New to Princess and hungry!

Veinless

21 minutes ago, Veinless said:

How/where can you see which MDRs are open for breakfast/lunch, and what times?

The pamphlet only shows dinner times. On the Majestic currently. Thanks!

Have you checked out the buffet for breakfast or lunch?  We rarely go to the dining rooms for these two meals because we have found the menus to be limited and rather plain.  We love the variety of foods and cuisines available on the buffet.  Also,  the International Cafe is always open and has nice selections of breakfast and lunch foods.

28 minutes ago, Veinless said:

The patter should show the MDR and times for breakfast and lunch. One MDR will be open every day for breakfast. One MDR will be open every sea day for lunch. The MDRs are normally not available on port days. If you can't find the information, ask at Guest Services.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Veinless said:

If today was embarkation, it won't show breakfast times. You'll have to get tomorrow's Daily Event planner for that info.

That said, one MDR will be open for breakfast every single day.

One MDR will be open for lunch every sea day.

Generally speaking, IME, it's one of the midship dining rooms.  

And I'm be the same one for breakfast and lunch. 

Recheck the times on the back of the Daily Event Planner... (Unless you're on embarkation day, in which case - ask the maitre'd at the dining room or call DINE line or ask guest services, or wait for your next day's Planner. 

• Like 3

Agree with finding times on the Daily Event Planner. It's not called the Patter anymore.

As far as what's for lunch and dinner. The menu for lunch is posted outside the MDR where lunch is served. Outside one of the other MDR's, the dinner menu will be posted. The App has been know to be wrong. Go with the posted menu.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Veinless said:

If you don’t see it on the App, just ask your cabin steward for a Patter every day.  They will leave it on your bed at night or under tje door.  Has all the activities and times every day.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Agree with finding times on the Daily Event Planner. It's not called the Patter anymore.

As far as what's for lunch and dinner. The menu for lunch is posted outside the MDR where lunch is served. Outside one of the other MDR's, the dinner menu will be posted. The App has been know to be wrong. Go with the posted menu.

I will always call it the Patter!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Next question - are there supposed to be separate lines for those with table reservations already set vs those without? Seems odd to have a 5pm reservation but need to queue up with folks that do not have one. 

We’ve found this varies from ship to ship. Some are better organizing this than others. We also make reservations for 5:20 or 5:40 to avoid the “scrum”. It can feel like an airport boarding gate at 5 pm.

48 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Next question - are there supposed to be separate lines for those with table reservations already set vs those without? Seems odd to have a 5pm reservation but need to queue up with folks that do not have one. 

You have to check in to get your table assigned, like a restaurant.

So, they should also have a line with reservations and without reservations.  Most of them do.

5 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I will always call it the Patter!

I agree with you, but the title of this thread is, "New to Princess and Hungry. I didn't want the OP to be searching for a Patter and wondering what one is. I'll have to admit that I got the name wrong too. It's Princess Event Listings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

I agree with you, but the title of this thread is, "New to Princess and Hungry. I didn't want the OP to be searching for a Patter and wondering what one is. I'll have to admit that I got the name wrong too. It's Princess Event Listings.

Completely agree.  I was just being nostalgic. 

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

Princess Event Listing.

A change that was entirely unnecessary and didn't add anything to the marketing or daily planner or anything at all - except to make the name completely and totally unmemorable...

1.+April+3,+2022+-+Los+Angeles+(Embark)_Page_1.jpg

20230306_101615.jpg.8ff33aae45a87f21abbf1916af6049c4.jpg

Agree!  Blah!!

• Like 2

Just got off Ruby Princess on Sunday and the paper was labeled as The Patter.  

On the Wake Show, the cruise director Cole said the Patter (which he also called as such) was a curated view of events and using the listings in the app would provide even more activities.  

I didn’t feel the need to bring copies of any Patter home.  

But it really was called the Patter from Sept 14-24, 2023 on the Ruby Princess, whether you believe me or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, mevs904 said:

We rarely go to the dining rooms for these two meals because we have found the menus to be limited and rather plain. 

I have never noticed any breakfast foods not listed on the Main Dining Room breakfast menu.  But I guess I am a very plain breakfast diner!

I avoid the MDR for breakfast because it is far too leisurely for me.  I go grab what I want at the buffet, eat and move along.