. '21 and March '22. I thought we got all the necessary refunds for both, but this new gift card amount just so happens to be for the same amount of Cruise Cash I bought for the Jan. '21 cruise, so I have to assume that's what it's for. I just don't know why it took them over a year and a half. But back then, they sent multiple return gift cards and I could've swore I did the math at the time and we got everything back.

5 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I got one today, too, but here's the odd part. We had 2 cancelled cruises (due to covid) back in Jan. '21 and March '22. I thought we got all the necessary refunds for both, but this new gift card amount just so happens to be for the same amount of Cruise Cash I bought for the Jan. '21 cruise, so I have to assume that's what it's for. I just don't know why it took them over a year and a half. But back then, they sent multiple return gift cards and I could've swore I did the math at the time and we got everything back.

Yep, I got an email back yesterday evening saying it was refunded amounts on 2 different cruises that were cancelled last year.  This is the 3rd one of these I have gotten.  I am with you though.  Part of my job is accounting and I am usually 100% on the spot with every penny I am owed, and I closed out all my cancellation issues last year as paid in full.

Quite honestly, I think they are goofing and giving us more money back then what they should be.  This is twice now I have called and emailed about it though, and they just keep telling me it is money they owe me.  They also did advise they were still cleaning up stuff from Covid cancellations and this is what these were for.

So... if they want to give me free money - Oh well I guess.  I can't do anything more.  I keep telling them I think you are issuing me refunds for monies I am not owed, and they keep telling me they are valid monies owed to me.

• Like 1

So I just received a phone call back from the last Fun Ship rep I had been talking with about this too.

She confirmed these are valid refunds and they are from sailings we had to cancel in September of 2021.

*****?  I guess they are really scouring their books.

I still say I received all my refund and someone in their accounting department is goofed up.  Oh well, more money for me to spend.  They will get it back anyhow lol!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wemjam said:

So I just received a phone call back from the last Fun Ship rep I had been talking with about this too.

She confirmed these are valid refunds and they are from sailings we had to cancel in September of 2021.

*****?  I guess they are really scouring their books.

I still say I received all my refund and someone in their accounting department is goofed up.  Oh well, more money for me to spend.  They will get it back anyhow lol!

I do remember asking them if I would get the Cruise Cash back since it's normally non-refundable. I was told I would since they cancelled the cruise. I probably made a mental note that it was the last of the refund I was owed and then simply forgot about it. Better late than never, I suppose. But if it is an accounting error, I'm not saying a word. 🤐 LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Just chiming in say I too got the email about a reduction for Shore Excursions for a cruise in Feb24.  I have yet to see any amount back to my CC, it says 5-7 days.  But if I look in cruise planner, that excursion still shows same price (I think).  It probably went down like $1.86 or something extravagant and I am not remembering the exact original price.

But on the surface, the email looks scam-ish.  If I was directed to a website for a "gift card", my radar would be beeping too.  We'll see.  Stay vigilant out there.