Is Food Republic Open For Lunch On Prima?

RocketMan275

45 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Nooooo! That was going to be one of our sea day lunches. Ahhh, guess we're changing plans. Thank you!

Awww, this is sad to hear.  I hope it's only on the prima, and not on the Viva too.  It was open for lunch on the escape and it was a wonderful lunch 

• Like 1

It wasn't open, but Indulge Food Hall was. We love that place. It was open for lunch on embarkation day and every day. We ate there and loved it. If you go on embarkation day, get there asap because it filled up fast. We were able to get a table by heading there right after muster. 

We loved Food Republic, too. We had dinner there one night. Wonderful food and yummy desserts, which was totally unexpected. 

Edited by Sigyn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I was hoping Food Republic would be open on a port day where we didn't have to fight the crowds.

Sounds like a job for the butler.

I have never had to fight the crowds at Food Republic on any ship or any time, lunch or dinner. Its one of NCLs best kept secrets. 

• Like 4

I guess it makes sense that it's closed for lunch on sea days. There are so many included options, including Indulge, the buffet, the Local, and a dining room. At least that's what appeared on the dailies I reviewed from the most recent Pr1ma cruise that just ended. Lots of choice! 

And, when we did go to Food Republic on Joy for lunch it was eerily quiet! I was stunned at just how quiet it was. We used our Free at Sea package, so had all eight items. It was good and filling. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Nooooo! That was going to be one of our sea day lunches. Ahhh, guess we're changing plans. Thank you!

So,,, we sailed on the Prima in October and December. Both cruises, the restaurant was buffet seating for breakfast and lunch (since the buffet is next door). The Prima Food Republic restaurant manager, Rose, worked in the Indulge for lunch service and said that there were no plans on opening on sea days (Rose used to be the Food Republic restaurant manager on the Encore). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, we sailed on the Prima in October and December. Both cruises, the restaurant was buffet seating for breakfast and lunch (since the buffet is next door). The Prima Food Republic restaurant manager, Rose, worked in the Indulge for lunch service and said that there were no plans on opening on sea days (Rose used to be the Food Republic restaurant manager on the Encore). 

Thanks.  Not what I wanted to hear but glad I heard it.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:36 PM, cruiseny4life said:

Try Indulge for lunch, you won't be disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thanks! I've seen it on YouTube reviews. Looks great. Nice to hear from you that you enjoyed it as well!

Yes indulge is fantastic. I did figure out that you don't have to order everything at once though. I ended up using 2 tables for my lunch order. Thank goodness it was a relatively empty port day so there was room.

My Prima sailing was almost a year ago and I don't remember a lot, but the chicken lemongrass soup was amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thanks! I've seen it on YouTube reviews. Looks great. Nice to hear from you that you enjoyed it as well!

Go right after you get on board, hopefully you have an early embarkation time. They are open for breakfast as well, for lunch they open at 12, be in the area at 11:50 as it gets crowded.

1 hour ago, reeinaz said:

Yes indulge is fantastic. I did figure out that you don't have to order everything at once though. I ended up using 2 tables for my lunch order. Thank goodness it was a relatively empty port day so there was room.

My Prima sailing was almost a year ago and I don't remember a lot, but the chicken lemongrass soup was amazing.

Yes, we definitely over-ordered that first visit to Indulge.  We learned to start out with a smaller order and then decide on something else later.   We were amazed that the various dishes were delivered so promptly.   

I think we ate more lunches than dinners there, but both were great.  Also loved the grab-n-go options during breakfast hours.