My Jupiter review has been published

May B

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

May B was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I resisted the urge to read any reviews, before I sent in my own. Now I see I was MUCH more long-winded than everybody else. So if you don’t want to read the whole thing, I’ll understand!

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=702983&et_cid=3672465&et_rid=16922743&et_referrer=Party - Celebrity&address=xagL7A98SgUxOIPedmtXjFTLFZ2RiEho

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Nicely thought out and written.

We'll be on Jupiter at the end of next week and it sounds like I should take your recommendation to ask to be seated in Feri & Derrick's area - you were able to have a table for two easily enough, and not too close to larger/louder tables?

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

Nicely thought out and written.

We'll be on Jupiter at the end of next week and it sounds like I should take your recommendation to ask to be seated in Feri & Derrick's area - you were able to have a table for two easily enough, and not too close to larger/louder tables?

Actually, that’s a valid question. We definitely found it easy to get a two-top, but on every occasion, it was very close to either one or two neighboring tables. We never initiated a conversation, but others did. Generally it was fine. A few of the tables are along the window, and some are along the wall. Luckily my husband never minded having his back to the “action”. In fact, we would ask for table 160, which happens to be next to a wall. We liked it. I’ll try to post a photo.

We definitely thought Feri, Derrick and Ravi were superstars.

• Thanks 1

Great review . So happy you also love the ship design. It and the great service is why I love Viking. The food in Restaurant  was always   was delicious no matter what I ordered I did  eat in the other venues too. 
where are you going on your next Viking cruise ? 
Happy sailing 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Azulann said:

Great review . So happy you also love the ship design. It and the great service is why I love Viking. The food in Restaurant  was always   was delicious no matter what I ordered I did  eat in the other venues too. 
where are you going on your next Viking cruise ? 
Happy sailing 

We booked Malta, Morocco and the Mediterranean. Five new ports for us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, May B said:

I resisted the urge to read any reviews, before I sent in my own. Now I see I was MUCH more long-winded than everybody else. So if you don’t want to read the whole thing, I’ll understand!

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=702983&et_cid=3672465&et_rid=16922743&et_referrer=Party - Celebrity&address=xagL7A98SgUxOIPedmtXjFTLFZ2RiEho

Thank you, May B for such a comprehensive review that was a delight to read.  I have not yet taken a Viking Ocean cruise, but you have made that prospect very enticing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great review. We did three weeks on Sky last year and agree with all your points except for The Restaurant. We found it so noisy we couldn't hear each other talk. And our service was sporadic to say the least. We were very pleased with many of the Mediterranean menus in the buffet for dinner. We wound up eating there most nights. We found both specialty restaurants to be meh. We did like it enough that like you, we are going back.

Edited by DrKoob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May B, thank you for providing such a detailed review.  Because I have read much of what you wrote on the OC board, reading your opinions on your Viking cruise are of great help to me.  

Happy Belated Anniversary! 

• Thanks 1

A great review, thank you.  We were on the cruise following yours and also had a wonderful time (though we didn’t care much for the Cruise Director, thought he was a bit brash). 
Jupiter isn’t our favourite of the Viking fleet - the planetarium has spoiled the upper lounge area of Explorers, and its dome also interferes with the open deck space at the front.  But I think Viking must have come to the same conclusion as they only built two!  

• Like 2