Britannia

Bin man

Execs (including Mr. Ludlow complete with man bag and with his hands in his pockets) stood around for a few minutes and one got his tape measure out. Then they left the engineers to get on with it. Get the biggest lump hammer out....

Edited by DamianG
  • Haha 14

Looking at the damage and how far the lifeboat which was damaged is a fair distance apart maybe she was lucky in that respect there wasn't more damaged sustained . The damage has gone rusty very quickly in the salt air will need lots of paint once straightened out .What a job to sort out 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Looking at the damage and how far the lifeboat which was damaged is a fair distance apart maybe she was lucky in that respect there wasn't more damaged sustained . The damage has gone rusty very quickly in the salt air will need lots of paint once straightened out .What a job to sort out 

Halfords , a few tins of Duplicolour and a few bottles of T Cut ,should sort it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

What are the odds of P&O boarding the passengers for the next cruise today and then telling them that they are not sailing for a couple of days ? 

Am guessing as it is Britannia if passengers ask if the cruise is to take place they'll be told to enquire on board!!!

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

What are the odds of P&O boarding the passengers for the next cruise today and then telling them that they are not sailing for a couple of days ? 

The alternative being send them all home, put them in a travelodge, or tuck them up in their cabin nice and warm with an abundance of food and entertainment......your vote is..?.🤣

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

BBC South lunchtime news going to have an interview with two passengers off her shortly.

I thought P&O were the champions of the non-disclosure agreement about virtually everything.

Everything crossed the new passengers embark, Britannia leaves on time and they all have a lovely holiday.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

I thought P&O were the champions of the non-disclosure agreement about virtually everything.

Everything crossed the new passengers embark, Britannia leaves on time and they all have a lovely holiday.

P&O confirmed lifeboat removed for repair and ship sails 20:00 this evening.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

BBC South lunchtime news going to have an interview with two passengers off her shortly.

No doubt they will tell the beeb what a wonderful holiday they had. That won't go out. Don't fit the doom and gloom agenda.

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

No doubt they will tell the beeb what a wonderful holiday they had. That won't go out. Don't fit the doom and gloom agenda.

9 minutes ago, Bin man said:

The large lifeboat is still on the ship 

No idea just repeating what P&O spokesman said in interview on BBC and as now reported on BBC website.

2 minutes ago, bluebelle said:

Friends are joining / have joined the ship today, and I hope it all goes well for them.  Why did P&O make 350 people fly home if the ship is safe to travel?

Although technically she was safe to sail, she had two damaged lifeboats which means they had to reduce the passenger numbers accordingly to meet the quota that the remaining lifeboats could carry.

I hope your friends have a wonderful time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CarlaMarie said:

Although technically she was safe to sail, she had two damaged lifeboats which means they had to reduce the passenger numbers accordingly to meet the quota that the remaining lifeboats could carry.

I hope your friends have a wonderful time!

BiL& SiL have joined today. They always say how much they enjoy their cruised.🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Looks like Britannia has a gap in its schedule 6th to 20th April 2024 so likely to get a full repair then?

What was there before? I thought that period is usually a Canaries cruise in previous years - it seems to be in 2025 as well.

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

What was there before? I thought that period is usually a Canaries cruise in previous years - it seems to be in 2025 as well.

I have no idea, just thought I'd take a look at the future cruises online and spotted the gap.