Balance Due and Cancellation notice after you paid in full?????/

LMHSRN

Has anyone else had any difficulties with their invoice and pricing changing after final payment?

Paid in full, had substantial amount of OBC and once final payment made, all holy H..l broke out.

First I kept getting notices that I owed a balance.  I actually had overpaid and was due a refund.  Never happened.

Then some excursions were cancelled stating "due to changes in your reservations, some items purchased have not not been paid for"  No changes to reservation made.  Got that fixed but still shows a balance due on final payment (not).  Then a change in balance due for final payment and the same day OBC disappeared and excursions cancelled again.  I am beside myself and have run out of ideas on how to fix this.  I have made almost daily calls/checks to Celebrity and this is still going on.  Anyone else having any issues like these?

Yes, had the excursion issue on an upcoming cruise. 3 weeks now and still no resolution. The excursion was cancelled because supposedly I owed money (even though it was paid in full) AND I have not received the refund. Yet another call to them coming up this week to continue to try to get this escalated and resolved. Currently out ~$390 in OBC. Thankfully I was able to rebook the excursion at a lower rate at least. 

Assuming you booked everything with Celebrity and not a TA you need to contact your credit card company and dispute the charges etc.  If you have proof that you paid Celebrity let the credit card company be your agent in this mess.

If you are using a TA, contact them immediately.  When I had them, the TA, process the payment for our Bermuda cruise last July the charge came in at nearly twice what was due. I called the TA and within minutes they were working to fix it and threw in some extra OBC for the mistake. 

This happened to me. Several days after final payment was made, July 27, I got an email balance due notice for $175.97 on August 1. I just paid it that one time. That began a series of balance due emails, for the same amount, every other day for about 6 weeks. That also began a series of AMEX credits for the same amount, six total. I was using a specific Celebrity Vacation Planner. She checked and said it was an IT issue and started working on it. Finally she called me with the resolution on Sept.19. She said I would show a balance due one more time and an immediate credit back to AMEX. That seems to have worked. No balance due emails since and she sent me a current invoice showing no balance due. She said she had heard of this happening before but never with one of her clients.

You just need to get who ever is handling your booking to get on it. Hopefully some of what I posted here will be helpful to him/her.

• Like 1

This happened to me. Several days after final payment was made, July 27, I got an email balance due notice for $175.97 on August 1. I just paid it that one time. That began a series of balance due emails, for the same amount, every other day for about 6 weeks. That also began a series of AMEX credits for the same amount, six total. I was using a specific Celebrity Vacation Planner. She checked and said it was an IT issue and started working on it. Finally she called me with the resolution on Sept.19. She said I would show a balance due one more time and an immediate credit back to AMEX. That seems to have worked. No balance due emails since and she sent me a current invoice showing no balance due. She said she had heard of this happening before but never with one of her clients.

You just need to get who ever is handling your booking to get on it. Hopefully some of what I posted here will be helpful to him/her.

She threw in some additional OBC for the hassle.

19 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Math does not seem to be Celebrity's strong suite.  I paid my cruise balance in full and ended up with a $48 dollar credit.  🤣

It is frustrating.  Seems that invoice changes daily.  They don't seem to understand PAID IN FULL.

And as far as cancelling my excursions, I just am beside myself in trying to have this resolved as now some of what they cancelled are now not available.

So far ::: knock on wood ::: we've been fine with Celebrity but parent company RCL added a mystery extra $33 charge after we'd paid in full for our next cruise with them. It was small enough I just paid it, but if any more show up I'll be calling.

3 hours ago, karmamule said:

So far ::: knock on wood ::: we've been fine with Celebrity but parent company RCL added a mystery extra $33 charge after we'd paid in full for our next cruise with them. It was small enough I just paid it, but if any more show up I'll be calling.

I  attempted to pay also and was told I cant pay something I didn't owe.  Can you believe that.  They even acknowledge that I don't owe it yet keep cancelling stuff.

Edited by LMHSRN
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, karmamule said:

Any chance you are sailing to the Bahamas?  If so, it might be the new tax that they are charging for travellers to visit.

snow bunny 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, snow bunny said:

Any chance you are sailing to the Bahamas?  If so, it might be the new tax that they are charging for travellers to visit.

snow bunny 

Something like that could be it, but not that specifically. We're going from Miami to St. Kitts, St. Thomas, and Coco Cay.

This has happened to us as soon as we checked in, all our OBC has vanished and items we purchased with OBC have now been invoiced to us. 

Also an additional £600 has been added to our cruise fare despite everything having been paid in full already. 

Looks like it'll be yet another lengthy phone call to Celebrity and hope we get an agent who is aware of this issue. 

On 9/24/2023 at 2:05 PM, Mr. Click said:

Assuming you booked everything with Celebrity and not a TA you need to contact your credit card company and dispute the charges etc.  If you have proof that you paid Celebrity let the credit card company be your agent in this mess.

If you are using a TA, contact them immediately.  When I had them, the TA, process the payment for our Bermuda cruise last July the charge came in at nearly twice what was due. I called the TA and within minutes they were working to fix it and threw in some extra OBC for the mistake. 

A dispute with the credit card isn't going to help the OP get their excursions re-booked or ensure that they have a zero balance come final payment time. If anything, it will just get their booking cancelled. 

• Thanks 1

Have had similar issues as well before.  Kept showing I owed gratuities even though All inclusive and paid in full..  Clicked on the remove gratuities and a balance of thousands owing showed up.    Called the Celebrity rep I deal with and he said from his end we were paid in full.   Another said what they see is different.  IMO, if I log into my booking, I should see what they see.  I ve also had an excursion removed and was glad I had taken a screenshot of the paid excursion      Their invoicing is unnecessarily complex.  

If you booked online, I would call.   

3 hours ago, sanger727 said:

A dispute with the credit card isn't going to help the OP get their excursions re-booked or ensure that they have a zero balance come final payment time. If anything, it will just get their booking cancelled. 

You are right, it won't help with the excursion issue BUT if you are getting nowhere with the merchant getting the credit card company involved will get their attention, especially if they keep adding on charges.

11 hours ago, Trickydic said:

This has happened to us as soon as we checked in, all our OBC has vanished and items we purchased with OBC have now been invoiced to us. 

Also an additional £600 has been added to our cruise fare despite everything having been paid in full already. 

Looks like it'll be yet another lengthy phone call to Celebrity and hope we get an agent who is aware of this issue. 

I feel and share your pain.  Good luck.  It has now been 6 weeks for my mess.

We had the same thing happen with an upcoming cruise. I paid in full and when the page refreshed it showed $70 owing and half of our OBC gone. Checked the next day and all was corrected. Got a balance due email a week later with the same $70 owing & OBC cut in half. I called Celebrity and they fixed it pretty quickly. One of the discount codes had “fallen off”. I asked for and received a statement showing paid in full. So far.

no more issues. Thinking that keeping our original booking sheets is more important than ever since things tend to ‘fall off’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

We had the same thing happen with an upcoming cruise. I paid in full and when the page refreshed it showed $70 owing and half of our OBC gone. Checked the next day and all was corrected. Got a balance due email a week later with the same $70 owing & OBC cut in half. I called Celebrity and they fixed it pretty quickly. One of the discount codes had “fallen off”. I asked for and received a statement showing paid in full. So far.

no more issues. Thinking that keeping our original booking sheets is more important than ever since things tend to ‘fall off’.

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent on this issue only for it to get worse daily.  I now show a balance due of $471.92     Three weeks ago it was $3739.5 then it was $181.92.  This is making me crazy.  They are working on this and assure me I am paid in full yet every statement they send me shows a balance due.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent on this issue only for it to get worse daily.  I now show a balance due of $471.92     Three weeks ago it was $3739.5 then it was $181.92.  This is making me crazy.  They are working on this and assure me I am paid in full yet every statement they send me shows a balance due.....

I can’t imagine the stress. I was totally PO’d when it happened once! Can you get the X rep to send you an invoice showing paid in full? 

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

I can’t imagine the stress. I was totally PO’d when it happened once! Can you get the X rep to send you an invoice showing paid in full? 

Have requested that each and every time to no avail.  They just keep assuring me there is a zero balance but until I see it, again I might add, I won't believe them.  I have a total of 11 "FINAL" invoices varing from zero balance to the current $471.92.  Only hope i am clinging to is that we are a month past final payment date and they have not cancelled the cruise on me.  Just excursions and screwing around with OBC's.

15 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Vacations are so relaxing right? What a mess.

I have to pay off our balance next month for our January trip, we'll see if I get to add to this thread with another example of IT problems.

Ditto for us for our Feb 3 cruise! I am just hoping the lack of several hundred posts on this thread indicates the "odds may ever be in our favor."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

Ditto for us for our Feb 3 cruise! I am just hoping the lack of several hundred posts on this thread indicates the "odds may ever be in our favor."

I hope so.  Seems like someone needs some true customer service.

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1