I guess we missed the announcements. So now we pay for…?

gottagocit

44 minutes ago, whitecap said:

We just got the email as well (sailing Jan 2024)however, there is a contradiction between the email and the Princess website. 

Website, under FAQ states that the $5 room service fee only applies to room service orders "placed by stateroom phone"

The email states:  OceanNow delivery:  To ensure you can have whatever you need during your cruise delivered directly to you, a nominal access fee of $14.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to OceanNow deliver." 

Next paragraph:  Room service fee:  "A $5 delivery fee will be charged for all room service orders (except complimentary stateroom breakfast orders).

No where does it exempt those that have paid the OceanNow fee.   

Am I confused or is this just another poorly written message from them.

OceanNow delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Funny thing is that if Princess just raised fares by the same amount as these changes will cost most basic fare passengers,  most likely no one would have even noticed

So true, I am sure we are not the only loyal elite they have pushed away. Sadly I think they have done us a favor, having now booked Virgin for next years cruises, I am really excited to have no art auctions, no photographers everywhere and all inclusive dining. Also the recognize elite. 

• Thanks 1

My clients (and myself) like the changes for short cruises - 7 days or less make it totally worthwhile to get the packages. Anything over 7 days and the package value decreases by day to the point where if it's 10 or more days it makes more sense to pay-as-you-go. I don't think this was well thought out at all...

• Like 5

Just now, amandawalker1 said:

So true, I am sure we are not the only loyal elite they have pushed away. Sadly I think they have done us a favor, having now booked Virgin for next years cruises, I am really excited to have no art auctions, no photographers everywhere and all inclusive dining. Also the recognize elite.

That's the beauty of a free market.  We can spend our money as we see fit. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, amandawalker1 said:

I just had a client cancel a March booking with Princess and book on Virgin instead after receiving the email about the changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, amandawalker1 said:

… Also the recognize elite. 

Are you saying they recognize Princess elite status in bookings with a Virgin?  If that’s true I think I need to look into their loyalty program. What level does “Elite” equate to when booking with them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Are you saying they recognize Princess elite status in bookings with a Virgin?  If that’s true I think I need to look into their loyalty program. What level does “Elite” equate to when booking with them?

• $10 Daily Specialty Coffee Credit Per Cabin: Because you deserve to be glamorously caffeinated for everything you've got planned.
  • $100 Bar Tab Credit Per Cabin: Can be used for bar purchases at restaurants & bars (including bars at The Beach Club) and Shake for Champagne. Bar Tab cannot be used for Happenings that include alcohol, such as, Food of the Gods and Gram, the Grog Walk, or Shot for Shot.
  • An Exclusive Cocktail Event: A stunningly curated and extra-special cocktail party for those with Deep Blue Extras.
  • Expedited Boarding: A VIP-style dedicated line at embarkation awaits you at the terminal.
  • Laundry Service: Two (2) pressed items, one (1) dry-cleaned item, and one (1) bag of laundry — on us.
  • RockStar Agent On Board: For any and all of your needs, you'll have access to a dedicated agent.
  • Unlimited Premium WiFi (where available): If you can dream it, we can stream with access to our premium WiFi.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:
  • $10 Daily Specialty Coffee Credit Per Cabin: Because you deserve to be glamorously caffeinated for everything you've got planned.
  • $100 Bar Tab Credit Per Cabin: Can be used for bar purchases at restaurants & bars (including bars at The Beach Club) and Shake for Champagne. Bar Tab cannot be used for Happenings that include alcohol, such as, Food of the Gods and Gram, the Grog Walk, or Shot for Shot.
  • An Exclusive Cocktail Event: A stunningly curated and extra-special cocktail party for those with Deep Blue Extras.
  • Expedited Boarding: A VIP-style dedicated line at embarkation awaits you at the terminal.
  • Laundry Service: Two (2) pressed items, one (1) dry-cleaned item, and one (1) bag of laundry — on us.
  • RockStar Agent On Board: For any and all of your needs, you'll have access to a dedicated agent.
  • Unlimited Premium WiFi (where available): If you can dream it, we can stream with access to our premium WiFi.

That bar credit wouldn’t last 2 days. What no free tattoos?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, amandawalker1 said:

I think you have summed that up well and explained why many are so annoyed. It’s quite a good deal for short cruises, but stupid cost for 23 days I am booked on. The upgrade to premier is just not justifiable for the cost, I will just pay what extras I really want. 
However, this whole implementation has left me feeling very anti princess. Have two booked which I can not change. But booked my next cruise with Virgin, which I would never have even looked at before, and Wow, everything is included, and I have to say I’m impressed. So after 15 princess cruises, I’m off, oh and they match the elite status from first cruise.

Wow!  I agree with all you said!  And good to know that they status match as does MSC.  Strange that other Carnival Corp. sister cruise lines do not. (Even Celebrity and Royal status match).
Still peeved about only 2 casual dinners for free even on a 25 sail sailing.  The same 2 as those sailing on a 7 day cruise. It is just not fair.  
I will feel ok about it in time especially as I search other options.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, amandawalker1 said:

I think you have summed that up well and explained why many are so annoyed. It’s quite a good deal for short cruises, but stupid cost for 23 days I am booked on. The upgrade to premier is just not justifiable for the cost, I will just pay what extras I really want. 
However, this whole implementation has left me feeling very anti princess. Have two booked which I can not change. But booked my next cruise with Virgin, which I would never have even looked at before, and Wow, everything is included, and I have to say I’m impressed. So after 15 princess cruises, I’m off, oh and they match the elite status from first cruise.

The problem with Virgin is that they have no drink package, so even though they are cutting edge with many of their aspects, that deviation compared to their competition eliminates them from possibly being considered.

• Like 2

@whitecap   🤣  I am dying!!!  That is perfect!!!  OMG!!  I don’t know how you came up with that but I love it!!!  You should send it.  Can’t hurt.  Might want to copy the board of directors so they know how people feel (I’ve done that before when a company really pissed me off).   Possibly the board doesn’t know what’s going on. Post on social media too. Again can’t hurt

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The problem with Virgin is that they have no drink package, so even though they are cutting edge with many of their aspects, that deviation compared to their competition eliminates them from possibly being considered.

I got $900 usd bar credit, plus free flights

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrstmaxx said:

@ldtr  exactly.  I feel the same with ‘resort fees’.  Just raise the base fare so I don’t get pissed off being nickel & dimes

This is basically a push to try and encourage more uptake of the drink packages. Which is exactly how it is positioned in the announcement.

Any revenue increase is minimal. 

It is entirely about trying to change passenger behavior either by more buying packages and a secondary case of reducing room service calls and load.

Edited by ldtr

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I consider the biggest problem with Virgin is the absolute lack of any interesting itineraries.

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Do they have washer/dryer for passenger use.  If their ship laundry prices are close to Princess prices, 10+ day cruises would be way high to have laundry done by the ship. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I just had a client cancel a March booking with Princess and book on Virgin instead after receiving the email about the changes.

Job well done Princess....seriously.  If $5 or $15 here or there on optional food and services drives away a customer, then those are the very type of cruisers who should be sent packing so the company can survive as a viable business in the future.

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

I consider the biggest problem with Virgin is the absolute lack of any interesting itineraries.

We never got that far in the review process.  Knew they had short itineraries and no drink packages, so that's two red flags for us.  We normally cruise for 14 days unless it's drivable, then we'll do the 7-10 day option.  If they expand and change down the road, we may consider, but I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Job well done Princess....seriously.  If $5 or $15 here or there on optional food and services drives away a customer, then those are the very type of cruisers who should be sent packing so the company can survive as a viable business in the future.

For these clients, the cost had nothing to do with it. They are more than able to afford it. They simply didn't like the way it was handled and the way it is being communicated by Princess. They cancelled a 15 day in a suite on Princess, so I don't think this is the type of cruiser Princess is looking to "send packing"...but what do I know?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2