Reciprocal status Royal vs Celebrity

bigeagle12

Sailing on Celebrity in January.  I know I will be Elite status on Celebrity since I am Diamond on Royal.  Celebrity does not offer the 4 daily free drinks but instead offers free drinks during the Cocktail Hour (5 to 7pm).  Is this still true?  Friends thought this had been changed to allow the 4 drinks throughout the day?

I have cross-posted this on Celebrity too.

2 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

Sailing on Celebrity in January.  I know I will be Elite status on Celebrity since I am Diamond on Royal.  Celebrity does not offer the 4 daily free drinks but instead offers free drinks during the Cocktail Hour (5 to 7pm).  Is this still true?  Friends thought this had been changed to allow the 4 drinks throughout the day?

I have cross-posted this on Celebrity too.

Celebrity does not offer 4 daily free drinks, just the 5-7pm happy hour only for select drinks at most bars, excluding the martini and molecular.  

The only Diamond so get Elite perk we actually used was the free 30 item laundry bag a scoop of gelato. We packed less and came home with less dirty laundry. We really appreciated this benefit. 

We were able to get a few bottled waters and diet cokes in the theatre bar between 5 and 7, but the crew indicated that they were not supposed to. We never managed to be in a lounge at the right time.

While I enjoyed my Celebrity cruise, and would go again, I missed having the Diamond lounge breakfasts and appetizers, getting my free diet coke and bottles of water easily every day, and a free day of internet. As indoor or balcony cruisers who do not do the drink package, we probably missed our Diamond benefits more than most.

As a  non- related point between the two- We always get the ultimate dining package on RC, but expected the dining room food to be better on Celebrity. It was not. The buffet was much better than RC, but I would still buy at least some specialty dining b4 you. go.

11 minutes ago, budmeister said:

The only Diamond so get Elite perk we actually used was the free 30 item laundry bag a scoop of gelato. We packed less and came home with less dirty laundry. We really appreciated this benefit. 

We were able to get a few bottled waters and diet cokes in the theatre bar between 5 and 7, but the crew indicated that they were not supposed to. We never managed to be in a lounge at the right time.

While I enjoyed my Celebrity cruise, and would go again, I missed having the Diamond lounge breakfasts and appetizers, getting my free diet coke and bottles of water easily every day, and a free day of internet. As indoor or balcony cruisers who do not do the drink package, we probably missed our Diamond benefits more than most.

As a  non- related point between the two- We always get the ultimate dining package on RC, but expected the dining room food to be better on Celebrity. It was not. The buffet was much better than RC, but I would still buy at least some specialty dining b4 you. go.

I agree about missing all the Diamond perks.  We just got off Wonder of the Seas with kids and grand kids and everyone had a blast.  However, really love the upscale and relaxing feel on Celebrity.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

I agree about missing all the Diamond perks.  We just got off Wonder of the Seas with kids and grand kids and everyone had a blast.  However, really love the upscale and relaxing feel on Celebrity.  

Agreed. There is a lot to really appreciate in Celebrity. And we are on Wonder in 1/24. Looking forward to it!

52 minutes ago, caribbeanboy said:

So no more Elite breakfast and afternoon happy hour where you can sit and have a talk? Or is just get drinks at the bar between 5-7?

Elite breakfast still is happening. The 5-7  CC HH is no longer in the Sky Lounge. CC HH is still from 5 -7 at most bars. Unlimited drinks from the limited CC HH beverage menu.  No CC HH the first evening of the cruise. 

Edited by doghog

On 9/27/2023 at 11:38 AM, bigeagle12 said:

We have cruised Celebrity twice in the last 6 months and it just isn’t for us.  Not enough to do for us and we aren’t into all of the Spa things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barbeyg said:

We enjoy sailing Celebrity, in Edge class.  The Elite breakfast is nice, and comes with specialty coffees.  Other than that, there is really no benefit in status for us while sailing Celebrity. 

Also bloody mary's, mimosas and bellini's. 

• Like 2