New York dock for Crystal

HappyInVan

As Keith says, the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is where the ship will be. This terminal extends from 46 street to 50th street on 12th Avenue, rght in the middle of the city. We love coming to New York as we will on September 27th as we live 6 blocks away. Always watch the ships coming in and out. The ship could be birthed at pier 90 or pier 88 ( Where my grandfather worked as a dock supervisor.) If you want to know what street you're on, just subtract 40 from the pier number and that will be it  So pier 88 is at 48th street and so forth. Enjoy New York.

• Like 5

On 8/13/2023 at 9:38 AM, hypercafe said:

If the Manhattan terminal is full the overflow goes to Brooklyn. Looks like Serenity will be in Brooklyn 10/29/2023. You can look at NYCruise.com for the schedule of both terminals.

Odd, The Serenity is listed at the Manhattan Terminal for 10/16/23 when it will actually arrive there on the 13th.  Perhaps this schedule is a 'work in progress' for those later dates still.

On 8/13/2023 at 8:38 AM, hypercafe said:

If the Manhattan terminal is full the overflow goes to Brooklyn. Looks like Serenity will be in Brooklyn 10/29/2023. You can look at NYCruise.com for the schedule of both terminals.

Is this the right place to look as I can't find it under the Brooklyn Terminal. I might be looking at the wrong tab so appreciate if you can post the link.

https://nycruise.com/brooklyn-terminal/schedule-bct/

Keith

19 hours ago, happy cruising said:

I am on the Quebec to NY cruise Oct 5-13. My travel advisor called Crystal and confirmed that the ship will be docked at the Manhattan cruise terminal on Oct 13.

We are on the same cruise and wondering the same thing.  We are trying to figure out which airport would be better to fly out of Newark or Laguardia.  Do you have a suggestion?  Thanks!

personally, i would fly out of newark because you could get a nonstop flight to phoenix from there but i you choose laguardia, you would have to change planes somewhere to get to phoenix.  just my humble opinion.  and newark is usually a 30 to 50 minute taxi ride from the city depending on the time of day.

Edited by USC Adventurer
  • Like 2

LaGuardia is 12 miles from the cruise terminal and Newark is 16 miles so the distance is almost the same. October 13th is a Friday and there will be a lot of traffic out of Manhattan to New Jersey starting about 2:30 PM in the afternoon so if you go to Newark would suggest you leave Manhattan soon after leaving the ship. You never can predict the traffic to either Newark or LaGuardia so allow plenty of time. If you are staying in Manhattan Friday night and going to the airport on Saturday there will be no traffic to either airport on Saturday morning assuming no accidents or traffic incidents. See you on the ship! 

LaGuardia is 12 miles from the cruise terminal and Newark is 16 miles so the distance is almost the same. October 13th is a Friday and there will be a lot of traffic out of Manhattan to New Jersey starting about 2:30 PM in the afternoon so if you go to Newark would suggest you leave Manhattan soon after leaving the ship. You never can predict the traffic to either Newark or LaGuardia so allow plenty of time. If you are staying in Manhattan Friday night and going to the airport on Saturday there will be no traffic to either airport on Saturday morning assuming no accidents or traffic incidents. See you on the ship! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deysaz said:

We are on the same cruise and wondering the same thing.  We are trying to figure out which airport would be better to fly out of Newark or Laguardia.  Do you have a suggestion?  Thanks!

If you insist on a non-stop, then you have AA and UA from EWR.  For DL, it's out of JFK.  You also have dozens of connection options from LGA.

Do you have an airline preference?  That would influence me more than airport, as the status benefits come into play.  Other than that, I'd be looking at price, flight times and operating equipment. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, TRIPACIAN said:

I know but the Port Authority does not show the Serenity there on that day.  It could be a lack of their updating the schedule but I don’t know.

I think it is that.

If it was Manhattan one of the excursions wouldn't be Brooklyn Highlights.

I would have your TA contact Crystal to be 100% sure but my understanding is Brooklyn from what some other people on that cruise have said.

Keith