Canaletto

Lizard13

We will be on the Eurodam for the first time and plan to eat at Canaletto. My only concern is the location.  On the Rotterdam it is in the same space or close to the buffet and seemed like it would be quite noisy.  Is this an issue on the Eurodam? Thanks for all the good info I get on this site.

We are on the Eurodam right now.  Ate in the Canaletto last night for the 2nd time. Same server, Sai.  Quiet, great, fast service,  a favorite venue!

unlike Pinacle, which was packed, terrible service, took 45 min before our orders were taken.  Food is great, but major management problems.

enjoy the Eurodam!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We also enjoy dinner at Tamarind on the Eurodam.

Mmm, the crispy duck!!!!! My next HAL cruise is on Zaandam, and I will miss Tamarind. 

I have the HIA package, so I will have dinner at Canaletto. on the website this morning, I see that the "sample" Caneletto menu appears to be the latest that's been posted here. @Loreto does the menu show the daily specials, and are lamb chops and veal caprese on the menu? That's what I'm seeing on the website. 

The website wouldn't show me the Pinnacle menu for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think the new specialty restaurant menus came into effect on the current cruise for Zaandam, we had the old ones but the change was scheduled at the conclusion of our cruise.

Nope, still showing the old menu for Zaandam on Navigator.

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Here's the new menu

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Canaletto-2023-New.pdf

It says: 

ROTATING VARIETY OF ITALIAN CLASSICS

Ask Your Waiter.

That isn't what the website is showing. I like the old menu better. It shows the daily specials. That could make a difference in what day I choose to go.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Current HAL website today for "Dining", with the disclaimer...... this is subject to change:

Specials

SUNDAY
Chicken Parmigiana
fresh buffalo mozzarella, tomato, basil roasted potato    

MONDAY
Osso Bucco Milanese
saffron risotto

TUESDAY
Beef Short Rib Brasato Barolo
creamy polenta, roasted turnips  

WEDNESDAY
Veal Liver Veneziana
mascarpone whipped potato

THURSDAY
Veal Saltimbocca Alla Romano
garlic spinach  

FRIDAY
Chicken Curry - Cipriani style
rice pilaf, apple, leek

SATURDAY
Grilled Jumbo Shrimp
jumbo shrimp, olive oil, garlic, rice pilaf

@OlsSalt, I found that list on HAL's site by going through "experience" and "dining." If I go into a cruise reservation, I see the same items, but formatted to look like an actual menu and no disclaimer other than saying "sample menu." I wish they would update the website. But as my mother used to say, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

5 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Mmm, the crispy duck!!!!! My next HAL cruise is on Zaandam, and I will miss Tamarind. 

I have the HIA package, so I will have dinner at Canaletto. on the website this morning, I see that the "sample" Caneletto menu appears to be the latest that's been posted here. @Loreto does the menu show the daily specials, and are lamb chops and veal caprese on the menu? That's what I'm seeing on the website. 

The website wouldn't show me the Pinnacle menu for some reason. 

OlsSalt posted a daily specials for Canaletto,but that. Was not what was offered on the Eurodam.  Last nite it was scallops. I had sea bass which was very good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Loreto said:

OlsSalt posted a daily specials for Canaletto,but that. Was not what was offered on the Eurodam.  Last nite it was scallops. I had sea bass which was very good.

Looks like we will be in for that very fun game they used to have on HAL ships- Various staff members  n the Culinary showroom as in two teams, had to make a dish from the same Mystery Box of ingredients. It got pretty wild.

We will just have to "pays our money and takes our chances" on  the Mystery Canaletto Special. Hope it is as much fun. 

• Like 3

I have a friend on Zaandam right now, she is not aware of any menu changes for specialty dining just yet. I think sometimes it's just better to take the menu that's handed to you and hope something appeals to you. Speculating far in advance about what day you should book is too much work for vacation. Lamenting about what used to be is wasted energy. Look at what is and hope it's good.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Here's the new menu

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Canaletto-2023-New.pdf

It says: 

ROTATING VARIETY OF ITALIAN CLASSICS

Ask Your Waiter.

I love the new menu because some of the previous specials are on the menu everyday.  And, also looking forward to the rotating specials.  Hope this new menu will be available in January on the Oosterdam.  Cherie

• Like 1

I'm unhappy because in the new menu they have discontinued both the carpaccio and the lamb chops.  I believe that there are also other changes but the two that I have mentioned are the ones that really displease me.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

This is the "old" menu.

Just checked my Navigator for a Noordam departure next week - that Canaletto menu is even older than what are now seeing from other "current" official sites.  It still has cassata for dessert.  And no mention of freshly made pastas.  But darn it, no lamb which was such a hit just last Holiday season. 

We shall just go and be surprised. We have two segments to this cruise - I wonder it will change mid-cruise.