Lawn club grill

CruisinCoyote

On 9/12/2023 at 8:41 PM, CruisinCoyote said:

We will be on the reflection in January. Has anyone done the lawn club grill and was it worth the upcharge ? Thanks !

Oh yes.  Our favorite speciality restaurant on the Silhouette and Reflection.  We enjoy the great dinner menu.  Lunch menu not the same.  We book a package and go at least twice for dinner- enjoy.

7 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

With the warm chocolate chip cookie dessert?  I’ve bought the little white dishes that they bake the cookies in so I could recreate the dessert…no luck yet, but I refuse to give up!

The rooftop garden on the edge class ships not nearly as nice as the Lawn Club Grill.  Location poor people just walking through the restaurant as if it is a main walkway- so disturbing.  Also we found service at the rooftop garden not nearly as good as the Lawn club grill.  Food was good however.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

With the warm chocolate chip cookie dessert?  I’ve bought the little white dishes that they bake the cookies in so I could recreate the dessert…no luck yet, but I refuse to give up!

Yes, they have the hot chocolate chip cookie with ice cream desert.  We were pleasantly surprised with the Roof Top Garden.  They had quite a few appetizers, and I thought the rib eye I had was better than Fine Cut Steakhouse's.  😋

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 9:00 PM, lola2013 said:

My absolute favorite specialty restaurant…well worth the cost. 😋

We booked LCG for embarkation evening.  I read through all of the tips here.

Easy on the salad and flatbreads.  I think I have the dessert course down pat.

What about the mains and sides?  Any personal favorites or recommendations?

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The rooftop garden on the edge class ships not nearly as nice as the Lawn Club Grill.  Location poor people just walking through the restaurant as if it is a main walkway- so disturbing.  Also we found service at the rooftop garden not nearly as good as the Lawn club grill.  Food was good however.

agree.. not the same experience.. 

not as connected to food prep areas.. Large portions but  a diff style menu..more like pub food. VERY slow service..more than once! We will give it one more try on ASCENT!

2 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

In the days pre covid you could make your own flatbread, it was the most fue.  We took items from the salad bar.  Always had our dinner family style and also included lamb chops and, veal and ribeye. 

Mac and cheese is amazing as well as the warm choc chip cookie.

I wish the E class had it.  Rooftop is not the same !

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It's pretty easy to make, just use your fav cookie recipe (or even the pre-made) and ice cream.  Unfortunately, GA doesn't have the LIFE-CHANGING best ice cream in the world, McConnell's 😞

Perhaps that's a good thing because once you have it, it ruins all other ice creams 🙃

https://mcconnellsfineicecreams.olo.com/

image.thumb.png.52bc951d814de1300a3fd7fa5007f99e.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

I am a meat and potatoes kind of girl…I am thinking about pulled pork slider trio, either filet or BBQ ribs as a main, baked potato (with a ton of butter to top it off)…and THE WARM CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE!!!  I also love the burger but can do that at lunch on a sea day!  Unfortunately, the friends that we are sailing with on this short cruise don’t want to spend $$$ for a specialty restaurant 🤣.  My friend that is doing the next sailing with me along with the others that are joining us will be at LCG for day 1 of the second sailing.  This is a meal that requires “expandable” pants…just like Thanksgiving 😋.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

The Kabobs pair well. They are all great and I usually choose which one(s) depending on my main.