Club Orange Math

CNSJ

Booking a 7 day Norway trip as a BTB following a Transatlantic on a different HAL Ship. We usually book VA Cabins Amidships on Deck 6 on Pinnacle class ships.  The cost difference between a VH (Fully Obstructed Balcony) and a VA is $400 per person.  The cost for Club Orange is $175 per person, and allows an upgrade.  Math supports Club Orange.  The only benefit we will get is teh Club Orange Dining Room as we are 4 Star already.

Am I missing something?

44 minutes ago, CNSJ said:

Booking a 7 day Norway trip as a BTB following a Transatlantic on a different HAL Ship. We usually book VA Cabins Amidships on Deck 6 on Pinnacle class ships.  The cost difference between a VH (Fully Obstructed Balcony) and a VA is $400 per person.  The cost for Club Orange is $175 per person, and allows an upgrade.  Math supports Club Orange.  The only benefit we will get is teh Club Orange Dining Room as we are 4 Star already.

Am I missing something?

And don't underestimate how nice the CO dining room is until you've tried it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

Don't forget the highly coveted Club Orange tote bag. 😉

Beat me to it. I'd have made it first, but noooo I had to try to make big text on my phone.

Edited by POA1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Don't count on the tote bag, lol,lol.  I keep telling you all this, lol.  Sometimes it is a no show, lol.

Without a tote bag (to add to my collection of dozens of them) why even cruise?

• Haha 6

We heard about CO this year and booked 2 cruises with it. In both cases, we paid for a Cat. VH balcony cabin and immediately upgraded to a Cat. V. Saved a bundle. 

Booking early is important, due to limited number of CO spots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CNSJ said:

Without a tote bag (to add to my collection of dozens of them) why even cruise?

This is even worse: We can't find our tote bags! There in the house somewhere, unless a dog ate them or a cat stole them. Don't worry too much about me, I'll be okay.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Stelladoro said:

We heard about CO this year and booked 2 cruises with it. In both cases, we paid for a Cat. VH balcony cabin and immediately upgraded to a Cat. V. Saved a bundle. 

Booking early is important, due to limited number of CO spots.

How can you tell if CO is available when booking your cruise?

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

You can't tell. I made our bookings directly with HAL and they were able to tell me if CO was available. Luckily, it worked for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was able to secure the upgrade to VA on Deck 6.  Not sure why the cabins on Deck 5 are cat V?  The lifeboats block a bit of view down on Deck 5, so i consider deck 6 superior.

Either way, Club Orange saved (book VH and then upgrade to VA) me $125 a person over the straight VA booking.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedIguana said:

If you used a TA or HAL PCC, call them. They can add it if it is available. If you booked on the HAL website directly, look up Club Orange on the site and grab the PDF of the Club Orange benefits. It has the number to call on it. Next, grab the PDF of your ship's deck plan. You'll want the deck plan because *if* Club Orange is available, you will need to select your upgrade room from the available rooms in your meta category. The further out you are from your sailing date, the better your odds are. CO is capacity controlled. The Pinnacle & Neptune Suites pax always get it. After that, there are a limited number of slots for purchase. Best of luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1