Help pick between Oasis and Wonder cruises

Looking to do a cruise this winter on an oasis class ship.  We've done Oasis and Harmony in the past.  Me, my husband and our 11 year old son. 

Through other variables we've come down to two options -

1. Oasis western 7 day.  Pros - itinerary is great.  we're not that into excursions and ports but one of their itineraries offers both cococay and labadee which is great as we'd love to have some beach days and I have some food allergies so RC ports are less stressful.  also the itinerary only has 2 cruising days so there would be opportunity to have quiet ship on the Bahamas and Jamaica stops.  Cons - ship is older (2009).

2 - Wonder eastern or westerly 7 day. Pros - ship is newer and seems they've upgraded onboard water based activities (slides and # of pools).  Cons - they don't have an itinerary with labadee, the cost is higher and the ship leaves from Port Canaveral which isn't as convenient in terms of proximity to airport.

So would love others opinions on the ships themselves (is wonder notably better, is oasis getting old or have they kept it up well, is wonder less preferable for any reasons, etc.)

Thanks!!

47 minutes ago, sarahsentry said:

Looking to do a cruise this winter on an oasis class ship.  We've done Oasis and Harmony in the past.  Me, my husband and our 11 year old son. 

Through other variables we've come down to two options -

1. Oasis western 7 day.  Pros - itinerary is great.  we're not that into excursions and ports but one of their itineraries offers both cococay and labadee which is great as we'd love to have some beach days and I have some food allergies so RC ports are less stressful.  also the itinerary only has 2 cruising days so there would be opportunity to have quiet ship on the Bahamas and Jamaica stops.  Cons - ship is older (2009).

2 - Wonder eastern or westerly 7 day. Pros - ship is newer and seems they've upgraded onboard water based activities (slides and # of pools).  Cons - they don't have an itinerary with labadee, the cost is higher and the ship leaves from Port Canaveral which isn't as convenient in terms of proximity to airport.

So would love others opinions on the ships themselves (is wonder notably better, is oasis getting old or have they kept it up well, is wonder less preferable for any reasons, etc.)

Thanks!!

I think you answered your own question.

Oasis, better ports, better price 

Wonder really high price, and you dont want to fly into orlando

I did oasis as recently as last march and it was nice, no big complaints. Did it twice long ago. Got wonder booked and paying about double to cruise with friends. For me I'd rather spend less and cruise more often so price is a consideration. Maybe for you, your vacation time is set and cant cruise more and $1k more or less means little. If you just cruise once a year, a little extra doesnt make a difference. 

• Like 2

Oasis hands down, sailed her twice, loved her! I have recently been on the WOS and loved it, but that price tag?  Nah, I only did it because we took the grandkids.  The itinerary for the Oasis is better, you save money and less hassle with the airport drive.

Edited by nimbex1970

• 2 months later...

Oasis was refurbished by the end of 2019, right now I prefer the Oasis comparing to Allure for instance...but my favourite ship is Wonder, with the best of all the oasis class (in my opinion, of course) 🙂Personally  we were not that impressed with labadee, but understand the idea of days to just relax.