Celebrity used to be a step above the rest....Not anymore

tiggypooo

17 hours ago, ebtrip said:

We leave on Saturday on Equinox. Always book Aqua. Hope Blu is as great as it has always been.  Last time we sailed X was January 2920.  Have sailed 4 times on Viking Ocean since then.  They were great. A very different experience than X. As Elite Plus, we have a booking on Azamara,  which will be our second cruise with them, and we are Discovery Plus, so have gotten our Elite Plus perks. 

You'll have to try the meat loaf on the Blu menu...........

On 9/6/2023 at 8:39 PM, deliver42 said:

When you leave the YC on MSC your on Carnival.

We only left YC to go to a show or specialty dining, which was on the same floor. We did venture out on a port day to see the rest of the ship. Going out there when the masses are on the ship makes you appreciate YC more.  

Remember, they will bring you the Pizza!

On 9/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, ebtrip said:

We leave on Saturday on Equinox. Always book Aqua. Hope Blu is as great as it has always been.  Last time we sailed X was January 2920.  Have sailed 4 times on Viking Ocean since then.  They were great. A very different experience than X. As Elite Plus, we have a booking on Azamara,  which will be our second cruise with them, and we are Discovery Plus, so have gotten our Elite Plus perks. 

We got off a 12 day cruise on the Summit less than 2 weeks ago.  We were in Aqua Class and it is not what we expected.  We have sailed in AQ many times and since Covid it has gone down hill.  The menu daily was lackluster in Blue.  Our cabin was nice but we never got our robes, our welcome bottle of champagne and we had to ask for our 2 bottles of water.  In 12 days we only ate in Blu twice for dinner.  We will not travel in AQ from here on out unless things change.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IBsaved said:

We got off a 12 day cruise on the Summit less than 2 weeks ago.  We were in Aqua Class and it is not what we expected.  We have sailed in AQ many times and since Covid it has gone down hill.  The menu daily was lackluster in Blue.  Our cabin was nice but we never got our robes, our welcome bottle of champagne and we had to ask for our 2 bottles of water.  In 12 days we only ate in Blu twice for dinner.  We will not travel in AQ from here on out unless things change.  

In Florida right now, will board Equinox tomorrow. I’ll cross my fingers in hopes it’s as good as it has been. 

• Like 3

Sadly things have really gone down hill since Lisa left and Laura took over; they really are down grading it to Royal Caribbean and Princess level which is hugely disappointing because it used to be amazing.  We board the Beyond in 10 days and this will be the first Cruise in a very long time that I don't visit the Future Cruise Desk - time to start looking at alternatives so I enjoyed reading peoples comments about Oceania and Azamara!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Huffvancouver said:

Sadly things have really gone down hill since Lisa left and Laura took over; they really are down grading it to Royal Caribbean and Princess level which is hugely disappointing because it used to be amazing.  We board the Beyond in 10 days and this will be the first Cruise in a very long time that I don't visit the Future Cruise Desk - time to start looking at alternatives so I enjoyed reading peoples comments about Oceania and Azamara!  

I asked my TA about Princess for an Alaska cruise.  She wasn’t impressed.  Said her mother went on a cruise recently.  I’m checking other lines.

5 hours ago, IBsaved said:

I’m in Aqua in 3 months.  I’d really like to hear from anyone else about Aqua.  Is it really this bad?

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

I asked my TA about Princess for an Alaska cruise.  She wasn’t impressed.  Said her mother went on a cruise recently.  I’m checking other lines.

That wouldn’t be enough for me. What do you have in common with your TA’s mother?  Even on this board, there are few posters whose opinions I value. The rest are just noise. 

Anyway, for Alaska, itinerary should take precedence over cruise line or ship. I made that mistake and still haven’t seen Glacier Bay. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

That wouldn’t be enough for me. What do you have in common with your TA’s mother?  Even on this board, there are few posters whose opinions I value. The rest are just noise. 

Anyway, for Alaska, itinerary should take precedence over cruise line or ship. I made that mistake and still haven’t seen Glacier Bay. 

Am I the value or the noise?  🥸

I won’t let one person decide for me.  I’ll do my own homework.  But a TA deals with multiple clients each with their own opinion about a previous trip.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Am I the value or the noise?  🥸

I won’t let one person decide for me.  I’ll do my own homework.  But a TA deals with multiple clients each with their own opinion about a previous trip.

I find you both valuable and quite noisy 😂

Lots of good info in this thread: 

15 hours ago, zitsky said:

I sailed Holland America to Alaska in May of this year and thought they did a nice job.  If you go on HAL the benefits of booking Club Orange are worth the money.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 11:32 PM, zitsky said:

Holland is good and does glacier bay.

just got back from Alaska on Grand Princess and spoke to folks from HAL ships. They were satisfied with HAL very much

• Like 1