Park n Cruise Boston

camper49

3 hours ago, camper49 said:

Is there a park n cruise motel in Boston? 

Not really.  You may try Park, Stay and Fly or hotels in Revere, Quincy or Somerville (on the outskirts of Boston) to see if they have an airport shuttle first and ask if they have a parking package. To take a taxi or Uber from there might be expensive.  There is a MASSport parking lot near D Street. As they have a contract with NCL, they don't open up their excess reservations until about 2 weeks before sailing. Most drivers drop off their passengers, with luggage, go park and walk back to the Ray Flynn/Black Falcon  (terminal). The  garage across from the terminal is no longer an option. Also look on the Boston as a port forum.

Edited by Nanatravel

On 8/9/2023 at 7:17 PM, Nanatravel said:

Not really.  You may try Park, Stay and Fly or hotels in Revere, Quincy or Somerville (on the outskirts of Boston) to see if they have an airport shuttle first and ask if they have a parking package. To take a taxi or Uber from there might be expensive.  There is a MASSport parking lot near D Street. As they have a contract with NCL, they don't open up their excess reservations until about 2 weeks before sailing. Most drivers drop off their passengers, with luggage, go park and walk back to the Ray Flynn/Black Falcon  (terminal). The  garage across from the terminal is no longer an option. Also look on the Boston as a port forum.

What is the issue with the garage right near the terminal?  Did is close in the last year or does it no longer allow cruise parking.  We used it last August.

On 8/13/2023 at 7:04 PM, PigsCanFly said:

What is the issue with the garage right near the terminal?  Did is close in the last year or does it no longer allow cruise parking.  We used it last August.

I'm interested in this as well, as we just booked our first ever trip out of Boston on Princess for next July. According to our friend Google, there are numerous parking lots near the Cruise Terminal, the closest being the ABM garage right down the pier next to the Port Police station.  It still shows on the ABM website as active so if it is shut down their website should be updated.  From what I'm seeing now, I think we will use the covered garage on Drydock Ave a block north of the terminal building, a 5 minute walk away.

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I'm interested in this as well, as we just booked our first ever trip out of Boston on Princess for next July. According to our friend Google, there are numerous parking lots near the Cruise Terminal, the closest being the ABM garage right down the pier next to the Port Police station.  It still shows on the ABM website as active so if it is shut down their website should be updated.  From what I'm seeing now, I think we will use the covered garage on Drydock Ave a block north of the terminal building, a 5 minute walk away.

Worst case scenario you'll find something convenient on Spot Hero or your favorite parking app.  Boston is trying to become more of a cruise port so I'm sure they will only make nearby parking easier each year

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I ended up reserving a spot in the parking lot adjacent to the cruise terminal.  I called them and they directed me to the parkwhiz website to reserve my parking spot.  We were at the terminal last summer and saw the lot.  It is uncovered, but literally next to the terminal.  We used the ABM garage last summer and it was a very easy one small block walk to the terminal.

Thanks all, very helpful comments. I was concerned after having read the comment in Post #2 above that "The  garage across from the terminal is no longer an option" That is pretty loosely worded as to exactly what "...across from the terminal" means, and I was concerned that it meant the parking lot just down the street from the terminal exit, next to the port police station, was closed. As to the management of the parking garage not wanting cruise passengers taking up space, that's quite possible, but unless they outright ban us, I will prefer to use that covered garage in lieu of an open lot.

Massport still controls a ton of open land in that area and since they have a vested interest in the success of the cruise industry in Boston, I would be shocked if they didn't continue to find acceptable parking solutions for travelers embarking in Boston.  Even if it means a shuttle.

I received this from Celebrity's Shoreside Concierge.  May be helpful.  

For your convenience, I’ve included the Boston Cruise Port information for your sailing below:

Flynn Cruiseport Boston Cruise terminal
1 Black Falcon Avenue
South Boston MA 02210

Parking information may be obtained on the following site:

Massport will be offering Cruise parking at 492 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, Lot D3
Rate is $25 per day, credit card only. Complimentary shuttle included. The lot is open 24/7.
Parking arrangements must be made prior to arrival.
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Julma said:

Thanks for posting. 

Do you know if this is the covered garage or the open lot? 

(The links don’t work, at least not for me.)

47 minutes ago, Julma said:

For your convenience, I’ve included the Boston Cruise Port information for your sailing below:

Thanks for posting. Google shows that lot just NW of the terminal, about a 12 minute walk just past the big Hampton Inn. We certainly wouldn't bother with a shuttle for that short distance, but that's just us. Farther than the covered garage and about the same distance as to another also open air lot on Kennedy Ave, on the other side of the adjacent drydock.  So lots of parking options, just nothing right at the terminal as in many other cruise ports.

That whole area is an easy to walk.  If the weather is nice and you are able, it's probably your best bet.  Not sure where the shuttle drops off, but the loop can be bogged down with traffic.  

If walking isn't an option for the whole group, I suggest dropping group and luggage and have one person take the car to park.  That person can shuttle or walk back and meet up with the group.  Just make sure the person parking the car has their own paperwork incase you're separated at some point.