2025 cruises

buchhalm

On 8/23/2023 at 4:15 AM, bluemarble said:

The new 2025 itineraries pick up with an eastbound crossing departing May 5. Perhaps there is an overnight planned in New York for the evening of May 4-5.

I see they've added Le Havre to that April 27th crossing making arrival May 5th. Unless of course that was spotted earlier and I missed the post.

Edited by D&N

Just now, D&N said:

I see they've added Le Havre to that April 27th crossing making arrival May 5th. Unless of course that was spotted earlier and I missed the post.

Right. I first noticed that only a few days ago. I have my suspicions that change is a proactive step on Cunard's part to avoid another conflict with MSC Meraviglia in Brooklyn on Sunday, May 4, 2025. So far I can only place MSC Meraviglia in Brooklyn up to Sunday, April 27, 2025. But if MSC extends her schedule of mostly Sunday calls at Brooklyn during 2024-2025 into May 2025, that would have caused a conflict with QM2 there on Sunday, May 4, 2025.

At any rate, we now know QM2 will not be doing an overnight in New York on May 4-5, 2025. Instead she will be doing an 8-night crossing including a call at Le Havre.

• Like 4

QM2's summer itineraries look really appealing, especially with Iceland. Interestingly enough I see the Indepedence Day cruise has been "flipped", where the first port of call is now Newport, and the last is Halifax.

After speaking with my other half it looks like we'll be spending the summer onboard as we did this year. We'll have to go the Fjords twice, but the 2nd time around there is some extra ports compared to the previous week which is nice.

• Like 1

Oh, the dastardly small print.  On the US site, the new itineraries are available on Oct 5 at 5 am PDT/ 8 am EDT.  This would be 1 pm in the UK.  What time are the new itineraries available on the UK site.

But the small print says it is a non-refundable deposit.  Deposits are usually refundable until 4 months embarkation.

But: *Stateroom assignment is not available at time of booking and is on a guaranteed basis.  I would consider a guaranteed Q1, or a Q2 on QE/QV (but not QM2).  There are many discussions on CC about Port/Stbd on a TA.  No choice for P/S, forward, midship, aft?  This booking condition is crazy.

I was so much looking forward to normal US booking conditions for our anticipated cruise.

2 minutes ago, WorkforBeerGuy said:

Oh, the dastardly small print.  On the US site, the new itineraries are available on Oct 5 at 5 am PDT/ 8 am EDT.  This would be 1 pm in the UK.  What time are the new itineraries available on the UK site.

But the small print says it is a non-refundable deposit.  Deposits are usually refundable until 4 months embarkation.

But: *Stateroom assignment is not available at time of booking and is on a guaranteed basis.  I would consider a guaranteed Q1, or a Q2 on QE/QV (but not QM2).  There are many discussions on CC about Port/Stbd on a TA.  No choice for P/S, forward, midship, aft?  This booking condition is crazy.

I was so much looking forward to normal US booking conditions for our anticipated cruise.

1 PM on the UK site

12 minutes ago, WorkforBeerGuy said:

Available to book for past Cunard clients at 1pm BST on Wednesday 4th Oct. On general sale 5th Oct.

Edit

Specific cabins will be available to book, or they better had be  🙂.

Maybe the GUA conditions are a sort of Saver fare?

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WorkforBeerGuy said:

But: *Stateroom assignment is not available at time of booking and is on a guaranteed 

I believe that language applies to "our lowest fares" and certain promotional fares only per language here https://www.cunard.com/en-us/advice-and-policies/standard-cancellation-refund-policy

14 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Available to book for past Cunard clients at 1pm BST on Wednesday 4th Oct. On general sale 5th Oct.

Edit

Specific cabins will be available to book, or they better had be  🙂.

Maybe the GUA conditions are a sort of Saver fare?

Do past Cunard clients get an email to link the earlier (4th October) or do you log in via My Cunard site ? 

Don’t want to miss the boat ( pardon the pun) on an itinerary and our cabin selection.

Top tips on securing a booking on the pre/release date very welcome.

Thank you 

15 minutes ago, LargeNegroni said:

Do past Cunard clients get an email to link the earlier (4th October) or do you log in via My Cunard site ? 

Don’t want to miss the boat ( pardon the pun) on an itinerary and our cabin selection.

Thank you 

Sorry, I have no idea. Our wonderful agent always books for us. I wish I could give you his name but that's against CC's rules. All I can say is he's a one man band and everyone I have introduced him to, thinks like us.

We have pre registered for a cabin or two but that doesn't guarantee you a cabin. The only  perk is if the price does go up before we book, for a certain length of time the pre release price will be honoured.

edit

no idea other than to say we don't get any links sent to us so if you haven't an agent and don't want to book via the phone, it's probably a case of book via My Cunard.

Others should be able to help you more than I can.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LargeNegroni said:

Thank you 

Likewise our wonderful agent, who shall remain nameless, along with her daughter that we've never dealt with, will attend to our booking.

However she has given us her prices and levels of onboard credit for the grade we want. She has also warned us that only a certain quantity of that grade will be available to the itinerary we require. But she can't check cabin numbers at this stage.

There are a further four different itineraries that will be on sale that partially overlap the one we want and it's possible that our first choice cabin may be allocated to one of them.

Therefore I have supplied her with a list of cabin numbers in order of preference. There are certain cabins within the grade we don't want.

If using an agent or even if booking direct, perhaps best to do some homework and make sure you are familiar with what cabins will be acceptable to you and what ones you would want to avoid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LargeNegroni said:

Usually you just sign in with the My Cunard account. Sometimes / usually an email goes out a few days before, with a direct link but I don't think it does anything more than a login via My Cunard. If an email does go out then I'm sure it will be mentioned here.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Does anyone know what the onboard spend amounts are for UK customers? 

I'm told that A1 and A2 grades are $145 per person for the 14 night trip we want. Don't know about others.

That came from my agent. You could ask an agent about others.

I book through a UK agent. I wouldn't trust a French agent with something so important!

Edited by D&N

2 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

If you book with a travel agent when do you pay the final balance? Is it the same as Cunard direct? 

Most travel agents will ask for final payment a week to10 days ahead of the cruise lines final payment date, to allow for any delay in receiving your payment info that could cause a cancelation.

14 minutes ago, techteach said:

I’ve contacted our Cunard TA to reserve QV for France/Italy June 2025. Barcelona to Rome. This is our first time on QV. PH3 or PH4?

If by PH you mean Penthouse, I would go for a Q4, unless walking is a real trial. Q3s are near the lifts, and slightly larger, but I have never really noticed the size difference. Oh, and the view from the balcony is better because they are on the bit that sticks out. But I don’t think any of that is worth paying more for.

• Like 1