Final payment

Slyfox16

You can see when it is due on your confirmation pdf......

Final Amount   Due within  (due date)  (amount)

...and after making final payment, you MIGHT get a confirmation pdf. showing the total paid and a balance of $0. I always pay about a week early just in case something goes wrong on their end. The bank (or cc company) might want to confirm with you before letting things go through. I've done both online payment and over the phone (when the site was acting up) and most of the time, everything is applied properly. 

1 hour ago, jame_g said:

You should get a reminder email one week before final payment is due. 

I have found that, for the sailings that I booked onboard and paid the reduced deposit, I am not getting reminders about final payment and have no way to make final payment online. I have one due this week and will just have to call to pay over the phone, I suppose.

I don't think that MSC actually sends a remimder per se other than a copy of your booking as a reminder. Just did one in May (this time I paid online instead of over the phone) and MSC then sent a new copy showing a zero balance due.

It is not as frantic as Carnival to make your final payment. "URGENT! FINAL PAYMENT DUE!"  For them I need to make a Carnival Final Payment in August for a November cruise.

Edited by Heartgrove

I have two cruises booked for August and I didn’t wait for final pay date because I would be on the road then.  The one I booked o line, I was able to go to the booking and make the payment.  The one that was booked over the phone with the MSC agency I had to call to pay.  There was no way to pay online.  MSC agency, you say?  Well, I had people calling me saying they were my rep from MSC.  One called the day after I booked the first cruise, and with them I booked the second cruise as a B2B.  But it looked like I booked with an agency.  Funny thing is, they have the same street address and suite as the MSC HQ in Miami.  Just a different phone number.  EM

Hopefully this is a silly question. We have paid a deposit, but now I notice that if I was to rebook this cruise, the price has gone up quite a bit.  The fine print does say something about MSC can increase the price.  Will I have to pay more than what was originally quoted when I paid my deposit?  Cruise isn't until July 2024.

21 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

I don't think that MSC actually sends a remimder per se other than a copy of your booking as a reminder. 

They absolutely do send reminders. I got a real kick out of timing of them, too.

Final due July 4th.

Received a reminder on June 26th, but, dated June 27th saying to pay within 7 days.

Received a second reminder on July 2nd (dated July 3rd) that said I missed my deadline of "yesterday" and to pay within 7 days or they'll cancel.  😀 

Exact same sequence was repeated with a second cruise final payment due July 13.  First reminder July 5, dated July 6, second July 11 dated July 12 saying deadline was "yesterday".

Their calendar must work differently than mine.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

10 hours ago, MeeshaNZ said:

Hopefully this is a silly question. We have paid a deposit, but now I notice that if I was to rebook this cruise, the price has gone up quite a bit.  The fine print does say something about MSC can increase the price.  Will I have to pay more than what was originally quoted when I paid my deposit?  Cruise isn't until July 2024.

Barring you make no other changes to your booking, you pay the price on your original invoice.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

They absolutely do send reminders. I got a real kick out of timing of them, too.

Final due July 4th.

Received a reminder on June 26th, but, dated June 27th saying to pay within 7 days.

Received a second reminder on July 2nd (dated July 3rd) that said I missed my deadline of "yesterday" and to pay within 7 days or they'll cancel.  😀 

Exact same sequence was repeated with a second cruise final payment due July 13.  First reminder July 5, dated July 6, second July 11 dated July 12 saying deadline was "yesterday".

Their calendar must work differently than mine.

I've never run the due date down that low which could be the reason I haven't received one. Good to know that they actually do keep track, even if it is maybe based on GMT +02:00.

41 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

I've never run the due date down that low which could be the reason I haven't received one. Good to know that they actually do keep track, even if it is maybe based on GMT +02:00.

Regardless of what time zone they use, their day count is off as 7 days had not yet passed "yesterday". 

Ok, new cruiser to MSC....if you fall under the 90 day window with final payment made and there is a price drop does MSC, upon your contacting them, adjust the pricing?  RCCL did it once for us as OBC. 

1 hour ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Regardless of what time zone they use, their day count is off as 7 days had not yet passed "yesterday". 

July 3 is seven days after June 27. Just like July 2 is seven days after June 26.

6 hours ago, B&BTexas said:

Ok, new cruiser to MSC....if you fall under the 90 day window with final payment made and there is a price drop does MSC, upon your contacting them, adjust the pricing?  RCCL did it once for us as OBC. 

was this recent, during covid, pre covid?

You call and you are opening Pandora's box.