O cruiser on first R ship

11 minutes ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

although it is getting difficult to find magnetic wall space on refurbished or new ships.

This is true! The Nautica cabin ceilings are magnetic. Endimium magnets with hooks work well

• 2 weeks later...

I think one sentence in your post sums up your discontent.

“We had a PH and the room was small and the bathroom was tiny.”

The PH rooms are small compared to the O class.  All other categories there is not much difference in size.  

4 hours ago, CCBB said:

Do they serve some Red Ginger dishes in the GDR of the R class ships? We particularly like the sea bass dish.

Not that I am aware of. I was on Nautica last week and didn’t see any Red Ginger dishes on the menu.  I wish they would. 

12 hours ago, aussietwo said:

I think one sentence in your post sums up your discontent.

“We had a PH and the room was small and the bathroom was tiny.”

The PH rooms are small compared to the O class.  All other categories there is not much difference in size.  

Interestingly enough though the traditional wisdom is that IF you need or desire a larger bathroom on a R ship you need to book a PH or larger. 

12 minutes ago, ORV said:

Interestingly enough though the traditional wisdom is that IF you need or desire a larger bathroom on a R ship you need to book a PH or larger. 

The truth is the bathroom isn’t tiny at all on PH’s on R class, they are fine. PH’s on an R class are a really good size unless you need to host some sort of rave lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

Not that I am aware of. I was on Nautica last week and didn’t see any Red Ginger dishes on the menu.  I wish they would. 

Thanks for your response. I am disappointed to hear that because when we cruised on the Insignia years ago (before Covid) they used to have some selected dishes from Red Ginger and Jacques in the dining room each night.

17 minutes ago, CCBB said:

Thanks for your response. I am disappointed to hear that because when we cruised on the Insignia years ago (before Covid) they used to have some selected dishes from Red Ginger and Jacques in the dining room each night.

The GDR does have the always favorite Jacques roasted chicken still on the menu

Here is a sample menu and it shows Lobster pad thai ( a Red Ginger entree) and several Jacques items -

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/13391/Grand-Dining-Dinner-Menu.pdf

Edited by basor
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, CCBB said:

Do they serve some Red Ginger dishes in the GDR of the R class ships? We particularly like the sea bass dish.

12 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

It's happened, not sure how much currently. 

20 hours ago, CCBB said:

On Regatta in April 2023, we had the Red Ginger duck and watermelon salad at the Terrace Cafe for dinner on Asian night.  It was just like in Red Ginger!  We had the miso glazed sea bass one night in the main dining room (or maybe in the Terrace Cafe).

• Like 2

Have sailed on R ships on Azamara and Oceania.  Public areas are nice.  Cabins are small. Bathrooms are tiny.  The best attraction is R ships can get into ports that larger ships can’t fit.  Once we sailed on Marina/ Riviera we stopped booking R ships. We like the larger cabins and more choices of dining options. We love Jacques.  

• Like 2

Been around the world on R ships starting with the Renaissance before the turn of the century 1999.

The lounge and bar before you enter the MDR is relaxing and you can have a drink waiting for your table and meet new people. 

The entertainment area  is like an old style night club you can dance before the show starts and you up close not like the theater seating on the O class.