Explora I Pictures

PaulMCO

1 minute ago, frankhi said:

So you think there is a pool long enough to swim lengths? I really hope your right, but I have never been on a ship with a pool long enough to actually swim.

Oh! Even the small Azamara ships have pools in which we were able to swim…and of course the larger ships from companies like MSC, Celebrity, Mein Schiff…

Ivi

1 minute ago, travelberlin said:

Oh! Even the small Azamara ships have pools in which we were able to swim…and of course the larger ships from companies like MSC, Celebrity, Mein Schiff…

Ivi

So, how long are the pools you are referring to? 

8 minutes ago, frankhi said:

I can't find anything, just your estimate would be appreciated....

Azamara about 7mts x 4mts. Is the smallest pool we were able to swim every morning before breakfast. Enough for us. Our pool at home is 3mts x 10 mts.

Crystal ships even make swimming competitions 😁 measured on number of laps. On one World Cruise my husband won the gold medal in his category 🤭

Edited by travelberlin

1 minute ago, travelberlin said:

Azamara about 7mts x 4mts. Is the smallest pool we were able to swim every morning before breakfast. Enough for us. Our pool at home is 3mts x 10 mts.

Thanks, that's what I thought... 

• Haha 1

Really had to laugh about your comment. I watched the video twice, only for the pictures. I found it torturing to listen to him. So little overall product knowledge there, I cannot believe he was invited to the sailing. But he does a lot of MSC, TUI, AIDA ( in a similar questionable way) coverage, so that explains it. 

I am grateful for the pictures/ ship tour though, as it gives me an early indication of the ship. 

I e.g. found it interesting to hear and see, that the regular suites are rather basic ( although stylish ) in material used, from the cheap Chinese bedside clock to the shelves, to the showerheads. That bigger balcony suites still only have one short looking daybed. 

I am still skeptical in regards to enough sun loungers in warm weather cruises.

And I am very skeptical in regards to the restaurant situation. Why on earth did they make the buffet restaurant the biggest restaurant, and squeezed all other restaurants into small spaces. File Rouge, apparently the restaurant most passenger will use as their main restaurant, looks so cramped, it reminds me of the dining room on Radiance of the Seas, just posher, but with tables so close together, that I already feel sorry for the waiters.

Hopefully this impression is wrong though, can’t wait for the first reviews to come in. 

Other than that, the ship sure looks gorgeous and I am looking forward to joining a cruise in March. 

just my 2 cents….

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mike@sea said:

I am still skeptical in regards to enough sun loungers in warm weather cruises.

I initially had that same thought when I looked at the main pool, but the ship does have four pools which is a lot for the passenger load.  We will find out in April as we have a warm weather cruise booked. 

@mike@sea agree 100% the audio was painful.  We are doing a Caribbean in January and the ship is the destination.  Except for Cartagena, have been to all of the ports at least x3 times.  Your comment on the day beds and only one being on the deck of the larger decks and PH and Residences is spot on.  DW always wins on those one of issues.  Same with the sinks in the bathrooms.

• Like 1

I am surprised at the space for shops, how many watches will they sell ?

What floor will the cigar smoking be on ? I would avoid that area inside and out. Just hope you can’t smell it from your cabin balcony.

looking forward to seeing the reviews before I book April cruise. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, vistaman said:

charging for a Tanqueray 10 or a VSOP Cognac ?

both free on nearly all the "all inclusive level" cruise companies 

Yes that really disappoints 

28 minutes ago, vistaman said:

Very disappointing re cognac. I’m not a gin drinker so no opinion there. 

34 minutes ago, vistaman said:

For an example of what New Crystal is serving:

And the Explora whiskey offerings seem a bit thin.  Only two Scotch singles.  Canadian Club but no Crown Royal.   Two cognacs.  And sparse aperitifs.

Not impressed.  My only hope is that this menu isn't indicative of what's available shipwide.

Edited by Critically Cruising
  • Like 1

We are on the inaugural. The dining situation is a mess and worse than on any budget cruiseline. You are allowed to visit Sakura (asian) and Marble (steakhouse) only once! And all available tables were reserved in advance. Med Club is without reservation but you have to wait in queues. We waited about 30 minutes. Inside it was extremely cramped and loud (no acoustic panels/ceilings, glossy surfaces). There are lounge style tables consuming the space which would be needed for regular dinnertables and adequate spacing in between. Total planning/design desaster. The breadcrumbs from the neighbors 10 cm from you will land on your table. We left this sh**show before ordering anything. On the second day we insisted to dine in Sakura - after some back and forth we were allowed to do so. The food and service there were magnificent! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Yikes, from their web site Unlimited beverages, fine wines and premium spirits, speciality coffees, teas and soft drinks available anytime, including in-suite mini-bar* The list above from Astern Pool Bar included drinks is definitely NOT fine wines and premium spirits ! 

2 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I’m a total cheerleader but I was shocked at the complimentary Scotch and Cognac selection. Pitiful.

And where are the Ports?

It is the Pool bar -- do you drink port at the pool???

Edited by PaulMCO