Booked a Nicaragua shore excursion today… now it’s a Sea Day.

canadarocks

Not cruising until next year, but I wanted to lock in a Nicaragua excursion in case the price went up. Been looking at it for well over a month, knowing the political situation and all. Booked it today and lo and behold, it’s just become a Sea Day. 🙄🙄

Edited by canadarocks

40 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Not cruising until next year, but I wanted to lock in a Nicaragua excursion in case the price went up. Been looking at it for well over a month, knowing the political situation and all. Booked it today and lo and behold, it’s just become a Sea Day. 🙄🙄

Maybe on the same cruise.  Thanks for the heads up.  Disappointing. 

• Like 1

Oh ya I knew that. Like I said, waited WELL over a month (to be honest, almost 3) before booking.  Can’t help but think Princess was waiting for SOMEONE to book an excursion before they “pulled the plug”! Timing is just too coincidental.. 🙄

Edited by canadarocks

We will be on the Panama Canal full transit cruise this October and were notified several months ago that Nicaragua would no longer be a stop.  It's strange that they are still advertising it as a stop for future cruises since they know it won't happen.

We are booked on two B2B transits late next year.

Both cruises are currently scheduled to San Juan del Sur.

Can I expect this port to be cancelled ?

Is a replacement in Mexico likely to be added on either the Eastbound or Westbound one, or simply a sea day added ?

Edited by Tranquility Base

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

We are booked on two B2B transits late next year.

Both cruises are currently scheduled to San Juan del Sur.

Can I expect this port to be cancelled ?

Is a replacement in Mexico likely to be added on either the Eastbound or Westbound one, or simply a sea day added ?

In Feb/Mar 2022, we did B2B transits also.  Both our stops in San Juan del Sur were cancelled and became sea days.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, liberty176 said:

In a similar situation for this December.  What happens to the money we paid for the excursion that was booked (but is now a sea day)?

If you booked all of your excursions using a credit card, then you will get a refund on your credit card.

If you booked using a combination of credit card and OBC, you will receive a credit card refund only if the total credit card payment is larger than the remaining excursion booking balance.

Example: Suppose you booked two excursions - one for $200 and one for $100, and suppose you had $125 OBC. Then they would have charged your credit card for $175. Then the $100 excursion was cancelled. Since you still have a $200 excursion and you paid only $175 by credit card, they would not refund anything to your credit card. When you get on the ship, your folio will show a charge for $100 for the excursion and a refundable credit of $175 for the credit card payment.

• Like 1