Is it just my imagination. . .

hankandteri

. . . or has Celebrity been quietly slipping some more imaginative/less bland options into the MDR dinner menus over the last few days?

For our upcoming cruise, the appetizers mostly look as dull and repetitive as they have since the recent menu shift, but the mains now include something I’d want to order on most nights. 

Could it be that they are listening?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We were on Edge at start of August.  We ate in MDRs every night.  We found there to be plenty of options and we usually had two or three dishes we were very keen on.

Each MRD had 3 or 4 special starters, mains and desserts plus the permanent standbys and other choices, so there were over a dozen different options for each course.

We never went hungry!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Oooh what have you noticed and on what ship 

Silhouette on 10/22. More fish and shellfish dishes (beyond the everyday salmon) along with more interesting poultry and red meat offerings. Looks like one or two new offerings every day have been added to the menus on the app. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hankandteri said:

. . . or has Celebrity been quietly slipping some more imaginative/less bland options into the MDR dinner menus over the last few days?

For our upcoming cruise, the appetizers mostly look as dull and repetitive as they have since the recent menu shift, but the mains now include something I’d want to order on most nights. 

Could it be that they are listening?

I don't trust anything further out than what is happening onboard right now.  So I took a look at this week's menu for the Constellation - no improvement noted there.  I keep hoping, though, and will check their next sailing embarking Sep 4th.  I've noticed Silhouette and E-class menus do look better than the rest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

My infinity cruise in 2 weeks is still only showing desserts 😆. I will be living on Crème Brûlée 

They are not showing the PBJ sandwich ?
How about the egg salad ?

Please tell me the franks and beans are still there .

Only kidding 🤣

I hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

5 hours ago, hankandteri said:

Silhouette on 10/22. More fish and shellfish dishes (beyond the everyday salmon) along with more interesting poultry and red meat offerings. Looks like one or two new offerings every day have been added to the menus on the app. 

I'd love more fish and shellfish but it's also the protein that easiest to destroy by overcooking. I've had very few fish dishes on the ship in the MDR that I would consider ordering again. It's sad because I'm not really a big red meat eater either so there are nights I struggle to piece together a meal. 

7 hours ago, hankandteri said:

The menus in the App are NOT correct for future cruise dates.  Look at the current sailing to get an idea of what will be offered when you sail.  Are the items you are interested in available on the current sailing? If not, you're bound to be disappointed.

7 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

My infinity cruise in 2 weeks is still only showing desserts 😆. I will be living on Crème Brulé 

Crème Brulé on the Celebrity ships is as good as it is here.

A second order tastes as good as the first !

A third order---- only if you are by yourself. Otherwise the " don't ya know it's got tooooo much  etc etc ".  The " But I'm on vacation " doesn't work in these parts !!

As an aside--- we never look at the menus prior to the cruise-- no point in case there is a change and I wouldn't embarrass myself complaining about it.

"Hey, get a load of that guy at table 134 -- he's upset that we don't have no round tomatoes and is gonna post it on Cruise Critics ".

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

My infinity cruise in 2 weeks is still only showing desserts 😆. I will be living on Crème Brûlée 

Imho, you could do worse ... gotta love that créme brulée!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

The menus in the App are NOT correct for future cruise dates.  Look at the current sailing to get an idea of what will be offered when you sail.  Are the items you are interested in available on the current sailing? If not, you're bound to be disappointed.

I’m sure I’m missing the obvious here but how do we view menus for current sailings? I’ve looked ahead at what they have online for my sailing (in four weeks) and have booked Tuscan Grille for the evening that looks the least appealing. Maybe I’ve been too hasty?

I must admit, the apparent abundance of soups and mashed potatoes is not filling me with optimism…

You may be right, I've just looked at our 11th October sailing on the Silhouette and it definitely feels like there are more items on the menu and some that I would order! I was starting to think about contingency plans when I looked last week.

4 hours ago, Malibustacey79 said:

I’m sure I’m missing the obvious here but how do we view menus for current sailings? I’ve looked ahead at what they have online for my sailing (in four weeks) and have booked Tuscan Grille for the evening that looks the least appealing. Maybe I’ve been too hasty?

I must admit, the apparent abundance of soups and mashed potatoes is not filling me with optimism…

Celebrity has always had great soup....hot and cold   

Mashed pot..would not enjoy..

9 hours ago, Malibustacey79 said:

I’m sure I’m missing the obvious here but how do we view menus for current sailings? ...

Click on the calendar icon at the top center of the app; click on " Change Ship/Dates" at the bottom, scroll down to "Browse our ships >" at the bottom of the screen then choose the ship and its current itinerary.

1 hour ago, dreamer321 said:

Click on the calendar icon at the top center of the app; click on " Change Ship/Dates" at the bottom, scroll down to "Browse our ships >" at the bottom of the screen then choose the ship and its current itinerary.

Great, thanks so much for that 😊