cover bands

3 minutes ago, trippen texan said:

Anyone know the name of the cover bands or house bands on the Harmony of the sea and on the Voyager of the sea thanks

So far all that is on Harmony is a group called A-Groove band.  No sign of a cover band yet.

I'm hoping we get a cover band too...  There have been hints that Royal is bringing back cover bands but no official sign yet.  They were advertising for them as recently as a month ago on EntertainersWorldwideJobs.com. 

I would consider them a "House Band" and not a cover band.  I suspect they move from venue to venue and play whatever the situation dictates.  

We sailed Oasis in 2022 for a B2B and were fortunate to have a Styx (Wk 1) and Aerosmith (Wk 2) cover band in "The Music Hall" venue.  That was an entertaining cover band experience.

1 hour ago, trigger said:

Whatever happened to Muzik Xpress? We saw them on the Allure and Symphony and really enjoyed them. Haven’t heard anyone mentioning them since the startup after Covid.

We were on Oasis last week and they were the house band. They’re really great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 8:34 PM, Tree_skier said:

I'm hoping we get a cover band too...  There have been hints that Royal is bringing back cover bands but no official sign yet.  They were advertising for them as recently as a month ago on EntertainersWorldwideJobs.com. 

Good news, Ovation had a Journey cover band a couple of weeks ago! They were quite good, too.  Brought back memories of seeing the real thing for my 14th birthday. 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lgonquin said:

I would consider them a "House Band" and not a cover band.  I suspect they move from venue to venue and play whatever the situation dictates.  

We sailed Oasis in 2022 for a B2B and were fortunate to have a Styx (Wk 1) and Aerosmith (Wk 2) cover band in "The Music Hall" venue.  That was an entertaining cover band experience.

Would have loved either of those on our August Oasis cruise. All we had was the house band in the Music Hall a few times. Really a downgrade from last year when we saw Phoenix on two different cruises. They were great. According to their website, they are on Oasis in November but......

mac_tlc

10 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Good news, Ovation had a Journey cover band a couple of weeks ago! They were quite good, too.  Brought back memories of seeing the real thing for my 14th birthday. 😄

Yeah that is one of the ones that I noticed "The DSB Band" were on Ovation when I was on here in 2022. I really enjoyed them.  They put on a good show.

3 hours ago, lgonquin said:

Yes they are a house band. Cover band implies a specific group is being covered. The two you had on Oasis would have made for great back to back entertainment.  Historically the cover bands play two weeks stints, getting different bands on a B2B would be good fortune.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bigque said:

I’m on Harmony in 8 days and they have a Bruno Mars Cover Band listed. 

Yeah, that is A-Grove band... They cover everything from Shania Twain to Bruno Mars.  They are more of a house band rather than a true cover band.  They're very good though...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

If the Journey cover band was DSB they are really good.  Saw them on Anthem pre-covid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

If the Journey cover band was DSB they are really good.  Saw them on Anthem pre-covid.

Yep, that's them! The lineup has changed a bit since the pre-COVID days, but the lead singer is still the same. Best show we saw on that cruise!

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

We are DSB fans too.  Have seen them on Anthem a few times.  There is another Journey tribute band that we saw on Anthem too and their lead singer was not as good. 

Saw a Journey tribute band on Anthem several years ago . I soon discovered i couldnt handle the high pitched voice of the singer after a few tunes.Now i wont listen to Journey .

I preferred the house band ... Rock the Boat that had a variety of material .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, loman said:

Saw a Journey tribute band on Anthem several years ago . I soon discovered i couldnt handle the high pitched voice of the singer after a few tunes.Now i wont listen to Journey .

I preferred the house band ... Rock the Boat that had a variety of material .

Was that one Resurrection?  The lead singer in DSB is much better than the one in Resurrection.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Was that one Resurrection?  The lead singer in DSB is much better than the one in Resurrection.

Cant recall . It was a while ago . Its Journey music in general i cat handle , as the two singers in the real band had similar pipes and could hit those high notes quite well . I soon realized i couldnt handle several songs in a row .

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 5:23 PM, reallyitsmema said:

We are DSB fans too.  Have seen them on Anthem a few times.  There is another Journey tribute band that we saw on Anthem too and their lead singer was not as good. 

Saw a Journey cover band on Oasis in February, "Journeys USA" was the band. They were pretty good and a lot of fun. Ended almost every night watching them at Music hall.