Hideaway Beach at Perfect Day

4 minutes ago, Rackham said:

Part of the problem with offering a paid, quiet, private beach with Hideaway is there's already one in the form of the Beach Club. Since Royal is choosing to make this an upcharge,  there needs to be some differentiation besides more people and less upscale food offerings at a lower price.

I'm kinda surprised with the direction they took this that admission isn't over $100 and includes two complementary drinks while in the area. Might as well go all the way with the beach party vibe.

2 complimentary drinks sure wouldnt help for me. I already get 5 and havent yet ever used up all 5. I'm to the pt of asking my steward what they would like me to pick up for them to try and use them up.  Maybe it's a good thing $75 priced me out for this. I'd bet a lot of us are diamond and higher with free drink vouchers. 

I personally think some other food other than pizza would be a bigger draw. It would have to be really good pizza. Extra extra pepperoni for me. 

Having a more party atmosphere would drive up use of the bars vs. a quiet beach.  I also think a lot of people envisioning the quiet beach is removing the 18-30 year old crowd which would make a good portion of those wanting to have an adult dedicated area, as the 30-50 year old adults are more likely to be with kids and not going to the adult areas.

In the end it will disperse more of the crowd away from the lagoon pool and other areas. I personally would like to see then the music toned down at the lagoon pool.

I read one of the  interviews with a RCCL executive who said they want this to appeal more to the general market, and keep the Beach Club more of an upscale experience.  That makes sense to me.   It was not to compete with the Beach Club.  It probably is a good idea for RCCL as  the 18 and up party crowd now have their own area and as someone here said would be akin to  a Las Vegas pool party experience.

I was at the Beach Club in late July and loved it, and have booked it again  in Nov.  It was worth the price to me.

Late 50 something husband and wife just booked it for Wonder of the Sea's - March 17th sailing. To me, 43.99 per person is worth it.

And we love a DJ!! 😁 

If it turns out to be a monster Vegas style pool party, looks like we can stroll to the rocks for a change of pace.

Lastly, when we are done with our cruise, we can start a thread on who has better pizza...Sorento's or Hideaway beach!!🫢😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

I wish they would open a clothing- optional area. :classic_biggrin:

Would make sense financially, make it a clothing optional area and charge $500 to get in. Couples only or no single men to not make it a sausage party. It would probably sell out to the Miami party crowd on the short weekend cruises 😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Lakelife4me said:

Late 50 something husband and wife just booked it for Wonder of the Sea's - March 17th sailing. To me, 43.99 per person is worth it.

And we love a DJ!! 😁 

If it turns out to be a monster Vegas style pool party, looks like we can stroll to the rocks for a change of pace.

Lastly, when we are done with our cruise, we can start a thread on who has better pizza...Sorento's or Hideaway beach!!🫢😆

I would have booked for 43.99

My cruise is 74.99. 

I also think this very wide price difference is aggravating the heck out of me as it came out like this. It's not supply and demand as I looked right away at the price. It's like a test program and I got messed with in a negative way and leaves a bad taste.

I saw someone say 43.99 and went to purchase it right away yesterday morning. Royal knows how to turn people off.

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I saw someone say 43.99 and went to purchase it right away yesterday morning. Royal knows how to turn people off.

Sorry I said anything! 😭

When are you moving again? Maybe your TA has some reasonable Wonder prices left for my cruises.

I'd say I'd buy you a voucher drink but you keep saying you don't even use yours, lol.

Edited by OCSC Mike

25 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sorry I said anything! 😭

When are you moving again? Maybe your TA has some reasonable Wonder prices left for my cruises.

I'd say I'd buy you a voucher drink but you keep saying you don't even use yours, lol.

I havent set a definite date to move. ..about a year from now. 

I have 8 day booked on harmony for $997. Plus the new bahamas taxes I never heard more about. Oct 12 2024 out of Galveston.  I hate to give up this price and cancel and not sure it makes sense to drive back to texas. I did cancel harmony dec 2024 out of Galveston but not October which is a tad cheaper and 1 more day. Guess where it goes. Its coco cay and the 74.99 next time booked to coco cay. Inside balcony. 

Very popular out of texas to coco cay. Lol. Prices were higher than wonder for a long time. People are like omg coco cay and we can drive. Checked once and they wanted over $1700 pp before fees and taxes. 

Yea I keep trying to buy people drinks too lolol. Cant decide about my texas cruise to coco cay. 

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You can buy me one 

I owe you more than one. Fortunately, soon we'll have 10 between me and my wife instead of 8 so I can be more generous. 😁

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, orville99 said:

We tend to book cruises that avoid Coco Cay.

We don't mind CoCo Cay, but another loud blaring area is not what we are looking for. Couple that with the insane suite prices on almost every ship, the reduced menus, the once a day stateroom service, the incredible ICON prices, Utopia doing 3/4 day jaunts and we are not interested. Times change, I guess. After 29 Royal cruises we are out ------ unless the grandkids demand a trip to the splash pad....

mac_tlc

I'm Diamond on royal, and it's been my go to line for a long time, but no more. It's nothing more than a cash cow now with less to offer. I think this Hideaway Bay is quite the opposite of what I was expecting. A nice quiet day at the beach with a few activities, some eateries, and maybe some live music. I( doubt very much if I'd go Royal again in the Caribbean. Maybe Alaska, but I'll see about that. No interest in Coco Cay anymore.

6 hours ago, Rackham said:

Part of the problem with offering a paid, quiet, private beach with Hideaway is there's already one in the form of the Beach Club. Since Royal is choosing to make this an upcharge,  there needs to be some differentiation besides more people and less upscale food offerings at a lower price.

6 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

Having a more party atmosphere would drive up use of the bars vs. a quiet beach.  I also think a lot of people envisioning the quiet beach is removing the 18-30 year old crowd which would make a good portion of those wanting to have an adult dedicated area, as the 30-50 year old adults are more likely to be with kids and not going to the adult areas.

These two comments make sense. 

On 9/14/2023 at 9:54 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Here's the dscription in the cruise planner...

Overview

You’ve landed on our private island and found the ultimate beachfront party in paradise just for adults — Hideaway Beach. Swim right up to the popping Hideaway Bar, fueled by non-stop, DJ-spun beats.

"Non-stop DJ" is a hard pass for us. I'll risk the screaming kid...

Teddie

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Admittedly, I don't have a "business brain", but it seems to me this board is an insight into how frequent cruisers think -- for free.  I think if I were RC, I'd have someone peruse these boards once a week or so /report back the findings.  

I do enjoy the lunch on Coco Cay. 

See, I wouldn't because I can get that quiet spot by the ocean for free at Chill Island.  I was 100% satisfied.  

What does concern me is that they're building up for-cost stuff all over Coco Cay, and it may end up limiting the "no cost" spots.  

They don’t care about -  or want the frequent cruisers who whine and complain about every possible perk they can get without spending an additional dime on board. They are not making any money off of you, and truly your loyalty means nothing. All cruise lines are looking for the first time - free spending cruiser - who isn’t obsessed with getting that free bag of laundry plus their drink coupons. # TrueFacts

Edited by RD64
Additional
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:32 AM, Newcruiser215 said:

Royal just dropped a video on their YT channel that has more info. 

Didja notice that every single virtual adult in this video appear to be 30 and under?  I wonder if there will be an age LIMIT! 🤣

Teddie

• Haha 1