Theatre Question

Minnie29

2 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Can anyone tell me if you can prebook the boxes in the theatre ahead of your cruise and when this becomes available online?

I understand it’s only for formal nights but just wondering if you can prebook on My Cunard?

Thank you

No, you can't pre book on line .  Booking a theatre box (which also includes the product of Champagne, chocolates etc) are usually for the big production shows . Whilst these big production shows are usually on a formal evening they are also subject to change . You will need to mange this on the day once onboard the ship. In the mean time Theatre Boxes are freely available on a first come first served on non formal evenings. 

Edited by Bell Boy

Regarding the price of the boxes, I might be wrong but I believe I once read that they are $60 USD per couple plus a 15% service charge. 

We are considering booking one during our upcoming sailing from Barcelona on October 9th. (The countdown is on! 🍾) I will be sure to share our experience should we book one!

• Like 1

We booked a box one evening and thought it was well worth the cost. We received LP champagne on ice (cannot remember whether it was a half or full bottle) and a beautiful selection of petit fours. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, and being in the box made it feel very special. We wouldn't do this lightly, but for a special occasion we thought it was lovely. We booked onboard, on the day if I remember correctly.

• Like 4

From one of QE's program guides on our recent voyage...

Theatre Box Programme

Available on production show evenings.  Enjoy a cocktail in a private lounge area before the show.  Indulge in chocolate treats and Laurent-Perrier Champagne in your private box.  To make a reservation, please dial 33000.  Reservations close at 1.30p on the day of the performance.  US$60 plus a 15% service charge per couple.

We have not done this ourselves.  We sometimes sit in the boxes during the daytime insight lectures, and they are a great location to watch the occasional cooking demonstrations.

7 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Cunard must have changed the champagne.    When we sailed on the QV we had a whole not half bottle.    We were in QG but I doubt that made a difference.

Our Box experience was many years ago so the half must have grown up. 🙂