Stockholder credit response time

DaveOKC

22 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

There is a form that must be used and it has to be within a certain time (60 days, I think) after the initial booking. Did you send in the form? Your TA should be able to supply it.

And cannot be paid in full even if outside final payment date. Learned that the hard way.

I have 3 transfer requests right now that have not been completed but have been acknowledged as being received. They're saying I need Pax 2 to complete a transfer form or I need to add a comment that I'm financially responsible before they will process them. I've never had them require those even though the form says it.

I think they're getting more strict so they keep more in house and pay out less 3rd party commissions. 

42 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Does it show his name on it?  I would think they would need that or else anyone else could use it.

Yes.  The sheet has the Letterhead from brokerage company, his name,  name of shares, amount of shares and date of statement. That’s attached to a letter, requesting the onboard credit, with name of ship,  date and booking number.  We also add a request for a return email stating the credit has been applied.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

There is a form that must be used and it has to be within a certain time (60 days, I think) after the initial booking. Did you send in the form? Your TA should be able to supply it.

Yes, sent the form supplied by my TA one day after booking it. This afternoon 10 business day will have passed.

So here's our recent shareholder credit story......request sent via email:

Request sent 7/6 @3:49pm

Request acknowledgment 7/6 @3:57pm

Confirmation email of the credit received 7/10

Confirmed with TA and updated booking w/credit received 7/10

49 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

So here's our recent shareholder credit story......request sent via email:

Request sent 7/6 @3:49pm

Request acknowledgment 7/6 @3:57pm

Confirmation email of the credit received 7/10

Confirmed with TA and updated booking w/credit received 7/10

Here is mine:

Sent me shareholder request at 12:32PM today

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Yes, sent the form supplied by my TA one day after booking it. This afternoon 10 business day will have passed.

Guess the 10th day was the charm on the transfer. Just got confirmation it is done now,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

Ours is under my husbands IRA.  My husband blocks out the account # and other information on his Brokerage Statement. They would not be able to see what kind of account it is. 

What kind of account matters not it is who the account belongs to.  If you want to cruise solo or with someone else you will need your own shares - that is why Dave recommended using a joint account. 

11 hours ago, Mary229 said:

What kind of account matters not it is who the account belongs to.  If you want to cruise solo or with someone else you will need your own shares - that is why Dave recommended using a joint account. 

Thanks Mary229 - that was exactly my point.  That way either one of us can qualify.

16 hours ago, Mary229 said:

This!  I’ve taken a number of girls cruises and have received the shareholders OBC since the shares are in a joint account.

And, I also request the OBC to be credited to my account (hubby and I use different credit cards on board—I keep track of gambling costs/losses) so he doesn’t have worry about spending it!  

Our experience has been stellar. I have never experienced a better outcome than our requests for the OBC.  You need a recent investment statement to prove you own the stock.  Our return email from the department is less than 24 hours and recently only 2 hrs from the time we submitted our statement.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, londonben said:

Do you apply as soon as booking or do you have to wait until closer to the sailing date?

As soon as you book.  Note that this OBC requires annual approval by Carnival so cruises after mid 2024 have yet to be approved for this OBC.  For those cruises, you will have to wait to submit until after the OBC is approved next April.

9 minutes ago, Crew News said:

As soon as you book.  Note that this OBC requires annual approval by Carnival so cruises after mid 2024 have yet to be approved for this OBC.  For those cruises, you will have to wait to submit until after the OBC is approved next April.

Thanks Crew News. we are booked for December this year, so i'll apply.

13 hours ago, Crew News said:

Requests submitted for April and May 2024 were approved and applied; I held off submitting for anything after May.

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Requests submitted for April and May 2024 were approved and applied; I held off submitting for anything after May.

Please note that they are provisionally approved.  If CCL removes the OBC for the next fiscal year they will be removed.  I do not understand why HAL keeps approving shareholder OBCs beyond the designated date🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:
5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Please note that they are provisionally approved.  If CCL removes the OBC for the next fiscal year they will be removed.  I do not understand why HAL keeps approving shareholder OBCs beyond the designated date🤷‍♀️

The stockholders benefit current includes all cruises thru July 2024. See post 28.

14 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I usually wait until final payment… just in case I change my mind. 😉 

Due to the way it works in the UK, we are on the hook for our entire package no matter what happens.

That is why insurance at time of booking is so important for us.

Not that I would change my mind anyway. This trip is for ME 😀

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

The stockholders benefit current includes all cruises thru July 2024. See post 28.

That is true but they often allow the requests out of the period.  It just will serve to aggravate people one day