Did those stairs trouble you in the Crown Loft Suite?

mafig

1 minute ago, island lady said:

But as long as the Wonder is still in PC, we will continue to book with her due to loving the GS set up and being only 25 minutes to the port. 

While we love the older Oasis class ships, we found Wonder so underwhelming overall that we will probably never sail on her again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Viking taking the bulk of my new bookings.

We have Celebrity Equinox booked for January 2025 out of PC, and starting to look at the Princess itineraries out of PC as well - we are Platinum on Princess although we haven't sailed on that brand since Carnival purchased the line, so we might give them a whirl just to see how much they have changed.

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have Celebrity Equinox booked for January 2025 out of PC, and starting to look at the Princess itineraries out of PC as well - we are Platinum on Princess although we haven't sailed on that brand since Carnival purchased the line, so we might give them a whirl just to see how much they have changed.

Indeed, we are finally trying Celebrity end of next year.  Like the route out of Tampa going up the Mississippi and the visit to NO.  

Though the CLS cabins are on my favorite deck of 17 on the older ships, just not a fan of that design of those cabins with the stairs and lay out...hence why we love the Wonder with all of the single floor GS cabins on that deck.  Pretty much just live most of our cruise on deck 17 on Wonder.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1st two oasis cruises were in CLS. the balcony with full loungers is a huge plus.  not every suite on royal has that. also the balcony itself is pretty darn deep which is great!  add in a pretty large dining room table and great sofa, it's a great cabin. 

we stayed in an aqua suite 3rd trip and while it was nice having 1 zillion sq ft of balcony, most of it was narrow but you did have 4 bar stools, 2 full loungers, full table and chair plus 2 chairs and ottoman. so it was THE best variety of seating ever.

still, being away from suite lounge and preferring a smaller deeper balcony is our preference and we'd do the CLS again before doing an aqua suite. i love the novelty of 2 floors in a cruise ship (booked an edge villa on X and cant wait!) and it does feel more luxurious vs a typical one floor cabin. also 2 full bathrooms can really come in handy even with just 2 people. 

assuming you are able bodied for the stairs theres no reason not to book. but being close to the SL and CK is such a huge perk for us that i dont know id book any other royal suite. 

also if you are in a cabin crawl i recommend going to get a few plates of cookies as the guests love them. tell the 2 stewards the time of day your crawl is and they will be sure your cabin is tip top!

Edited by luckyinpa
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Like the route out of Tampa going up the Mississippi and the visit to NO. 

Had to go to NO entirely too many times during my career to voluntarily go back on a cruise. We could see doing the itinerary that goes back to the Panama Canal like the Serenade cruise we did in February however.

• Like 1

I’m in the small group of people who don’t care for the stairs. Like most stairs, they look nice and make the room appear more spacious but I found too many times as we’d leave the room I’d left something up there and would have to run up, especially since that’s where you have to charge your phone.

The bigger issue for me though was the isolation of being on deck 17. It’s too far from everything,… I mean unless you’re going to spend the entire cruise in the lounge or CK, I find the OS to be more convenient. 

• Like 2

Mafig all our times in CLS the stairs have not been a problem as long as you are able to walk up and down stairs. Do not think you two will have a hard time with the stairs at all. Just make sure to look if the room is dark and you are walking down the stairs. The large quiet hallways and the view from your loft upstairs cant be beat. Miss the rather large shower with 3 heads on the Oasis and Allure with the new ships having a tub instead.

See you two on a future cruise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jalves said:

Been in a loft suite 4 or 5 times now and no the stairs didn't both us.  As far as the luggage goes, your room steward would be happy to carry them up the stairs for you.  

My room steward on two occasions was a very nice lady from Montenegro and I would never have asked her to tote my luggage up the stairs. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, orville99 said:

Deck 17 are all GS on Wonder. CLS 1852 on Wonder has an elevator. The larger problem on Wonder is that there are only 8 CLS on Wonder as opposed to ~30 on other Oasis class ships

Thanks for reminding me that the GS on Wonder are on deck 17! I knew that, but it had slipped my mind. We just booked Wonder in a balcony but for the right price I’d be very happy to upgrade or even Royal Up into a GS! 

I am ok going up stairs, but carrying heavy or bulky things would not be such a good idea. Going down those stairs, not a very good idea, especially if I’m half asleep! I do like the idea of throwing things over the rail to get them downstairs when packing for disembarkation! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, frank808 said:

Mafig all our times in CLS the stairs have not been a problem as long as you are able to walk up and down stairs. Do not think you two will have a hard time with the stairs at all. Just make sure to look if the room is dark and you are walking down the stairs. The large quiet hallways and the view from your loft upstairs cant be beat. Miss the rather large shower with 3 heads on the Oasis and Allure with the new ships having a tub instead.

See you two on a future cruise.

Hi, Frank☺️

You are one of the reasons we booked this suite.

I remember reading how much you and your family enjoyed it.  Although I know you prefer the back view.  

9 hours ago, perfect match said:

I am ok going up stairs, but carrying heavy or bulky things would not be such a good idea. Going down those stairs, not a very good idea, especially if I’m half asleep! I do like the idea of throwing things over the rail to get them downstairs when packing for disembarkation! 

Worked for me.  Just had to call "heads up" to Bucky down below when I was tossing items.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1