Free whole pizza not available on the APP- Emerald Princess July 2023

wallyj

Hi, just boarded Emerald Princess yesterday. In Ocean now, previous on this ship last month and just off the Sapphire on July 12, you could order whole pizza for zero cost.

Now under pizza, you have 3 choices of Pizza Amici, Bianca e Nero, and a Duo Parma, all with a charge of $8.50!

No choice of pepperoni or just cheese like before?

Has this spread to other ships too!

Going to try and talk to F&B manager and find out if this is permanent?

Well, does that mean you can't get a slice or 2 of plan cheese pizza for free? That's supposed to be available @ "Slice" pizza on the top deck per Princess web. We're not the gourmet or spicy type. 

14 minutes ago, Willwils said:

Well, does that mean you can't get a slice or 2 of plan cheese pizza for free? That's supposed to be available @ "Slice" pizza on the top deck per Princess web. We're not the gourmet or spicy type. 

They are tall king about full pizzas with room service not the by the slice avaiyby the pool

I went to Guest services about another issue, but mentioned about the APP only having the 3 new choices of pizza.

The agent said it was implemented 2 sailings ago and will be permanent till it is not and will be going to other ships.

Yes, you can still go to Lido deck and get ‘free’ slices, but you cannot get a whole Pepperoni or cheese thru the APP or room service anymore. 

Was told room service could not keep up with the demand, so this change was implemented. 

I will try and talk to the F&B manager if he is at the MTG event this cruise and see if he can give me anymore info.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I went to Guest services about another issue, but mentioned about the APP only having the 3 new choices of pizza.

The agent said it was implemented 2 sailings ago and will be permanent till it is not and will be going to other ships.

Yes, you can still go to Lido deck and get ‘free’ slices, but you cannot get a whole Pepperoni or cheese thru the APP or room service anymore. 

Was told room service could not keep up with the demand, so this change was implemented. 

I will try and talk to the F&B manager if he is at the MTG event this cruise and see if he can give me anymore info.

It sucks, but after my experience on the Discovery in April, might not be the worst idea.  It was an hour and a half for the pizza to arrive, 45 minutes after my drink arrived.  If ships at full are having issues getting room service pizza in 30 minutes, then they have to do something to depress demand.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Boooo.

That’s going to cause some friction at the free pizza stations, as folks load up on the favorites in an effort to replace the whole pie. 

that's just so sad ...

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mowogo said:

It sucks, but after my experience on the Discovery in April, might not be the worst idea.  It was an hour and a half for the pizza to arrive, 45 minutes after my drink arrived.  If ships at full are having issues getting room service pizza in 30 minutes, then they have to do something to depress demand.  

or maybe hire more crew???  I know that they don't seem to be fully crewed yet.  At least on my last few cruises.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dweeb said:

or maybe hire more crew???  I know that they don't seem to be fully crewed yet.  At least on my last few cruises.

Not a crew issue - the pizza ovens are a fixed resource. Their output is limited. You can add 5, 10, 15, 20 crew members to a pizza oven, but it will not increase output. Economics 101 - Law of Diminishing Returns.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Not a crew issue - the pizza ovens are a fixed resource. Their output is limited. You can add 5, 10, 15, 20 crew members to a pizza oven, but it will not increase output. Economics 101 - Law of Diminishing Returns.

Considering they deliver drinks and other food items to cabins, it can't be a crew issue.

• Like 1