Matter of principle

piper

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

We booked our recent Alaskan cruise back in the fall of 2021, paid 40 pppd for Plus and received the ice cream sundaes.  We tried one between us, each having one and two spoonfuls and that was enough.  

Our future cruises are all on the Enchanted and the Sun, so they should have the gelato shops so a basic affagato should hopefully be substituted.  We were on the Majestic and the sundaes were terrible.

I tell the staff preparing the sundaes that I only want one scoop of vanilla gelato with some chocolate sauce—I can’t and won’t eat the huge dessert!  I’m always accommodated after they check to see if my package covers the desserts.  They usually just put in a small cup but at times I get the single scoop in the sundae glass that is coated in chocolate and sprinkles!  

I just pass on dessert in the MDR and get the gelato.  Much better than the MDR ice cream!

And, on my last cruise (on the Ruby), I did get an affagato!  The ice cream sundae place was in the same place as the coffee place on the Lido deck.  Easy to pour a shot of espresso on top of the gelato!

Edited by disneyochem

@beg3yrsOn our April Ruby cruise, canned sodas of any kind were included in the Plus Package. I got Diet Cokes any time I wanted. We took them with us when we got off the ship to go to the beach in several ports. No charge ! 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 6:50 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

No one knows until next week.

It's being discussed in this thread. See post #97.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:00 PM, Steelers36 said:

You need to wait until Thursday afternoon.  You can bank on at least me posting what the changes are to them as well as to dining arrangements.

image.png.9e3961de050bd5fc18f96de81381c5d0.png

Am I the only one who thinks this is a TA  promoting what "extras" people will get if they book with her?

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SAKay said:

@beg3yrsOn our April Ruby cruise, canned sodas of any kind were included in the Plus Package. I got Diet Cokes any time I wanted. We took them with us when we got off the ship to go to the beach in several ports. No charge ! 

This might be unique to that one ship   We have been on the Majestic, the Royal, the Discovery and the Emerald in the last year and diet cokes in cans were not covered 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

This might be unique to that one ship   We have been on the Majestic, the Royal, the Discovery and the Emerald in the last year and diet cokes in cans were not covered 

cans were not charged on Sky June 2023.....have you cruised since April 2023?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SAKay said:

We got canned Diet Coke in the MDR, and always fountain soda at bars/room service on our July 2023 Ruby cruise as part of our Plus package. Hubby would order two diet Cokes in the MDR and ask staff not to open one of them!  He would then take a can back to our room.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Easily resolved.  Just get a Coke Zero, much better tasting than Diet Coke and we had no problems getting cans on the Discovery last year and the Majestic this year.

3 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

fair enough....seems different ships provide cans FOC and other don't...odd

@memoak, currently on the Emerald and can soda(any) seems to be included with drinks pkgs, was also the policy when I was on the ship 1 month ago.

I was on Majestic, April 2023 , SYD to LA, cans were also included. You could tell as ordering in the APP it would show $0.00 as cost. Emerald says they do not have Coke Zero on board.

Funny as the T&C of the pkgs specifically say ‘fountain’, someone made a change.

Also, change in ordering Pizza, there are 3 different choices, all have a $8.50 charge( no pepperoni or plain cheese available on APP). Free pizza thru the APP is gone, wonder if it was too popular? I was able to order free whole Pepperoni pizza thru the APP on the Sapphire, got off July 12, so this is a recent change.

Will try and find out talking to F&B manager.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chamima said:

image.png.9e3961de050bd5fc18f96de81381c5d0.png

Am I the only one who thinks this is a TA  promoting what "extras" people will get if they book with her?

Who are you saying is a TA? Carmen Roig? She works for Princess and hosts these webinars 🙂

• Like 3

On 7/21/2023 at 3:32 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I got bitten by this same thing on a sailing earlier this year...

Same here. I noticed it a few days into the cruise. I had the older version (Plus Pkg)  Aw well, did not stop me from enjoying the drink pkg just the same. 👍