Sky Suite Listed Amenities

OceanCruise

This is some of the current verbiage on Celebrity website for the Beyond Sky Suite that I booked for 2024. I  highlighted some of the "questionable" areas as the marketing seems a bit disingenuous IMO given the current reports. Are any waters actually in the room and has anyone asked for "afternoon savories" and "fresh fruit" recently and received it? Are we supposed to call the concierge or room service for these? Does the in-suite dining include the Luminae and/or MDR menus for that day or just a very limited standard room service menu?

"All our suites on Celebrity Beyond feature fresh color palettes and design details by Kelly Hoppen. As always, you’ll enjoy a butler, so you never have to lift a finger, along with luxurious amenities like eXhale® bedding, king-sized CashmereTM mattresses designed exclusively for Celebrity, and plush Frette robes and slippers—just to name a few. And now, when you book The Retreat, every guest in your suite receives premium drinks, premium Wi-Fi, tips, and an onboard credit to use however you choose. We’ve thought of every detail, so you don’t have to think about a thing."

Exclusive services and amenities

• Daily delivery of afternoon savories upon request
  • Afternoon tea event hosted in The Retreat Lounge
  • Complimentary 24-hour room service
  • Complimentary use of umbrella and binoculars
  • Complimentary shoe shine service

World-class cuisine

• Exclusive access to Luminae at The Retreat
  • Dine in the main restaurant
  • Complimentary 24-hour in-suite dining, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Thoughtfully curated amenities

• Complimentary welcome bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary in-suite specialty coffees and bottled water.
  • Fresh fruit delivered upon request
  • Like 2

Full disclosure - we have not sailed since the shift from a Butler to a Butler Team but my understand is:

1) There is a separate room service menu for those sailing in a suite.  It is not the MDR or Luminae menu and does not change deity.  

2) The water in the room is part of the mini-bar and is no longer included.  Ask your stateroom attendant to remove any "non-free" items from the minibar and stock from the coolers in the Lounge. 

3) For fresh fruit or canapés talk with the butler team or the Retreat Host in the Lounge and let them know your preference.  As it says, they have gone from daily to upon request. 

4) Yes, room service for suites is free.  As stated above, there is a separate menu to suite guest. You can view it on the Celebrity App. 

5) I am not sure about the "in-suite specialty coffees and bottled water" .. I have had our butler deliver specialty coffee's in the mornings but now that the in-room water is no longer included and there is no dedicated butler this may have changed.  Pretty sure you could ask the Retreat host to have specialty coffee and water delivered and see what happens. 

Hopefully someone coming off a recent cruise can verify / correct the above. 

• Like 1

I totally agree with OceanCruise. I have the exact same questions for the most part. I did look at the room service menu in the app. But everyone is saying the water is extra in the mini fridge but they state they are offering bottled water so which is it? I plan to try to get specialty coffee deleivered since they advertise it…I hope they can make it work. The Retreat was a splurge for me and my husband and I have been regretting my decision lately. I plan to go in positive and have a wonderful time either way but it’s hard not to be worried. It was either the Retreat on the Beyond or the Rock Star suite on Virgin Voyages. The Rock Star suite comes with a dedicated butler and mini fridge…. They need to change their advertising because expecting people to carry a tote bag full of water to their room is lifting quite a few fingers if you ask me. I get it’s first world problems but whatever. Everywhere has gotten so expensive and quality and service has plummeted. Just did a mock booking of our SS in April 2024 and the price is 1,200 dollars MORE then we paid when we booked the beginning of August about a month ago. 

• Like 2

I can tell you what the butler told me on my Summit cruise last month. The 2 large evian bottles were complimentary, but once they were gone, if I wanted more, there would be a charge. We did finish the evian bottles and they were replaced by small aluminum water at no charge without asking.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

I can tell you what the butler told me on my Summit cruise last month. The 2 large evian bottles were complimentary, but once they were gone, if I wanted more, there would be a charge. We did finish the evian bottles and they were replaced by small aluminum water at no charge without asking.

Really dislike the aluminum cans , I will order some imported water bottles next cruise since I have a royal suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

On our Eclipse cruise in a Sky Suite last week, we polished off our 2 bottles Evian after a few days.  Our Butler Team representative (aka our room steward) didn't bother to replace them with the small aluminum bottles, nor did he ask if there was something else we would have preferred.  

As for evening canapés or fresh fruit, I picked up the phone and called Room Service.  Quick, efficient delivery.  When we wanted coffee, I either called Room Service or walked down to Cafe Al Bacio (there was no in-suite specialty coffee available in our Sky Suite).  

Nice bathrobes.  Bed was very comfortable.  Dining in Luminae was wonderful.  

Butler service?  Hardly knew ya!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, George C said:

Really dislike the aluminum cans , I will order some imported water bottles next cruise since I have a royal suite.

There was premium still water in the Retreat Lounge fridge. Aqua Panna I think. Sparkling Pellegrino too.

• Like 1

We had a Sky Suite on the Equinox the week before last and our stateroom attendant told us that the first two bottles of Evian were free but we’d pay for additional bottles if we drank them, and that only continental breakfast was free from room service. I tried to point out that all room service was advertised as being complimentary for retreat guests, but he showed me the room service menu that stated the $9.95 charge for hot breakfast items. We knew there was no butler, and that was fine with us. We basically had the larger room, Luminae, and the retreat lounge we could pop into for a soda or bottle of water without waiting in any lines. Those were the only real amenities and I’m honestly not sure if they’re worth the additional cost. 

You can stop by any bar and get the premium water no need to carry a tote bag full of water. We left our last cruise with a fridge full of premium water!! I enjoyed going down to the Retreat Lounge in the am and drink my latte while chatting with the attendant. After day 3 he always had it set up for us before we got there.  After we finished he always had one to go for us. Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, Shellyd22 said:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, xraymomma said:

We had a Sky Suite on the Equinox the week before last and our stateroom attendant told us that the first two bottles of Evian were free but we’d pay for additional bottles if we drank them, and that only continental breakfast was free from room service. I tried to point out that all room service was advertised as being complimentary for retreat guests, but he showed me the room service menu that stated the $9.95 charge for hot breakfast items. We knew there was no butler, and that was fine with us. We basically had the larger room, Luminae, and the retreat lounge we could pop into for a soda or bottle of water without waiting in any lines. Those were the only real amenities and I’m honestly not sure if they’re worth the additional cost. 

Did you order and were charged for anything not part of the continental breakfast?  Btw, for anyone not keeping track, there are many places where it's said that a Sky Suite comes  with room service, and places where the room service breakfast with a special menu is promoted. 

"When you’re on vacation, a long morning slumber with an indulgent breakfast in bed is always in the cards. Continental breakfast room service is complimentary on a cruise with Celebrity for all passengers. Guests of The Retreat receive complimentary room service for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Tuck into eggs, pancakes, and fresh fruit, or enjoy a cozy movie night with a burger and fries from the comfort of your cabin. There’s a mix of hot and cold all-day items, plus plenty of kids’ options to choose from."

Source:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/what-is-included-on-a-cruise (visited Sept. 8, 2023, 7:46 pm CT).

Screenshot_20230908_205251_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by Cap_D
  • Thanks 1

On the APP under dining and Loyalty & Suites it shows the Room Service menu for suites and no where does it say there is a charge.  It shows it on the Regular room service menu not the Retreat Room Service menu. The retreat room service breakfast menu also has more options. 

9 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Also on Celebrity website link below for Sky Suite benefits it specifically says image.png.047cb8db8a62e30effa80fe56fa02a5d.png

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/sky-suite?icid=xplrsh_wrnssn_sky_hm_other_173

We didn’t order anything other than the continental breakfast, so I don’t know if we would have been charged for it. All the ads clearly state that room service is included and that the retreat has an expanded room service menu. But the menu in our room had the charges listed on it, so we just didn’t bother. 

2 hours ago, Older Sister said:

When we wanted coffee, I either called Room Service or walked down to Cafe Al Bacio (there was no in-suite specialty coffee available in our Sky Suite).  

What that means is that they will deliver coffee from Al Bacio to your cabin for you. Only suites get this amenity.

2 minutes ago, xraymomma said:

We didn’t order anything other than the continental breakfast, so I don’t know if we would have been charged for it. All the ads clearly state that room service is included and that the retreat has an expanded room service menu. But the menu in our room had the charges listed on it, so we just didn’t bother. 

That printed menu is what is used in all rooms, including suites.  On our cruise last April & May we had breakfast in our room twice and and there was no charge.

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

There was premium still water in the Retreat Lounge fridge. Aqua Panna I think. Sparkling Pellegrino too.

Yes I always saw that the slight advantage royal suites and above have is that they still have the butler and they will restock fridge daily with your choices , really not a big thing , I do love the free specialty restaurants although on Summit not lots of choices but had a couple of nice dinners at Le Petit Chef and Sushi at 5 , Tuscan grill was a huge disappointment at least for the Italian food. 

2 hours ago, xraymomma said:

Some of the  attendants seem to be handling both suite and non Suite rooms so easy to get confused as to which gets what.  Room service has no charge for Suites, doesn’t matter whether hot or cold.  For non suite cabins there is a charge for room service with the exception of continental breakfast. The cabin attendant had the wrong RS menu.  

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

I am just ending a cruise on Infinity today and have had exactly the same experience. When Evian water was gone received two or sometimes 3 aluminum bottles every day. Of course with the drink package I can pick up a bottle of water at any bar anytime, if water supplied by room steward was not enough.

• Like 1

We were in a couple of SSs on the the 8/26 Edge cruise.  Same Day 1 advice on the 2 bottles of water so we just refilled our mini fridge withe the metal bottles and san pelligrino from the lounge.  We had hot room service breakfast in both suites 3x due to very early shore excursions and were never charged. Steward is now called the 'retreat host' which is a joke, as they do the same job.  3 Retreat Concierges in the lounge were nice and worked their butts off.  But management has left them high and dry due to short staffing. So you get 'some' benefits from being in a SS, but there is now a clear demarkation between a SS and all other suites.  

• Like 3

This is from the Celebrity website today under a mock booking for one of our 2024 cruises on Silhouette. Obviously, Celebrity is not being consistent with their misleading marketing. The verbiage and listed benefits for Sky Suites are very different depending on where you look on the website and IMO this is appalling and shows little regard for the consumer.  This Silhouette amenities list indicates bottled water is provided only upon embarkation day and is specific about room service. I do feel bad for passengers not on Cruise Critic that are in for a big surprise with the downgraded services.

Sunset Sky Suite

The perfectly designed Sky Suite offers a blend of expansive views and intimate luxury. These large suites feature a king-sized* bed with our signature eXhale® bedding and a spacious, private veranda. Be welcomed with a bottle of sparkling wine and enjoy the luxury of your butler throughout your stay. Plus, enjoy access to Luminae and The Retreat Lounge, exclusive for guests of The Retreat.

Stateroom amenities

• Sleeps 2-4. Studio, 1 bathroom. 366-379+ sqft
  • Large studio suite with seating area and large bathroom
  • Aft-facing spacious balcony
  • Mesmerizing views as the horizon drifts away
  • Access to The Retreat (The Retreat Lounge, and Luminae)
  • Spacious Veranda with lounge seating
  • Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • King sized* mattress & eXhale® bedding
  • Butler
  • Priority check-in when boarding the ship
  • Priority debarkation & tender service in all ports of call
  • Onboard Destination Concierge
  • Reserved theater seating on evening chic nights
  • Luminae room service breakfast menu
  • Complimentary 24-hour in-room dining upon request
  • Welcome bottle of Sparkling Wine
  • Daily delivery of delectable delights
  • Complimentary in-suite specialty coffee
  • Afternoon tea hosted in The Retreat Lounge
  • Frette Premium Terry Bathrobes, Towels, & Slippers
  • Pillow selection upon request
  • Co Bigelow Premium Bathroom Products
  • Bottled water on embarkation day
  • Complimentary use of umbrella and binoculars
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Interactive television system
  • Hair dryer
  • Like 1

Fully agree the discrepancies are numerous, the training is misaligned, and the the wow moments (that seem like exceptions) related to basics like a bottle of water are inconsistent.   

In my view the Evian seems unique to the room setups and minbar (maybe Luminae and lounge, too), while the aluminum/carton water is tied to the drink package.  In my view, the drink package items, especially prepackaged non-alcoholic, shouldn't be an extra charge or big deal, although they seem to be.  Then there's also the statements about not having to lift a finger, etc. that reasonably should mean someone will bring what you ask for if it's available and if there's an explicit disclosed charge (not contradicted by statements pre-cruise) then there's a charge.  Celebrity also conflates access, assistance (like a butler), and physical products, and costs throughout its marketing.  Consumers have a right to get what they were marketed.  

Bottom line:  Celebrity continues to promise a lot in its marketing, and passengers should keep asking.  Some of the communications from Celebrity even have statements about rest assured nothing has changed in what's provided (I take those as about products like room service, snacks etc., not necessarily how or from whom it's ordered or delivered).  The company and staff won't be proactive, and crew don't even know what's included, may be lazy, and at this point could be ready to quit.  Obstacles are plenty, but inclusive at this level and given management's orientation requires persistence. 

And, Celebrity has setup the crew to fail.  Housekeeper are now tasked with butler like engagement with guests, lounge staff are now overworked, food quality has tanked, and so on.  A terrific experience will require the equivalent of jujitsu (h/t to OP of a thread on a Med cruise used this term a few days ago).

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 1