New Menus coming soon??

38 minutes ago, May B said:

Yay, Patty, who has a food photo for every discussion!

You're right, that’s quite paltry. We just went on Viking, and Mr B couldn’t stop raving about the bread basket contents. Alas, I don’t think I took a photo.

where are the rolls?

at least BLU gives a bread basket, usually filled with variety of breads and rolls.

on  the Beyond in Luminae , bread was doled out  by a rovlng bread person, often mia.  A few tomes we were tokd the bread would arrive late...huh,

On 7/29/2023 at 1:18 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

I know that you guys cruise on X a lot, but have you been on an S class ship of late and maybe know about the MDR diner food.  Off Summit recently and we were very dissapointed in the major decline in the quality of food and the offerings.  Any fed back?

We were just on the Summit a couple of weeks ago and thought the food in the MDR and Tuscan Grille were absolutely delicious. We found food in OVC to be hit or miss. Skipped the Mast Grill.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We recently cruised for 6 weeks on Apex.    We found the food to be very good and plentiful even in the OVC.  

To my knowledge there are no plans to change the menus except for occasional tweaks and substitutions.

Ours was a cold weather cruise and the Pool Grill wasn't open and hamburgers were cooked at the OVC and were cooked in advanced and stacked -  chose not to have one.

I am trying to find the menus for the current Apex cruise. They changed them on the last cruise and it was a drastic cut. Each of the 4 MDRs had their specialties and the complete entree menu for night 1 was the classic chicken, steak and salmon plus Israeli couscous cake. That was the entire menu. Hoping to see more as this cruise sails. 

Just now, RichYak said:

Are you not seeing the current Apex cruise in the app?

No they aren’t there. I checked the current cruise.
A current cruiser on another forum said they are not appearing on the app for them either. 

32 minutes ago, amcco said:

No they aren’t there. I checked the current cruise.
A current cruiser on another forum said they are not appearing on the app for them either. 

I see that now. I wonder what's up.

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I see that now. I wonder what's up.

They are in their trial phase of the new menus in the MDR. Maybe they don’t want to publish that too widely 😳

37 minutes ago, amcco said:

They are in their trial phase of the new menus in the MDR. Maybe they don’t want to publish that too widely 😳

They are advertising on TV that they are bring back 'favorites"  All we can hope is that that's a good thing and not favorites that save them more money, but rather favorites that make their guests happy!

• Like 3

On 7/30/2023 at 8:26 PM, patty1955 said:

Here's the prime rib on our Infinity cruise is June:

PXL_20230524_165750940.jpg

I know the quality of food is declining but If I am served this in the MDR on Millennium it will be sent back. School dinners looked better than this!  I read about the ice cream scoop of mash and the recurring carrot sticks and green beans, but seeing it in reality is dreadful. Just wondering how many complain to the Maitre D’ and if anything is done about it? Or do most just complain post cruise? After 20+ years of cruising if this is the best they can do then our cruising days with X will be over. 

Edited by sunlover33
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 11:25 AM, keesar said:

On the Equinox and Beyond, the brand of butter being offered was Grassland.  Real butter.  And I love and know my butter.  

Hope this holds true in December on the Equinox.

Bread is no fun/not worth the calories when spread with flavored/colored Crisco. I expect real butter on Celebrity.

10 hours ago, amcco said:

The Apex menus do show up in the app for the cruise after the current one. They have completely eliminated the appetizer and entree section that changes every day and replaced it with what used to be the Classics. If that is rolled out fleet wide I will no longer sail Celebrity (after 160+ Celebrity cruises) !!!

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

The Apex menus do show up in the app for the cruise after the current one. They have completely eliminated the appetizer and entree section that changes every day and replaced it with what used to be the Classics. If that is rolled out fleet wide I will no longer sail Celebrity (after 160+ Celebrity cruises) !!!

This is what I too am seeing in my app for my October Apex cruise.  I’m not sure how much chicken, salmon, pasta, and strip/flank/sirloin steak I can eat over 10 days.  Always available has turned into only available. 

1 hour ago, Karen450 said:

This is what I too am seeing in my app for my October Apex cruise.  I’m not sure how much chicken, salmon, pasta, and strip/flank/sirloin steak I can eat over 10 days.  Always available has turned into only available. 

I saw a picture of tonight’s menu. I said the same thing to my husband. How much chicken and steak can I eat on a 14 night cruise. I did see a vegetarian section at the end which adds a few more choices in (if you are a mushroom fan)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, amcco said:

I saw a picture of tonight’s menu. I said the same thing to my husband. How much chicken and steak can I eat on a 14 night cruise. I did see a vegetarian section at the end which adds a few more choices in (if you are a mushroom fan)

I can maybe just about manage chicken steak and salmon on rotation but a scoop of mash as the potato option with carrots and green beans on every meal is pushing things too far. 

• Like 1

I was checking upcoming menus on Apex as we are on in November.  Only the children's menu is posted, and I noticed that their small filet mignon (which some of us have ordered) has sadly  been replaced by a small steak.  

A menu posted by a current sailor on Apex shows no rotating choices.  

16 hours ago, amcco said:

Any possibility that you could post a picture of the MDR Menu or a few of them??  Our October cruise shown nothing

these were night 2. Of you go into the next cruise on the app you will see them. They have added a vegetarian section way at the bottom of those menus which give you some additional choices. 

29 minutes ago, hcat said:

Will they still offer soups and salads as well as  appetizers like shrimp cocktail?  some nights that's enough for us...

wonder if BLU will stay the same?

BLU and Luminae do not appear to have changed.