Platinum perks can I bring my husband (gold)??

SpainAlien

This is my second cruise as Platinum and last time I enjoyed both the ship tour and wines around the world. My husband is currently Gold and won't be Platinum until after our next cruise, is he allowed to accompany me on either of these perks?

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

This is my second cruise as Platinum and last time I enjoyed both the ship tour and wines around the world. My husband is currently Gold and won't be Platinum until after our next cruise, is he allowed to accompany me on either of these perks?

No, I know someone that tried. After signing up you will receive a letter in your cabin stating when, where and also states for Platinum and above.

• Like 1

For the ship tour, I asked nicely the day before while signing up.  Because it's capacity controlled, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  This was pre-pandemic so not sure if things have subsequently changed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

definitely no on the ship tour.

had this problem on my Joy cruise last week. woman bought her husband, who was gold.

the cruisenext person leading the tour nicely explained that each tour is capped at 25 because physical space limitations at some areas in the tour and there's a waiting list of other Platinums and above.

Probably the same for wine's event.

• Like 2

Well, I’m glad this question was asked….I assumed I could bring my husband to these now that I’m eligible but I guess I won’t bother to sign up for either until I take another solo trip.  NEW QUESTION…I am platinum, he is not….I assume we can board together when platinums are called at embarkation?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Well, I’m glad this question was asked….I assumed I could bring my husband to these now that I’m eligible but I guess I won’t bother to sign up for either until I take another solo trip.  NEW QUESTION…I am platinum, he is not….I assume we can board together when platinums are called at embarkation?

go do the free ship tour!

it's different on each ship.

even if it's not, i enjoy doing it on the same ship.

i was on the Joy last month and this month. the 2nd time around, i got to ask questions that came to mind AFTER the tour.

And one i decided not to ask: Is the production show singer pregnant? 😲

go do the free wine tasting.

they are mostly the same 8 wines but sometimes a ship can have 1 or 2 different ones.

yes priority.

priority embarkation based on highest level in the cabin.

not only priory boarding but also priority registration.

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

go do the free ship tour!

it's different on each ship.

even if it's not, i enjoy doing it on the same ship. (was on the Joy last month and this month. the 2nd time around, i got to ask questions that came to mind AFTER the tour)

yes priority.

priority embarkation based on highest level in the cabin

Thanks…i was hoping that was the case.  My husband was actually looking forward to the behind the scenes tour, as was I (not enough to pay separately for it though 😎).  I’d feel bad going without him, so I guess I’ll wait till I go solo again.

10 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Thanks…i was hoping that was the case.  My husband was actually looking forward to the behind the scenes tour, as was I (not enough to pay separately for it though 😎).  I’d feel bad going without him, so I guess I’ll wait till I go solo again.

you're a thoughtful wife.

i edited my post since your reply with an interesting comment about a singer.

the paid version gets you 3 more areas:

provisions- how they bring all that food onboard on embarkation day and the different huge freezers where they store it. (bring a sweater, they're cold!)

environmental- water quality on board (bathroom sink water same as buffet water from dispenser), making their own fresh water from sea water, disposing of food into the sea, recycling, burning of trash that can't be recycled, etc

captain's bridge- don't know if this is done anymore because security concerns

NOT worth it without the captain's bridge tour

Edited by fstuff1

6 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I will be Sapphire and my dh will miss being Sapphire by 1 day but he won't get to go to the officers dinner. Just the way it is.

Pre pandemic, we successfully did the dinner with mixed level. All depends on demand. 

51 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

you're a thoughtful wife.

i edited my post since your reply with an interesting comment about a singer.

the paid version gets you 3 more areas:

provisions- how they bring all that food onboard on embarkation day and the different huge freezers where they store it. (bring a sweater, they're cold!)

environmental- water quality on board (bathroom sink water same as buffet water from dispenser), making their own fresh water from sea water, disposing of food into the sea, recycling, burning of trash that can't be recycled, etc

captain's bridge- don't know if this is done anymore because security concerns

NOT worth it without the captain's bridge tour

I took a paid Behind the Scenes Tour in April on the Epic and it included the bridge.

Surprisingly if you sailed with RC you could bring your partner as they can get the same tier benefits even if their points say differently

From crown and anchor

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated according to the number of nights sailed. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the Crown & Anchor program.

On 8/31/2023 at 1:41 PM, chefchick said:

I’d feel bad going without him, so I guess I’ll wait till I go solo again.

is your husband a late riser, by any chance? these tours are often at 8 or 8:30 am. he could sleep in, while you do the tour.

• Like 1