Reserving times in BLU online

benkon

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

Do not see that coming as the room is barely big enough for the aqua class rooms.  This would be the same thinking that guests can pay an extra fee and it at luminae.  Or guests paying for access to Retreat lounge etc.  That I dont think they will ever try, 

No, my point was it would only be Aqua class in Blu, but if some wanted to reserve prime time, they could pay a fee.  I doubt they would do it, but if people don’t think some would pay $10 a table for a standing 7 pm reservation, I would bet the other way.

4 hours ago, benkon said:

I wasn't implying that "Prime" meant preferential.  I'm aware it applies to the location.  I was only stating my cabin designation as it is on my reservation.  I was only saying it makes no sense that they allow time selections in Trellis, but not Blu.   

Why would I want to dine in Trellis?  I have been booking Aqua since it was first introduced on the roll out of Solstice.  Can't ever recall having to wait more than a few minutes for a table in Blu.  Why would I want a reservation to dine.  I enjoy dining when it suits my schedule not at a designated time.

4 hours ago, benkon said:

Gosh, you guys are harsh.  I was only stating my cabin class as it is on my reservation, not implying I was someone special who doesn't have to wait in line "with the rest" of you.  Geez.  

Sadly, there are many who post and do expect preferential treatment in one form or another. If I lumped you in with that group, apologies.

I'm guessing that the reason you can make reservations in one dining room and not Blu is because Blu was the original 'no reservations required' dining room and it's probably the number one reason people spend more for AQ cabins. 

2 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

No, my point was it would only be Aqua class in Blu, but if some wanted to reserve prime time, they could pay a fee.  I doubt they would do it, but if people don’t think some would pay $10 a table for a standing 7 pm reservation, I would bet the other way.

I think there would be a lot of people who would pay the $10. And there would be others who would pay $10 every evening for a window table. It's a slippery slope. 

I have been sailing in Aqua for years, and am Elite Plus. I pay for an A2 and get upgraded to A1 Aqua Prime. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for a table, and many times the Maitre De has the same table we’ve eaten at waiting for us. Service has been impeccable. No need for reservations. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Why would I want to dine in Trellis?  I have been booking Aqua since it was first introduced on the roll out of Solstice.  Can't ever recall having to wait more than a few minutes for a table in Blu.  Why would I want a reservation to dine.  I enjoy dining when it suits my schedule not at a designated time.

I don't wish to dine in Trellis.  I was just asking why my Cruise Planner gave me that booking option and not Blu.   Making a reservation, from my experience, just eliminates all (or most of the wait), especially when you wish to dine between an excursion and a particular show.  Since everyone has indicated there's little or no wait for Blu, it shouldn't be an issue.  That's why I asked the initial question.

Edited by benkon

17 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Sadly, there are many who post and do expect preferential treatment in one form or another. If I lumped you in with that group, apologies.

I'm guessing that the reason you can make reservations in one dining room and not Blu is because Blu was the original 'no reservations required' dining room and it's probably the number one reason people spend more for AQ cabins. 

Thanks, and I appreciate your kind words.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

As has been stated, Blu doesn't allow reservations. Also note that since your assigned dining room is Blu, there is a chance your MDR reservations will be canceled. If you wish to eat in the MDR versus Blu, you are supposed to make arrangements with the Maitre D on board.

I never had a reservation canceled because I'm in AQ and "supposed" to eat in BLU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benkon said:

Since everyone has indicated there's little or no wait for Blu, it shouldn't be an issue.  That's why I asked the initial question.

If you show up at Blu about the same time each night the maitre d will try and put you at the same table or section. 

On 8/5/2023 at 8:21 PM, cruisestitch said:

The Trellis reservations WILL be canceled.  😀

That´s not true! Aqua class gives you the right and option to dine in Blu. However, you are not limited to Blu. You can dine at the MDR any time you want. 

We almost exclusively book AQ - because of BLU. But every once in a while we dine at the MDR and made reservations. They were not cancelled. We walked up, mentioned the reservation... and went in.

22 hours ago, rdaniel said:

I am sailing in Prime AQ in a few weeks on Reflection.  I guess I'm not as special as I thought.

The name change to "Prime" is just a sales pitch. Before it was just A1 and A2 - same thing without lipstick on the pig 🙂

Aqua is great - no matter if A1 or A2. On the contrary - on S class we decline the free upgrade because we prefer A2 locations over A1.