Pre cruise hotel stay

gailellen12

26 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

I will be coming into the NCL hotel pre cruise for one day. Will the NCL rep be there at that time or do they show up on the day you are transported to the pier?  Thanks

NCL representatives will not be at hotels.  NCL representatives are available at the airport for booked transportation to the pier.

• Like 1

This isn't what you asked and is unsolicited advice, so feel free to tell me to go munch on kelp in the sea.

We never book a hotel with NCL l as the price is generally double (or more) when comparing just booking the same hotel on our own. Here's a good example: NCL charges $220 per person, per night, to stay at the Hilton Barcelona. The total, before taxes and fees would be $880. 

Now, this same exact scenario occurred when we flew to Miami. We were quoted at more than double the price of accommodations in Miami. 

Here is a room at the same hotel, from hotels.com (Hilton's site didn't like me this morning). This is not the cheapest room, but far from the most expensive room available. The cost is $332.01 for two nights, for two people. 

image.thumb.png.f2aacc4a4a614dae8f789dd05207c0a0.png

And, just in case NCL actually books a nice room, here's the entry-level suite which I am guessing NCL would not book for you. Total cost is $731.49 for two people, two nights.

image.thumb.png.903d6d65e71af3754fbd71350c24861a.png

Anyhow, just be sure you're spending your well-earned/invested cash wisely! 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

This isn't what you asked and is unsolicited advice, so feel free to tell me to go munch on kelp in the sea.

We never book a hotel with NCL l as the price is generally double (or more) when comparing just booking the same hotel on our own. Here's a good example: NCL charges $220 per person, per night, to stay at the Hilton Barcelona. The total, before taxes and fees would be $880. 

Now, this same exact scenario occurred when we flew to Miami. We were quoted at more than double the price of accommodations in Miami. 

Here is a room at the same hotel, from hotels.com (Hilton's site didn't like me this morning). This is not the cheapest room, but far from the most expensive room available. The cost is $332.01 for two nights, for two people. 

image.thumb.png.f2aacc4a4a614dae8f789dd05207c0a0.png

And, just in case NCL actually books a nice room, here's the entry-level suite which I am guessing NCL would not book for you. Total cost is $731.49 for two people, two nights.

image.thumb.png.903d6d65e71af3754fbd71350c24861a.png

Anyhow, just be sure you're spending your well-earned/invested cash wisely! 

Amen on that….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

I will be coming into the NCL hotel pre cruise for one day. Will the NCL rep be there at that time or do they show up on the day you are transported to the pier?  Thanks

That depends upon the cruise port.

Which port/ship were you looking at?

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

When I book a hotel pre-cruise, I book it myself and ensure that the hotel offers pickup at the airport and transfer to the pier the next day.  Never had a problem with that set up. 

Depends upon the port.

No hotel in galveston is picking you up at IAH airport in Houston.

I suspect hotels in Miami won't pick you  up at FLL airport.

6 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

This is true. I normally book my pre-cruise hotel on my own. I use some of the apps like hotels.com, expedia and tripadvisor to compare prices and check the reviews, then book with hotel direct.

About hotel chains picking you up at airport, its a hit and miss. You might be waiting for a while, sometimes you are better off getting an uber/lyft to avoid the frustration.

• Like 1

For the first time, I have selected an NCL hotel and BOGO airfare. My booking is with a one-day deviation. I just now phoned NCL to double check the transfer situation. Agent said my reservation shows transfer from airport to hotel and then the following day transfer from the hotel to pier. Said details will be with my online check-in. This cruise isn't until next March so I won't know for awhile. I chose to try NCL's hotel because the price seems very reasonable, unlike in the past when the hotels have been way unaffordable for me.

I always stay at the Norwegian partnership hotel as part of the package (have always gotten good rates) and is a safe neighborhood- which is key to a 70+ lady traveling solo.  A Norwegian re is usually at the hotel late afternoon into the evening before the cruise and back early morning.  Only twice in 37 cruises, have I had to return to my airlines baggage claim area the morning of the cruise to get transportation to the ship.

2 hours ago, destar said:

About hotel chains picking you up at airport, its a hit and miss. You might be waiting for a while, sometimes you are better off getting an uber/lyft to avoid the frustration.

The last couple times I used the airport shuttle I had to call to tell them I was waiting, they weren't running regular circuits.