It’s A Crystal Family Affair – Return To Crystal & Crystal Serenity

Keith1010

1 hour ago, goldengatecruisers said:

JFontaine what beautiful wording.  I could not have said it nicer myself.  Thank you for saying what we have all been thinking.  I don't think any of us could have really predicted this outcome and it's amazing to see passengers (albeit on a freebie media/industry shake down) walking up the gangway to board Serenity. 

Thank you for thinking this and best to you.

Keith

@Keith1010Hi Keith

Wishing you and Anne-Marie a wonderful trip.  How exciting! Looking forward to reading your feedback/blog. 

BTW I believe you have been to Portomao before😉.  I remember it well because it was our first Crystal cruise and you kindly helped me with several questions and we met at the meet/mingle.  If I recall you were at the end of a world cruise.  We embarked in Miami on May 4, 2015 to Rome (Miami-Lisbon-Rome).  I was sure Portomao was on the itinerary and I just looked it up and it was indeed on that itinerary. 

18 minutes ago, Cancun01 said:

@Keith1010Hi Keith

Wishing you and Anne-Marie a wonderful trip.  How exciting! Looking forward to reading your feedback/blog. 

BTW I believe you have been to Portomao before😉.  I remember it well because it was our first Crystal cruise and you kindly helped me with several questions and we met at the meet/mingle.  If I recall you were at the end of a world cruise.  We embarked in Miami on May 4, 2015 to Rome (Miami-Lisbon-Rome).  I was sure Portomao was on the itinerary and I just looked it up and it was indeed on that itinerary. 

Thank you for the good wishes and for remembering we were there.  I remember those segments well including stop in Bermuda.  Just didn’t remember the port.  Thank you so much. 

Keith

• Like 2

As we get ready to begin our new adventure I am struck by the photos that some on board have been kind enough to share.

All are familiar with the saying saying that pictures or even one picture tells a thousand words rings very true.

Even without commentary from those who have taken the photos the pictures do say a lot IMHO.

A friend who will also be on the first couple of cruises was kind enough to send me this photo from a recent walk. This one says a lot too.

Keith 

IMG_8653.jpg.00f3dfe24ea137821100ebcdc346a49a.jpg

• Like 3

Aloha.  Wishing you and the Mrs. a phenomenal voyage. Looking forward to your reports. I have posted before about how my late father and my 90 year old mom enjoyed Crystal since its inception. I am sure my dad will be watching as you snack in the Bistro. You bring depth in your reports and all the best! 

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha.  Wishing you and the Mrs. a phenomenal voyage. Looking forward to your reports. I have posted before about how my late father and my 90 year old mom enjoyed Crystal since its inception. I am sure my dad will be watching as you snack in the Bistro. You bring depth in your reports and all the best! 

You are very kind and I appreciate your words. I remember you posting about your Dad and Mom.

Thank you.

Keith

23 minutes ago, ctjon said:

Keith - hope you and Anne Marie have a great and safe trip over to Europe where I hope you have a great cruise.     Thanks for all your help  and a great trip is a reward you deserve

Thank you so much for your kind words and also for your posts throughout the years.

Keith

Our adventure has started.

Picket up at home 10 minutes early.

Very nice driver.

Arrive to the airport in about 45 minutes. She was moving but safely.

We arrived by Noon.  

Had lunch.

Expected ticket counter to open around 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm.

They opened at 2:20 pm.

Made it through TSA Pre Check in a breeze.

Relaxing in the airline lounge of the partner airline.

We are very excited to begin this trip.  We are thrilled with all that we've seen from the present cruise through the various TA's on board.  Some I know.  Others I have connected with.  

Just think 14 months ago people didn't know if Crystal would be back.  And here we are and Crystal is back and I believe it will be better than ever. 

Life is good.  Well, life is great.

Here we come Crystal Serenity.  We can't wait to return home.

756556f18b547700c8648bd36cbf64aee9d3691d-3236x2160.thumb.webp.6fd98deb57b5667ca6d50c79970dd5b3.webpCheers,

Keith

• Like 17

Thank you all for the good wishes.

We landed at London Heathrow on schedule and are waiting in one of the Airline Lounges for our next flight.

The good news is the flight was uneventful.  

I always say the toughest thing about cruising is getting between home and the ship.  One day they will say beam me up Scottie. Not in our time although it would be nice as long as they can put us together again.

Cheers,

Keith 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

Happy to know you had an eneventful flight across the pond and are safely in London..  Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress to the ship.  I always enjoy reading and learning from your posts.

Thank you for the kind wishes and kind words.

Keith

13 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Bon Voyage and Safe Journeys -- show us a picture of your bags unpacked 🙂

Thank you.

Oh those bags are empty. LOL

When I lifted each one to place them on the scale at the airport I wish they were empty. Although a foot or so off the ground It was a challenge and this is from someone who is in good shape.

Keith

15 hours ago, bayonejoe said:

Keith, Bon Voyage.  I hope to meet you on the ship.

Bags are being packed as I write this.😁😁😁

Thank you. Safe travels to you and I also hope we meet you.

Glad those bags are packed.

Keith