Free Burgers??

Scubadoc

13 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Windjammer burgers are fine, I just wouldn't call them "delicious"....  🙂

Ok ,me no delicious or fine, Guy's Burgers on Carnival...just can't believe  have payed  royal so much for 5 beers .🤪

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, KroozNut said:

It does all the time..

How in the world would there be confusion? Are you suggesting some non-paying non-passenger might wander onto the ship and expect free burgers when they haven’t paid a cruise fare?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Is that why they're cold and hard?  Doesn't matter, I'll still request a fresh one....and get it.

Weird flex, but I hope you enjoy it.  

20 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I honestly have never had one, but most lunches in the Windjammer are full of individuals with burgers.  

Burgers are definitely the most popular choice at lunch.  If they were as bad as some people claim, people wouldn't choose them after the first day.  

Personally, being low-carb, I pretty much always eat the same lunch:  a large green salad and a bit of chicken or fish.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sitting for a while under a heat lamp dries them out a bunch.  I am also Keto but we eat the meat on lettuce with mayo/mustard.  But they are usually cold and hard, hence I ask for one as I wait, I've watched them put it on the grill behind the counter.  I love burgers, but they should be juicy, fatty and topped with cheese and bacon! 😋  To each their own.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2023 at 9:43 AM, BecciBoo said:

Is that why they're cold and hard?  Doesn't matter, I'll still request a fresh one....and get it.

You sound like the kind of guest that the crew despises.. it's Burger King, so I want it like I want it! 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2023 at 10:53 AM, GimmeOcean said:

As a general comment here, we all need to remember that nothing is ever 'delicious' on any cruise ship, or any cruise line...

That's a bunch of crap.. there are so many things that are delicious on most cruise ships and lines, but it does vary by cruise ship and line. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2023 at 3:44 AM, vjmatty said:

How in the world would there be confusion? Are you suggesting some non-paying non-passenger might wander onto the ship and expect free burgers when they haven’t paid a cruise fare?

Not at all, but more to the point that a lot of guests pay their up-front fares/costs (which includes a lot of onboard food), and then get really excited about their 'free' burgers onboard (which they've already paid for, of course).

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 8:53 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

I don't think walking into the Windjammer is all that difficult a task ... it's quite close to the pools.  

Oh, but some people think it takes too much time to throw on a cover-up/t-shirt and slip on flip flops to walk in and get it. And then you have to remove the cover-up/t-shirt and flip-flops to swim again.

On 9/4/2023 at 1:04 PM, UK Fan 78 said:

For some reason, I think Wipeout Cafe used to have them on Allure. That was a long time ago. I could be wrong though.

You are correct. I'm not sure if the Wipeout has now been transformed into some other type if food venue or not.

20 hours ago, KroozNut said:

You sound like the kind of guest that the crew despises.. it's Burger King, so I want it like I want it! 🤨

I don't consider it unreasonable to want a freshly cooked burger instead of a cold and hard one.   For any crew that has a problem with that, I really don't care what they think.  There is a reason that the "Have it your way" was a huge thing and even McDonald's backed off on their previous, "Like it or Lump It" philosophy.  If cruise food is compared to a crappy drive-thru, I'd hope the cruise would come out ahead, but that seems unreasonable to you.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I don't consider it unreasonable to want a freshly cooked burger instead of a cold and hard one.   For any crew that has a problem with that, I really don't care what they think.  There is a reason that the "Have it your way" was a huge thing and even McDonald's backed off on their previous, "Like it or Lump It" philosophy.  If cruise food is compared to a crappy drive-thru, I'd hope the cruise would come out ahead, but that seems unreasonable to you.  

Agree. When we cruise with Celebrity, I always ask to have the 'burger cooked my way at the mast/pool grill. Medium with the cheese melted. Not over cooked like a piece of charcoal and a piece of cold cheese slapped on top. Well worth the wait. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2

Just now, bretts173 said:

But there is a difference between a buffet and a grill. Windjammer has 100s of items coming out consistently, imagine the issues if everyone wanted everything cooked the way they like it.

Someone is only and always stationed at the grill. The vast majority of WJ food selections do not require requests. If so too bad! 

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are correct. I'm not sure if the Wipeout has now been transformed into some other type if food venue or not.

Shoot I remember when Vision Class had Burger, Fries, Hot Dogs and Pizza available 24hrs a day in the Solarium. Now got to pay room service to eat these most hrs. Use to be every sea day there was a Barbecue cooked up on the pool deck. They also had a little table for every 2 Loungers which was nice keep your stuff off the Deck and dry. In Windjammer they had huge Cafeteria Trays sliding it along as food handed to you, not self serve. Was nice so you didnt have to back 3 trips carry your meal to your table. Funny thing was WJ a Cafeteria style breakfast/Lunch inc Trays the food was on China then, now plastic plates/bowls. Though Dinner in WJ was still kinda fancy, had table cloths, candles, wait staff to bring drinks and you could order off the menu or take a tray up

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Someone is only and always stationed at the grill. The vast majority of WJ food selections do not require requests. If so too bad! 

Yep.. too bad for the poor folks waiting in line behind you. Nice attitude! 🤨

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

Yep.. too bad for the poor folks waiting in line behind you. Nice attitude! 🤨

Thank you. I don't know what you would do. What I do is step aside and let others thru. When the cook finishes my order he calls out to me, hands me my plate with 'burger and I move on.  😁

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

It's still there, but it's now serving the El Loco Fresh menu.  Good news for some, less good for others. 🫤

Yes, some people seem to really like it. I can't say that I was all that impressed with it. I did like the Wipeout Cafe as it was.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 8:08 AM, KroozNut said:

What? 🤔

D+ get 5 us$ drinks per day . Cruse is in US dollars .burgers are fair at best . Carnival in au$ and have guys burgers with out swiping card . Is that free 🤔🤣🤣🤣