Afternoon Tea

blackberry1

Tea Time is (almost always) from 3-4pm on Sea Days. It is lovely, you can sit with a group or ask for a Table for 2 or a Single (last cruise I went to Tea Time once by myself with a book and it was nice). Lipton Tea is served but they also offer “special teas” which come with a cost so beware of that. They have mini sandwiches (usually cucumber and salmon) and desserts you do not see outside of Tea Time. I love the Scones with Clotted Cream and when husband is with me he tries about everything he sees. 

10 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I've never attended a tea time.  Is this an everyday thing or just once a cruise?

On my recent Magic cruise, an 8 day, it was offered twice from what I recall.

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

Tea Time is (almost always) from 3-4pm on Sea Days. It is lovely, you can sit with a group or ask for a Table for 2 or a Single (last cruise I went to Tea Time once by myself with a book and it was nice). Lipton Tea is served but they also offer “special teas” which come with a cost so beware of that. They have mini sandwiches (usually cucumber and salmon) and desserts you do not see outside of Tea Time. I love the Scones with Clotted Cream and when husband is with me he tries about everything he sees. 

The scones are fantastic. One of the few bread products I indulge in these days.

• Like 2

I love the Sea Day Tea Times. And go to just about all. Yes, the free tea selection is now just plain black tea and I think a green tea. They have flavored tea bags also, but you have to pay for those. I'm thinking around $3 per bag. Some people who want a specific flavor tea will bring their own. I'm personally happy to pay the $3. Plus, you get the little sandwiches (oops, I hate salmon, and cucumbers, so I don't get those; I wait for the SWEETS!). There are usually scones, macarons, fudge tarts with fruit, a couple of different cakes, etc.
      Tip:   I'm sure these are more of CCL's cost-cutting actions, but they don't automatically bring, like they used to, the clotted cream, honey, and lemons to the tables. If you want those, just ask the server and they will bring it to you.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

It has been a while since I got the family together for a cruise.  Afternoon Tea is a favorite.  I believe I was able to read that in 2022 Carnival had to eliminate afternoon tea on cruises shorter than 6 days.   We are likely to schedule a 4 day in May, has Carnival re-instututed afternoon tea on shorter cruises?

They don't have any reserved seating and there are a limited number of tables for two - at least that was the case on Panorama recently.

So, arrive early for best seating, or be prepared to sit at a shared table.

Posted (edited)

Afternoon tea is still happening fleet wide on all sea days at 3pm. Even my 3 day cruise March 8th had afternoon tea on the sea day at 3pm. Remember that they have a free tea. You will be offered a paid tea bag first. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 2

As an English man, I love tea and drink it by the gallon! I wonder how many of my American friends  realise that the idea of afternoon tea, or at least its name, is a source of much argument in the UK?

Perhaps like the US, there is a bit of a divide in the UK between the north and the south and one of the (many) indicators of whether you are a northerner or a southerner is what you call your daily meals. In summary, we have this:

North: Breakfast, dinner at midday (which is generally a cooked meal), tea in the later afternoon (which, if a cooked meal, would be called high tea) and supper (a snack later in the evening)

South: Breakfast, lunch at midday, afternoon tea (not so common nowadays), dinner in the evening. A less formal or substantial evening meal would be termed supper

Being from the middle of the country, I use the terms interchangeably! 

• Like 4