B2B Gty question

Nope.  Tried for our last B2B.  Once you are assigned a room, you can look to see if there are the same rooms available on both cruises (must be in the same class), then call and ask to switch.  But like the previous poster said, highly unlikely.

8 minutes ago, nanseev said:

Nope.  Tried for our last B2B.  Once you are assigned a room, you can look to see if there are the same rooms available on both cruises (must be in the same class), then call and ask to switch.  But like the previous poster said, highly unlikely.

Did you make that call ?

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Hey all , 

Seems like it would not be an option , but is there anyway to secure the same stateroom for B2B sailings if booking Gty cabin ?

Thx

Seems to me that would defeat the definition and lower price of a Gty room.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Hey all , 

Seems like it would not be an option , but is there anyway to secure the same stateroom for B2B sailings if booking Gty cabin ?

Thx

Theoretically possible, but extremely rare that there will be the same cabin available on both legs that matches the category that you are assigned.

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Can be months before sailing up until the day of sailing.  Lately it has been close to sailing

1 further related question... 

Example-- Lets say I booked an inside cabin and down the road I see a price drop (before final) , and also I notice that a balcony is then priced at or below my original interior . I assume I would always be able to (level up) my category and reprice at current pricing ? 

Am I assuming correctly ?

10 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

1 further related question... 

Example-- Lets say I booked an inside cabin and down the road I see a price drop (before final) , and also I notice that a balcony is then priced at or below my original interior . I assume I would always be able to (level up) my category and reprice at current pricing ? 

After finsll you can always "level up" at current rates but you won't get any refund if the price of that level up is lower. 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good luck with your plan!

Naaah , there likely will not be any "plan" enacted . Well , not with the B2B Gty side. I will certainly Plan to use the knowledge provided to make the best of booking Gty cabins going forward though ,(with the possibility of upgrading)

Have only been comfortable booking Neighborhood balcony Gty so far ,but in February I tried an inside cabin for the first time to try it out and we had no problem at all with it .. Actually preferred it in some ways . Been trying to book for Feb/24 , Oct/24 and Feb/25 this weekend , so trying to keep all options open .

Thx. again

• Like 1

No.  B2b cruises are simply two separate cruises. While Royal does set up the turnaround day to accommodate everyone, they do not do anything else.  We book b2b in the same cabin by booking far enough out.  Our TA can search for them easier than we can (so can the Next Cruise people onboard) so we do it that way. 

We would never book a guarantee or Royal Up no matter the length of the cruise. Not worth it to us. We like to select our own deck and cabin number not let RC do it for us. Doing a B2B and having to unpack, organize everything only to have to pack back up and unpack again and reorganize again, no way. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Yes, except very late in the booking cycle (usually inside final payment) those lower priced offerings may be for new bookings only. In that case it may not happen. 

17 hours ago, BND said:

No.  B2b cruises are simply two separate cruises. While Royal does set up the turnaround day to accommodate everyone, they do not do anything else.  We book b2b in the same cabin by booking far enough out.  Our TA can search for them easier than we can (so can the Next Cruise people onboard) so we do it that way. 

We have had quite a few "consecutive cruisers" lunches during the past.