Jim_Iain - First Non-Celebrity Cruise in 22 year - Ponant vs Celebrity Comparison

Jim_Iain

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

After someone grabbed my bag by mistake at Port Everglades a couple years ago I bought these for our bags.   

IMG_6493.jpeg

Jim: these are great.  I see others in bright colors on Amazon, but not these specifically.  Do you recall where you got them?

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TFree said:

Jim: these are great.  I see others in bright colors on Amazon, but not these specifically.  Do you recall where you got them?

Tom & Judy

I think I got the Red Suit  Bag at Marshall's -   It is incredible what it can hold.   We have 2 suits, pants 14 shirts, undergarments and most of my electronics in it. 

The other bag was actually a freeby from Samsonite.    I bought in an old Canvas Samsonite Suite bag to have the zipper replaced.   They said they couldn't do it as the bag was so old.     As I was leaving --- he said why don't you take this -  brand new with labels still on it.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think I got the Red Suit  Bag at Marshall's -   It is incredible what it can hold.   We have 2 suits, pants 14 shirts, undergarments and most of my electronics in it. 

The other bag was actually a freeby from Samsonite.    I bought in an old Canvas Samsonite Suite bag to have the zipper replaced.   They said they couldn't do it as the bag was so old.     As I was leaving --- he said why don't you take this -  brand new with labels still on it.  

Jim – sorry, I was actually referring to the “not your bag“ handle wrap. I am just going to order some brightly colored ones if I can’t find that specific one.

Tom & Judy

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

that was a nice gift!

we just replaced  the wheels on an American Tourister wheelie carryon.  Repair cost $40..but would cost much more to replace the bag.  Only 1 place around here does the repairs now....it was worth the long  drive to drop off and pick up.

Our most recent luggage is from WALMART...works ok for our current needs! Mostly to and from Fl.

We use bright orange velcro neoprene   handle wraps, and very  colorful paper string on all our bags!  Easy to spot. Best of course is if we can walk off a ship..

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Only took 5 minutes for a Lyft and 10 to airport

Saturdays are really quiet and zipped through Pre

Plane so s already here and boarding begins in 20 minutes

IMG_6498.thumb.jpeg.1555f4c50fbd445681605a3de0435e11.jpeg

IMG_6499.thumb.jpeg.5a012e79d6c1ac7e2cf27c6046bc9a5c.jpeg

IMG_6501.thumb.jpeg.168c76d1f1fbc5367aa9bd97b5516ff4.jpeg

Wow! So quiet! Looks like a better start to your trip that the flight to FLL earlier this year! Enjoy! Elizabeth

• Like 1

Lots of legroom on Exit row and all the middle seats in Premier Sections are empty. 

The pilot pushed back 10 minutes early and was in the air shortly there after. 

BTW TMobile give free text and internet on United.   I know some of you like to disconnect but I feel naked without connectivity. 

IMG_6503.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yahoo...   I just booked the place in Lymington.     The host confirmed within 5 minutes.

We spent a couple days in the New Forest hiking and just enjoying the area.  We also were able to take a ferry to Isle of Wight and visit Osborn House -  recommended highly.

I do remember following your COVID quarantine on your interrupted B2B2B and your positive comments on Lymington and the Airbnb. Very happy you were able to book the unit again and under better circumstances ! The unit looks, and from your description, sounds fantastic!

Safe travels today!

looks and sounds fantastic from your description and its location.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

A great success story.      Here's a link to Chestnut Cottage

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50547310?source_impression_id=p3_1694272050_rvpBfbZ5xqNhj0K%2B

All top end appliances and every conceivable thing you would need in the kitchen.  He also leaves a welcome basket with Wine, Scones, Jam and Clotted Cream, butter and a loaf of bread -  

It's located off the High Street and has a private gate to the 4 units in the picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.bc6a2551214eb20273abbea1d70f6e41.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.751ec73cd5211d196f5d13c4bd3378bc.jpeg

Boy, you sure do have good taste. I'm sure lain would agree. 😉

We are in Denver and  needed food.   I remembered that Chase Sapphire Reserve includes Priority Pass as a perk.  I fired it up and since there is  no lounge they have designated restaurants.  

For the 2 of us we get $56 in credit on anything ordered.    Covered our whole Lunch/Dinner

We thought it best to grab a meal as we don’t arrive until after 9:00. 

IMG_6510.thumb.png.1491e8d12ff5c08f9e8c9472cc44d170.png

IMG_6512.thumb.png.b5f04c9a759c6110a7e852b7e5816d31.png

• Like 1

Looking forward to the trip review…. as always😀

Glad you booked the cottage in Lymington. When we sailed yachts it was our favourite port to moor up. Great bars and restaurants.

You May remember Winnie our chocolate Labrador who swam out to the Silhouette on you cruise to Spain from Southampton (okay I chucked a tennis ball). She was born in Lymington. Her grandfather was a US show champion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Looking forward to the trip review…. as always😀

Glad you booked the cottage in Lymington. When we sailed yachts it was our favourite port to moor up. Great bars and restaurants.

You May remember Winnie our chocolate Labrador who swam out to the Silhouette on you cruise to Spain from Southampton (okay I chucked a tennis ball). She was born in Lymington. Her grandfather was a US show champion.

That I remember.  Love Labs and Goldens.  

On 9/8/2023 at 3:46 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Ohhh.... don't remind me.    I don't think I need a covid card but will be bringing it along and a number of Covid Tests.....

Yes, do bring tests. When we got home from our Apex cruise last month, hubby said we’re fine. 3 days later….positive!  
Marie

On 9/1/2023 at 5:58 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks much -   It will really be helpful if some of you recommend other cruise lines to explore.    I think high on our demand list are itineraries other than the standard Caribbean and Mediterranean and of a duration 14+ days.  

Top on my list is a life long dream to visit Africa.   

Crystal Cruises & Windstar are worth looking at as well:)